Coastal elitism drove populist revolt

Danoh

I'm talking JFK style. Not paranoia... explicit threats have been made. He is a real threat to the forerunners of the anti Christ system.

Rotfl...

Boy have you drifted far from your Bible rightly divided.

Trump and his Tower in his homage to himself in his deeply entrenched, overblown vanity is the very abomination before God described in Genesis 11 and the latter half of Roman's 1's description of the ever infamous spirit of Baal's Tower of Babel.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

You are blind as a bat in the mid-day sun on a scorching hot summer day if you can't see Trump's ever preening about himself in that ridiculous smile of his as if God should consider Himself blessed that Trump exists :chuckle:

Trump - the very fool who ever goes around self-pleased with himself as if his every thought is that of the Adversary's "I will be like the Most High."

Duh - uh, lol

ClimateSanity

Rotfl...

Boy have you drifted far from your Bible rightly divided.

Trump and his Tower in his homage to himself in his deeply entrenched, overblown vanity is the very abomination before God described in Genesis 11 and the latter half of Roman's 1's description of the ever infamous spirit of Baal's Tower of Babel.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

You are blind as a bat in the mid-day sun on a scorching hot summer day if you can't see Trump's ever preening about himself in that ridiculous smile of his as if God should consider Himself blessed that Trump exists :chuckle:

Trump - the very fool who ever goes around self-pleased with himself as if his every thought is that of the Adversary's "I will be like the Most High."

Duh - uh, lol

It appears you don't see true evil and see evil were mere weakness of the flesh is displayed. Tisk tisk

You also don't have the slightest idea what it means to divide the bible according to what Paul was telling Timothy to do.

northwye

Christopher Lasch also wrote The Culture of Narcissism: American Life in an Age of Diminishing Expectations, 1991.

This is one of a few books by social scientists on the Counterculture of the Sixties and Seventies. Another book on the Counterculture is Herbert Hendin's The Age of Sensation, 1975. There is also
Daniel Yankelovich's New Rules: Searching for Self-Fulfillment In A World Turned Upside Down, 1981.

The Counterculture led to what was called the Me Generation of the later 20th century, which comes out of the several influences upon the counterculture and can be seen as a fulfillment of Paul's prophecy in II Timothy 3: 1-4.

The political Left, from Marxism, was not as important in the counterculture until the very late sixties and early seventies. I remember than in Madison, Wisconsin one of the leaders of the political left in about 1968 wrote an article in the University newspaper talking about the possible merging of the Hippie movement with the political Left. And an editor of a local literary magazine opposed the arrival of what was called Women's Liberation in 1969-70.

But Marxism did merge with the bohemianism of the earlier counterculture and led to the political correctness movement which took over the Democratic Party and played a big role in the rise of the Alternative Media and the rise of the nationalist-populist movement as a reaction against it.

The Saul Alinsky Marxism of Obama, and Hillary to some extent, is a different form of the Left than the background for political. correctness which was the Frankfurt School's more psychologized Marxism.

Christopher Lasch may have died before it became evident that the later Counterculture and the Me Generation, based in part on the Frankfurt School psychologized Marxism, was to play a role in the national political scene, which was to evoke an opposition by 2016. Trump was the first national figure to make political correctness an issue and to expose it.

Dean Gotcher, for example, has connected the self psychology of Carl Rogers and A.H. Maslow, as social engineers, to the influence in America of the Frankfurt School Marxism.

But maybe Lasch, the historian, did have some understanding of the role of the later counterculture and Frankfurt School Marxism within it to the conflict which emerged after his death, especially in the 2016 election between Hillary's Leftist ideology, and "Boss" mentality, and a new "Conservative Counterculture" and cognitively sharper opposition movement.

For example, this new Alternative Media brings up the role of the Eugenics movement, the medical monopoly's failures, the pedophile evil within the elite, etc, all of which the more traditional political dialogue never touched. And this ignoring of these evils is part of the problem of the Christian Church today, that following I Timothy 4: 1 many in it speak "...lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron." Their conscience seared with a hot iron is a metaphor, meaning they have lost Christian morality.

Last edited:

Danoh

It appears you don't see true evil and see evil were mere weakness of the flesh is displayed. Tisk tisk

You also don't have the slightest idea what it means to divide the bible according to what Paul was telling Timothy to do.

So says you - who couldn't defend why you supposedly hold a Mid-Acts position back when Tetelestai shot your arguments full of holes.

You're book learned; that is why.

You're lazy. Hence your absence over in ETC.

You don't have to be, but you clearly are.

It's why you take personal offense over a man who has repeatedly proven he could not care less for anyone other than his own self-worship if his Presidency depended on it - which - it - does.

You're on the Titanic, bro, and sinking fast...it is.

ClimateSanity

Answer this : it will help reveal how aware you are of real evil.
Who would God throw into hell first?....Trump or Bill Mahrer?

Danoh

Answer this : it will help reveal how aware you are of real evil.
Who would God throw into hell first?....Trump or Bill Mahrer?

:chuckle:

Now that was funny.

You have got to be kidding - are you actually that off in your understanding; or that desperate to hold on to your Trump delusion?

Never mind - don't answer that; obviously you are both that off, and that desperate.

Sheesh...oy vey...and - well I'll be horn swaggled :chuckle:

Danoh

You thought it was funny? You have no clue what is evil as I thought.

No, I merely find your desperate attempt at such distinctions humorous.

Humor...tragedy reflected on..over time.

The Trumper ever attempting to deflect from the issue he simply cannot bring himself to face - his having placed his faith in one heck of a corrupt, coveting "billionaire."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The following is a summary of the ideas that made Steve bannon what he is today from the book " The revolt of the Elites and the betrayal of democracy" by Christopher Lasch.

" “Today it is the elites…those who control the international flow of money and information, preside over philanthropic foundations and institutions of higher learning, manage the instruments of cultural production and thus set the terms of public debate…that have lost faith in the values…of the West.”
“The new elites are in revolt against ‘Middle America,’ as they imagine it: a nation technologically backward, politically reactionary, repressive in its tastes, smug and complacent, dull and dowdy.”
“Those who covet membership in the new aristocracy of brains tend to congregate on the coasts, turning their back on the heartland and cultivating ties with the international market in fast-moving money, glamour, fashion, and popular culture.”
“The parties no longer represent the opinions and interests of ordinary people. The political process is dominated by rival elites committed to irreconcilable ideologies.”

This perfectly describes the attitudes of those on the left who hold the reins of power. With this kind of attitude, is it any wonder middle America faded away since the 70s?

The power elites are the ones with money - the billionaires and the corporations, the shared monopolies who fund the candidates and pay the lobbyists.

They're on both sides of the aisle, don't pretend that for every George Soros there isn't a Koch brother.

ClimateSanity

The power elites are the ones with money - the billionaires and the corporations, the shared monopolies who fund the candidates and pay the lobbyists.

They're on both sides of the aisle, don't pretend that for every George Soros there isn't a Koch brother.

Soros and Koch are on the same team. It's nationalists versus globalists.....that's the reality.... not this phony democrat / Republican divide. The only other division is collectivism/ individualism.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The following is a summary of the ideas that made Steve bannon what he is today from the book " The revolt of the Elites and the betrayal of democracy" by Christopher Lasch.

Also: this is the book which apparently drives Steve Bannon:

Stephen Bannon, President Donald Trump’s chief strategist and the driving force behind the administration’s controversial ban on travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries, has a favorite metaphor he uses to describe the largest refugee crisis in human history.

“It’s been almost a Camp of the Saints-type invasion into Central and then Western and Northern Europe,” he said in October 2015.

“The whole thing in Europe is all about immigration,” he said in January 2016. “It’s a global issue today — this kind of global Camp of the Saints.”

“It’s not a migration,” he said later that January. “It’s really an invasion. I call it the Camp of the Saints.”

“When we first started talking about this a year ago,” he said in April 2016, “we called it the Camp of the Saints. ... I mean, this is Camp of the Saints, isn’t it?”

This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World
“The Camp of the Saints” tells a grotesque tale about a migrant invasion to destroy Western civilization.

ClimateSanity

Also: this is the book which apparently drives Steve Bannon:

Stephen Bannon, President Donald Trump’s chief strategist and the driving force behind the administration’s controversial ban on travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries, has a favorite metaphor he uses to describe the largest refugee crisis in human history.

“It’s been almost a Camp of the Saints-type invasion into Central and then Western and Northern Europe,” he said in October 2015.

“The whole thing in Europe is all about immigration,” he said in January 2016. “It’s a global issue today — this kind of global Camp of the Saints.”

“It’s not a migration,” he said later that January. “It’s really an invasion. I call it the Camp of the Saints.”

“When we first started talking about this a year ago,” he said in April 2016, “we called it the Camp of the Saints. ... I mean, this is Camp of the Saints, isn’t it?”

This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World
“The Camp of the Saints” tells a grotesque tale about a migrant invasion to destroy Western civilization.

He's right. It's not a refugee crisis; it's a Muslim invasion. Muslim is a religion and not a race.

Danoh

By the way, West Coast native here, born and raised. :)

Closed the shop, sold the house, bought a ticket to the west coast
Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.
I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore this is my life
Go ahead with your own life leave me alone
I never said you had to offer me a second chance
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
I still belong
Don't get me wrong
And you can speak your mind
But not on my time...

- Billy Joel

Lol - give em all "what for" anna :chuckle:

Danoh

He's right. It's not a refugee crisis; it's a Muslim invasion. Muslim is a religion and not a race.

As is your extremist so called "Religious Right Leadership" - and all the way back to men described in the following....

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

The names have changed...that's about it...

ClimateSanity

As is your extremist so called "Religious Right Leadership" - and all the way back to men described in the following....

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

The names have changed...that's about it...

You have no idea what my leadership is much less if I even have one.

northwye

Doing the dialectic type of quarrel is popular on TOL. The dialectic is very briefly found in I Timothy 6: 20-21, and it is seen better in the Greek, because of the word αντιθεσεις, or anti-theseis, in English anti-thesis, a term from the early Greek διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως in I Timothy 6: 20 can be translated as "anti-thesis of knowledge falsely called," or "anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

"Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method), from Ancient Greek διαλεκτική, is a method of argument.....The word dialectic originated in ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues."

"In classical philosophy, dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική) is a form of reasoning based upon dialogue of arguments and counter-arguments, advocating propositions (theses) and counter-propositions (antitheses)."

"Aristotle said that it was the pre-Socratic philosopher Zeno of Elea who invented dialectic, of which the dialogues of Plato are the examples of the Socratic dialectical method."

The Marxist version of the Hegelian dialectic has been developed into a belief and attitude change procedure, which also infiltrated the major institutions,including the churches, in the 20th century.

In Marxism the dialectic is used to overthrow absolute Truth and absolute Morality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesis...sis,_synthesis

"Karl Marx (1818-1883) and Friedrich Engels (1820-1895)....in Marx's The Poverty of Philosophy (1847)......in Chapter 2, Marx is obsessed by the word "thesis". It can be said to form an important part of the basis for the Marxist theory..."

"In the eyes of the dialectical philosophy, nothing is established for
all time, nothing is absolute or sacred." (Karl Marx)

northwye

Doing the dialectic type of quarrel is popular on TOL. The dialectic is very briefly found in I Timothy 6: 20-21, and it is seen better in the Greek, because of the word αντιθεσεις, or anti-theseis, in English anti-thesis, a term from the early Greek διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως in I Timothy 6: 20 can be translated as "anti-thesis of knowledge falsely called," or "anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

"Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method), from Ancient Greek διαλεκτική, is a method of argument.....The word dialectic originated in ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues."

"In classical philosophy, dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική) is a form of reasoning based upon dialogue of arguments and counter-arguments, advocating propositions (theses) and counter-propositions (antitheses)."

"Aristotle said that it was the pre-Socratic philosopher Zeno of Elea who invented dialectic, of which the dialogues of Plato are the examples of the Socratic dialectical method."

The Marxist version of the Hegelian dialectic has been developed into a belief and attitude change procedure, which also infiltrated the major institutions,including the churches, in the 20th century.

In Marxism the dialectic is used to overthrow absolute Truth and absolute Morality.

"Karl Marx (1818-1883) and Friedrich Engels (1820-1895)....in Marx's The Poverty of Philosophy (1847)......in Chapter 2, Marx is obsessed by the word "thesis". It can be said to form an important part of the basis for the Marxist theory..."

Danoh

That again, ay?

Zzzzzzzzzz