Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

KingdomRose

The Governing Body teaches that Jesus is the mediator between God and all mankind. If you want to get technical and split hairs, then yes Jesus is first the mediator between God and the anointed disciples of Christ. But it is taught that BY EXTENSION, the mediatorship of Christ extends to all mankind. You do a disservice by trying to tear down the Governing Body instead of building up people so that they will be receptive to the Good News.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Instead of calling people names,

Then it's a good thing that wasn't addressed to you.

Good, because I didn't threaten you, nor did I call you a name. I simply stated facts about what you believe and stated what you are.

----

why don't you explain just where in the Bible it says that we have to accept the trinity of Gods?

How about you stop misrepresenting the Trinity, which states:

There is ONE GOD.

Not multiple

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by JudgeRightly
Then it's a good thing that wasn't addressed to you.

Good, because I didn't threaten you, nor did I call you a name. I simply stated facts about what you believe and stated what you are.

You have been calling me names. And I am Jesus' follower and servant. You are not the judge of any of His servants.

So your judgement is meaningless, so immature.

popsthebuilder

The Governing Body teaches that Jesus is the mediator between God and all mankind. If you want to get technical and split hairs, then yes Jesus is first the mediator between God and the anointed disciples of Christ. But it is taught that BY EXTENSION, the mediatorship of Christ extends to all mankind. You do a disservice by trying to tear down the Governing Body instead of building up people so that they will be receptive to the Good News.
You are jw?

What you expounded on above is my own sentiment based on scripture.

That is interesting as I have never read any jw writings.

Please forgive my ignorance; thank you in advance.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KingdomRose

Can you follow this reasoning from Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2, pp.362,363?

"While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant [which he inaugurated with his anointed Apostles at the Last Supper], he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed. Those in the new covenant [the anointed] are first blessed by Christ, the primary Seed (Galatians 3:16,29), being brought in as associate members of the seed. Being made kings and priests by reason of the new covenant that he mediated, they will share in administering the blessings of Jesus' sacrifice and of his Kingdom rule to all the nations of the earth. Christ's mediatorship, having accomplished its purpose by bringing 'the Israel of God' into this position, thus results in benefits and blessings to all mankind. (Galatians 6:16; Genesis 22:17,18)

So even though the mediatorship technically involves basically the 144,000, they then join with Jesus in dispensing blessings to everybody else.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The last time I checked, "trinity" means THREE.
See this post:
If you reviewed the debate in question, you would know that the doctrine of the Trinity makes no such claim. Therein you will find:

...confusion lies in confusing ontology and distinctions with respect to the Godhead. Ontologically, there is no difference between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three, separate, divine essences (or beings). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-participants of the one divine essence. When speaking of the Godhead in formal theological terms, we would properly say that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three personal subsistences of the one, divine, essence.

The essence of something is that something’s being. In the Greek, the word is ousia. The word essence has its root in the Latin, to be. When speaking of God, the question arises as to how God’s essence makes its existence known, for God is more than having being or existence. Indeed, God is being , for He declared this to be so to Moses in Exodus 3:14-15:

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM .” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

In the passage above (see also John 5:26; Acts 17:24-25) God declares His self-existence (aseity), importing a boundless, ineffable, absolute, and transcendent being.

If we study in Scripture aspects of the composition of God’s essence, that is, His nature, several important attributes of God’s nature emerge:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1532973#post1532973

How does essence make its existence known? ...We look to Scripture to learn how the essence of God exercises existence, that is, how the essence of God subsists. When something really exists we say this something possesses subsistence. And when we speak of the characteristics of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we are speaking about the individuated subsistences of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These subsistences do not divide the essence of God. God’s essence is common to the three subsistences, each possessing the essence as one undivided nature—‘as all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Christ’, so in the Holy Spirit; and of the Father.

I do not think you understand "it" at all.

AMR

KingdomRose

I don't put any stock in what "Mr. Religion" says. He apparently hasn't spoken with very many Trinitarians. I have, and all of them that I have had conversations with will say this:

The Father is God (that's 1 God)

The Son is God (that's 1 God)

The Holy Spirit is God (that's 1 God)

If you add them up, that's THREE GODS. Sorry, you can't get around that. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Reactions: NWL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have been calling me names.

I'm calling you what you are, Meshak.

You. Are. A. Hypocrite.

Calling a hypocrite a hypocrite is not wrong.

And I am Jesus' follower and servant. You are not the judge of any of His servants.

[JESUS]Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.[/JESUS] - Luke 17:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke17:3&version=NKJV

So here I am, Meshak. Rebuking you for being a hypocrite.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Can you follow this reasoning from Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2, pp.362,363?

"While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant [which he inaugurated with his anointed Apostles at the Last Supper], he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed. Those in the new covenant [the anointed] are first blessed by Christ, the primary Seed (Galatians 3:16,29), being brought in as associate members of the seed. Being made kings and priests by reason of the new covenant that he mediated, they will share in administering the blessings of Jesus' sacrifice and of his Kingdom rule to all the nations of the earth. Christ's mediatorship, having accomplished its purpose by bringing 'the Israel of God' into this position, thus results in benefits and blessings to all mankind. (Galatians 6:16; Genesis 22:17,18)

So even though the mediatorship technically involves basically the 144,000, they then join with Jesus in dispensing blessings to everybody else.

That's where I disagree with JW; about governing body's role.

Jesus says clearly that He is the Teacher and God listen to our prayer if we pray in His name. We don't need anyone else for petition. If we don't have personal relationship with God and Jesus, our faith is meaningless.

God will grant our request if we ask in Jesus' name.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't put any stock in what "Mr. Religion" says. He apparently hasn't spoken with very many Trinitarians. I have, and all of them that I have had conversations with will say this:

If you add them up, that's THREE GODS. Sorry, you can't get around that. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Then let me simplify what he said for you (so don't get mad at me if it doesn't make sense).

1*1*1=1

God is one Being, who is three Persons.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Yes, that is simple fact and logic.

KingdomRose

I'm calling you what you are, Meshak.

You. Are. A. Hypocrite.

Calling a hypocrite a hypocrite is not wrong.

[JESUS]Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.[/JESUS] - Luke 17:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke17:3&version=NKJV

So here I am, Meshak. Rebuking you for being a hypocrite.

Would you care to explain just why you think she is a hypocrite? All you have done is be offensive to someone. You haven't tried to reason with her as to why she should believe differently. Jesus would call someone a hypocrite, but he would explain why.

KingdomRose

That's where I disagree with JW; about governing body's role.

Jesus says clearly that He is the Teacher and God listen to our prayer if we pray in His name. We don't need anyone else for petition. If we don't have personal relationship with God and Jesus, our faith is meaningless.

God will grant our request if we ask in Jesus' name.

That is true. I didn't say that we have to pray to the Governing Body, did I?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Would you care to explain just why you think she is a hypocrite? All you have done is be offensive to someone. You haven't tried to reason with her as to why she should believe differently. Jesus would call someone a hypocrite, but he would explain why.
Let's start by pointing out the fact that Meshak is judging me for judging her.

That's the very definition of a hypocrite.

I, on the other hand, don't think it's wrong for anyone to judge, so when I judge Meshak for being a hypocrite, I'm not being one myself.

Here's an example, which was directed at me, just a few posts above.
You have been calling me names. And I am Jesus' follower and servant. You are not the judge of any of His servants.