Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

genuineoriginal

Here's something it says that applies to all those who refuse to see.

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.​
Obviously referring to God's word in this verse:

Deuteronomy 31:17
17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?​

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, they were clearly trying to stone Him for claiming to be the Son of God.

It was the Pharisees that Jesus condemned often that made the mistake.
Have you been partaking of the leaven of the Pharisees?
I'm not sure if you read the Passage (which I quoted) clearly, so allow me to post it again:

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”[/JESUS]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” - John 10:31-33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:31-33&version=NKJV

Did you catch that?

The Jews were not accusing Him of claiming to be the Son of God. THEY WERE ACCUSING HIM OF CLAIMING TO BE GOD HIMSELF!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Isn't it amazing that Jesus specifically avoided stating "I am God" and made sure that everyone heard that His claim is "I am the Son of God"?
Why do you suppose that is, GO? Is it because He is not God?

OOOOOOORRRRRRR

Could it be that Jesus didn't want to be killed before His hour had come?

genuineoriginal

God says "do not worship anyone/thing besides ME"

Jesus accepts worship.

No other Godly creature accepted worship.

Either Jesus is God, and worthy of worship

OR

Jesus is NOT God, and should not be trusted, because He accepted worship that belonged to God.
Or Jesus was made the King by God and accepted the honor due to a King that God appointed.
Modern Christians have no understanding of "worship" as spoken of in the Bible.
They only know what mainstream Christianity has redefined "worship" to mean.

glorydaz

Or Jesus was made the King by God and accepted the honor due to a King that God appointed.

You deny your only Saviour. That is sad, GO.

Stop beating around the bush.
Just come right out and say Jesus is NOT the Creator.
Jesus is NOT the King of King and Lord of Lords, Jesus is NOT God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Did you forget this verse?

And Jesus answered and said to him, [JESUS]“Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”[/JESUS] - Luke 4:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke4:8&version=NKJV

So, THIS:

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ” - Luke 4:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke4:8&version=NKJV

And THESE:

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. - Matthew 2:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew2:11&version=NKJV

Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the L ord!’ Hosanna in the highest!” - Matthew 21:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew21:9&version=NKJV

took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the L ord!’ The King of Israel!” - John 12:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John12:13&version=NKJV

Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” - Matthew 14:33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew14:33&version=NKJV

And the rest of the verses given HERE

Have absolutely nothing to do with each other...?

glorydaz

Obviously referring to God's word in this verse:

Deuteronomy 31:17
17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?​

The Word became flesh and that seems to be hidden from you.

genuineoriginal

Whether you speak the words audibly or not, it is still in your heart that Jesus is not GOD.
So, audibly or not, GOD will see what is in your heart.
Good, then He will know that I am relying on His word for the truth, not on non-Biblical teachings of men.

The main thing debated in the First Council of Nicaea in 325 CE was whether Monotheism or Binitarianism would be established as the principle Christian theology.
Binitarianism won and Monotheism was condemned based only on disputing the meanings of the Greek words used in the Bible, not on the clear teachings of the Bible.

2 Timothy 2:14
14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.​

These striving about words were of no profit and subverted the hearers in contradiction to the instructions of Paul.

Not to mention what is typed out on these pages.
You mean all the objections to the non-Biblical teachings of the Trinity doctrine?

During the First Council of Constantinople in 381 CE, Binitarianism was overthrown with the new teaching of Trinitarianism on the basis of a handful of verses.

genuineoriginal

You notice how all those who don't see Jesus is God are also blind to the Gospel of Grace? :think:
Imagine that.
People that rely only on the clear teachings of scripture reject two of the major doctrines of men found in mainstream Christianity.

[SARCASM]What could possibly be the reason for that?[/SARCASM]

genuineoriginal

Rejected != Refuted
There is no need to refute what has been rejected after being examined and found lacking.

Asserting it over and over and over and... again does not make it true
Correct. Asserting the Trinity doctrine over and over and over again does not make it true.
Since it is not clearly taught by the Bible, there is no justification for demanding that Christians believe it.
It is an optional doctrine that came into the church through some other means than the scriptures.

glorydaz

Imagine that.
People that rely only on the clear teachings of scripture reject two of the major doctrines of men found in mainstream Christianity.

[SARCASM]What could possibly be the reason for that?[/SARCASM]

So the Gospel of Grace isn't clear to you?

Just as I said. I think there is a connection.

Those who reject the Deity of Jesus Christ are blind to the Gospel of Salvation.

glorydaz

There is no need to refute what has been rejected after being examined and found lacking.

Correct. Asserting the Trinity doctrine over and over and over again does not make it true.
Since it is not clearly taught by the Bible, there is no justification for demanding that Christians believe it.
It is an optional doctrine that came into the church through some other means than the scriptures.

It isn't clear to those who are blinded....the veil remains. :sigh:

glorydaz

Good, then He will know that I am relying on His word for the truth, not on non-Biblical teachings of men.

The main thing debated in the First Council of Nicaea in 325 CE was whether Monotheism or Binitarianism would be established as the principle Christian theology.
Binitarianism won and Monotheism was condemned based only on disputing the meanings of the Greek words used in the Bible, not on the clear teachings of the Bible.

2 Timothy 2:14
14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.​

These striving about words were of no profit and subverted the hearers in contradiction to the instructions of Paul.

You mean all the objections to the non-Biblical teachings of the Trinity doctrine?

During the First Council of Constantinople in 381 CE, Binitarianism was overthrown with the new teaching of Trinitarianism on the basis of a handful of verses.

For someone who claims to reject the "teachings of men" you sure do have them drilled into your mind. It's hard to get them out, and then they get all jumbled up with the Bible. You should have never looked to begin with. Start in the Bible and end in the Bible...then maybe you won't be so confused.

genuineoriginal

He is the image of the invisible God
As it is written: God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him.
That doesn't mean Adam was God.

the firstborn
Jesus is the firstborn.

over all creation
As it is written: God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name
"over" is referring to the place Jesus was given over all creation.

For by Him all things were created
"Him" is referring to "the invisible God" mentioned earlier.

that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
The obvious way to see this is "created through Him" is referring to "the invisible God" mentioned earlier and "and for Him" is referring to Jesus.

And He is before all things
"Before", also translated as above, is not referring to time, it is referring to place, just like "over" mentioned earlier.
"He" is referring to Jesus.
Jesus' place is above all things.

, and in Him all things consist.
Consist is a poor translation of the word συνίστημι synistēmi, which refers to multiple things set in the same place.
"Him" is referring to "the invisible God" mentioned earlier who set all things in place.

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
"He" is clearly speaking of Jesus, now.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

I'm not sure if you read the Passage (which I quoted) clearly, so allow me to post it again:

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”[/JESUS]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” - John 10:31-33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:31-33&version=NKJV

Did you catch that?

The Jews were not accusing Him of claiming to be the Son of God. THEY WERE ACCUSING HIM OF CLAIMING TO BE GOD HIMSELF!

Maybe you missed it?
It was the Pharisees that Jesus condemned often that made the mistake.

The Pharisees were mistaken in thinking Jesus ever claimed to be God.
Jesus corrected them by clearly and precisely stating that His claim was that He is the "Son of God".

Why are you taking the words of the Pharisees over the words of Jesus?