Coastal elitism drove populist revolt

ClimateSanity

The following is a summary of the ideas that made Steve bannon what he is today from the book " The revolt of the Elites and the betrayal of democracy" by Christopher Lasch.

" “Today it is the elites…those who control the international flow of money and information, preside over philanthropic foundations and institutions of higher learning, manage the instruments of cultural production and thus set the terms of public debate…that have lost faith in the values…of the West.”
“The new elites are in revolt against ‘Middle America,’ as they imagine it: a nation technologically backward, politically reactionary, repressive in its tastes, smug and complacent, dull and dowdy.”
“Those who covet membership in the new aristocracy of brains tend to congregate on the coasts, turning their back on the heartland and cultivating ties with the international market in fast-moving money, glamour, fashion, and popular culture.”
“The parties no longer represent the opinions and interests of ordinary people. The political process is dominated by rival elites committed to irreconcilable ideologies.”

This perfectly describes the attitudes of those on the left who hold the reins of power. With this kind of attitude, is it any wonder middle America faded away since the 70s?

Danoh

Problem is, the extreme Right's...own extreme as some supposed "better" alternative...

Which is exactly where the typical Trumper is coming from.

Worse - you actually believe a man with Trump's life-long history of political and financial corruption has your own, already distorted version of "best" interests...at heart.

Of course, to point this out to you; only offends you...said taking of personal offence on your part only resulting in your own further blindness to the obvious...by your own hand.

You guys are long over due for one of those interventions those with a family member taken captive by an addictition end up having to force on them :chuckle:

ClimateSanity

Danoh said " Problem is, the extreme Right's...own extreme as some supposed "better" alternative".

I don't believe the article or I made a suggestion for a specific alternative. It has just revealed the source of bannon's thinking and I offered my insights into how article explains much of the slowdown or complete shutdown of the middle 3/5 the of economic America of whom the majority live in-between the coasts.

glorydaz

Problem is, the extreme Right's...own extreme as some supposed "better" alternative...

Which is exactly where the typical Trumper is coming from.

Worse - you actually believe a man with Trump's life-long history of political and financial corruption has your own, already distorted version of "best" interests...at heart.

Of course, to point this out to you; only offends you...said taking of personal offence on your part only resulting in your own further blindness to the obvious...by your own hand.

You guys are long over due for one of those interventions those with a family member taken captive by an addictition end up having to force on them :chuckle:

Shut up, blow hard. Will you never tire of making a fool out of yourself?

glorydaz

Danoh said " Problem is, the extreme Right's...own extreme as some supposed "better" alternative".

I don't believe the article or I made a suggestion for a specific alternative. It has just revealed the source of bannon's thinking and I offered my insights into how article explains much of the slowdown or complete shutdown of the middle 3/5 the of economic America of whom the majority live in-between the coasts.

Don't worry, the libs are incapable of any form of dialogue. They are like the walking dead. Have you seen them on that tv show? You know what I'm talking about?:angrymob:

glorydaz

The following is a summary of the ideas that made Steve bannon what he is today from the book " The revolt of the Elites and the betrayal of democracy" by Christopher Lasch.

" “Today it is the elites…those who control the international flow of money and information, preside over philanthropic foundations and institutions of higher learning, manage the instruments of cultural production and thus set the terms of public debate…that have lost faith in the values…of the West.”
“The new elites are in revolt against ‘Middle America,’ as they imagine it: a nation technologically backward, politically reactionary, repressive in its tastes, smug and complacent, dull and dowdy.”
“Those who covet membership in the new aristocracy of brains tend to congregate on the coasts, turning their back on the heartland and cultivating ties with the international market in fast-moving money, glamour, fashion, and popular culture.”
“The parties no longer represent the opinions and interests of ordinary people. The political process is dominated by rival elites committed to irreconcilable ideologies.”

This perfectly describes the attitudes of those on the left who hold the reins of power. With this kind of attitude, is it any wonder middle America faded away since the 70s?

And the funny part is....they don't know how to actually DO anything. They are like parasites living off those who supply the things the elites consume.

ClimateSanity

And the funny part is....they don't know how to actually DO anything. They are like parasites living off those who supply the things the elites consume.

Those who DO productive work are not allowed to fully enjoy the fruits of their labor. Those shipped in from other countries are allowed to keep even less. In fact, they are put there to fight over the scraps with us. Those working in China and other countries that provide us with dirt cheap goods are subjected to horrific conditions....all to fatten the bank accounts of these parasites running our institutions.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Trump and the Republicans make some big promises and with control of the White House, House and Senate, if they haven't delivered by the 2018 Midterms, their supporters will abandon them and start looking for somebody else.

Day 1 of repealing and replacing "Obamacare" has already shown that the Republicans are a Party in name only, it is doubtful if they will ever have the votes to pass "Trumpcare!"

ClimateSanity

Trump and the Republicans make some big promises and with control of the White House, House and Senate, and if they don't deliver by the 2018 Midterms, their supporters will abandon them and start looking for somebody else.

Day 1 of repealing and replacing "Obamacare" has already shown that the Republicans are a Party in name only, it is doubtful if they will ever have the votes to pass "Trumpcare!"

The Republicans that are stalling the replacement of Obamacare are part of the elite that Lasch refers to. They may differ somewhat with Democrats in public, but when the rubber meets the road, their heart resides with the Democrats.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Republicans that are stalling the replacement of Obamacare are part of the elite that Lasch refers to. They may differ somewhat with Democrats in public, but when the rubber meets the road, their heart resides with the Democrats.
Trump was never been considered to be a true conservative, so the Republicans are willingly to ride on his coattails as long as he serves the purpose by promoting their agenda.

The problem is that Trump has his own personal narcissistic agenda and he can't be controlled - his unforced errors and "self-inflicted wounds" that feed his ego are steadily sucking the political energy out of the Party!

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

Trump was never been considered to be a true conservative, so the Republicans are willingly to ride on his coattails as long as he serves his purpose iby promoting their agenda.

The problem is that Trump has his own personal narcissistic agenda and he can't be controlled - his unforced errors and "self-inflicted wounds" that feed his ego are steadily sucking the political energy out of the Party!

The Republicans better cooperate with Trump or they are dead. His unforced errors are refreshing to me and I suspect many others. He truly is one of us in heart even though he is a billionaire. He knows the inner workings of the establishment because he rubbed elbows with them to get where he is financially. His problem is that he is a political novice and doesn't recognize the tools and tricks of his opponents. He doesn't even realize some of his closest associates are back stabbers....preibus..etc. Even the people who share his goals are timid and unwilling to fight.... sessions etc... He needs to reorganize and clean house or scare the hell out of his weak kneed people. Right now, his major problem is with leakers from the deep state in places like the DOJ and State Department and FBI and CIA. He needs to thoroughly clean house here. You probably won't like this but he needs to take the gloves off and be vicious and yet not come across as just plain mean to the general public. A tall order.

Danoh

Trump was never been considered to be a true conservative, so the Republicans are willingly to ride on his coattails as long as he serves his purpose iby promoting their agenda.

He is an incompetent - a sound business person would be focused on generating those results that can then produce the needed leverage the more difficult issues demand a solid track record behind.

But the fool is ever all about instant gratification and showing what a tough guy he is (typical of the bully).

Thus, the issues he has idiotically attempted to tackle first.

Not to mention; highly insurmountable ones.

His fool ban will be blocked once more.

His fool Wall faces years in private land issues litigation.

And so on.

He should be focused on jobs creation.

The resulting leverage from his succefully pulling that off would then allow a perhaps much more greater base of support needed for the solving for of the other issues.

Not to mention; even most who did not vote for him would support a major focus on jobs creation.

The man is as incompetent in the White House as far as a proper ordering of priorities as he has been in his business life.

There also, his life has been one of very poor prioritizing that his advisors then have had to fight him on, as well as attempt to both excuse in public, while at the same time having to go behind his back to get the right things done.

The results of which he, of course, then takes sole credit for - as he indeed does lives in his own self-delusion.

The President that Populism built.

What a mess...

ClimateSanity

He is an incompetent - a sound business person would be focused on generating those results that can then produce the needed leverage the more difficult issues demand a solid track record behind.

But the fool is ever all about instant gratification and showing what a tough guy he is (typical of the bully).

Thus, the issues he has idiotically attempted to tackle first.

Not to mention; highly insurmountable ones.

His fool ban will be blocked once more.

His fool Wall faces years in private land issues litigation.

And so on.

He should be focused on jobs creation.

The resulting leverage from his succefully pulling that off would then allow a perhaps much more greater base of support needed for the solving for of the other issues.

Not to mention; even most who did not vote for him would support a major focus on jobs creation.

The man is as incompetent in the White House as far as a proper ordering of priorities as he has been in his business life.

There also, his life has been one of very poor prioritizing that his advisors then have had to fight him on, as well as attempt to both excuse in public, while at the same time having to go behind his back to get the right things done.

The results of which he, of course, then takes sole credit for - as he indeed does lives in his own self-delusion.

The President that Populism built.

What a mess...

You have him all wrong....but we shall see. Immigration was a big issue with those who elected him. As for jobs, he has already done plenty of work on that. You don't gain 3 Trillion dollars in the stock market in one month if your jobs plan is lousy or non existent.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Republicans better cooperate with Trump or they are dead. His unforced errors are refreshing to me and I suspect many others. He truly is one of us in heart even though he is a billionaire. He knows the inner workings of the establishment because he rubbed elbows with them to get where he is financially. His problem is that he is a political novice and doesn't recognize the tools and tricks of his opponents. He doesn't even realize some of his closest associates are back stabbers....preibus..etc. Even the people who share his goals are timid and unwilling to fight.... sessions etc... He needs to reorganize and clean house or scare the hell out of his weak kneed people. Right now, his major problem is with leakers from the deep state in places like the DOJ and State Department and FBI and CIA. He needs to thoroughly clean house here. You probably won't like this but he needs to take the gloves off and be vicious and yet not come across as just plain mean to the general public. A tall order.
Picking a fight with America's intelligence community is one that not even "The Donald" is going to win - do you really think they would sit idlely by while he dismantles the FBI, NSA, CIA ...

J. Edgar Hoover retained his position as Director of the FBI for decades, and it wasn't because successive presidents liked or wanted him.

It was widely rumoured that Hoover kept detailed files on their personal lives and even if you had done nothing worthy of being blackmailed, he was bot above inventing it.

I'm sure both America and the Russians already have large, thick dossiers documenting juicy episodes from Trump's personal life and his business dealings - none of which he would prefer to be made public.

The thought of these dossiers mysteriously turning up on the doorsteps of Trump's self-proclaimed "enemies of the people" (CNN, NBCNEWS, the New York Times and the Washington Post) was usually more than enough to intimidate them into having Hoover reappointed.

Last edited:

Danoh

You have him all wrong....but we shall see. Immigration was a big issue with those who elected him. As for jobs, he has already done plenty of work on that. You don't gain 3 Trillion dollars in the stock market in one month if your jobs plan is lousy or non existent.

You really don't haven't a clue what actually often drives said market's short term gains; do you? :chuckle:

Bad enough you continue to put a life-long political and financial fraud on a pedestal - just because YOU want him to be what YOU want him to be.

You're hopeless, bro - the Nixonites all over again - even after his fraud and resulting self-desgrace was proven they were still siding with him - you're hopeless, bro...

ClimateSanity

Picking a fight with America's intelligence community is one that not even "The Donald" isn't going to win - do you really think they are not going to sit idlely by while he dismantles the FBI, NSA, CIA ...

J. Edgar Hoover retained his position as Director of the FBI, not because presidents liked him, it was widely rumoured that he kept files on their personal lives and if you had done nothing worthy of being blackmailed, he would invent it.

I'm sure both America and the Russians already have thick, juicy dossiers on Trump's personal life and his business dealings that he would prefer not to be made public by providing then to those "enemies of the people@ = CNN, NBCNEWS, the New York Times and the Washington Post!

Don't you think everything embarrassing about trump has come out? He embarrasses himself everyday anyway. What can they possibly say about him that will hurt him? Make up stories? They tried that with pee_gate to no avail. Everything that was going to hurt trump has already been played out. His real danger is assassination and I am serious.

Danoh

Don't you think everything embarrassing about trump has come out? He embarrasses himself everyday anyway. What can they possibly say about him that will hurt him? Make up stories? They tried that with pee_gate to no avail. Everything that was going to hurt trump has already been played out. His real danger is assassination and I am serious.

While, Trump-itis or OCTD, does have a built-in paranoia.

Danger of assassination?

Nah; he is doing a fine job of bringing himself down all by himself.

You're just experiencing the symptoms of Trump Support Syndrome.

ClimateSanity

While, Trump-itis or OCTD, does have a built-in paranoia.

Danger of assassination?

Nah; he is doing a fine job of bringing himself down all by himself.

You're just experiencing the symptoms of Trump Support Syndrome.

I'm talking JFK style. Not paranoia... explicit threats have been made. He is a real threat to the forerunners of the anti Christ system.

pondsbb

You poor fool; you're so blinded by your double-standard, I doubt you can even see you have just described Donald Trump exactly.

:chuckle:
I laughed when I read a comment on another forum. It said..

Democrats are such little sh_ts.
So we elected a little sh_t of our own, and he is better at it than they are.

So I'm not sure Trump supporters don't see the double standard there. They just decided to fight with whatever means made available to them.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk