Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

We are of one heart and one mind when we are born of God. And we are at one with the father and Christ when we walk with them in the Spirit.

Jesus and the father are one, and we are one with them once we belong to God. We are one as they are one.

And those that belong to God are all one in the love of God through Christ.

Jesus' blood washes away the sins of the world; our blood does not.

genuineoriginal

It makes you an idiot, because the Bible is more than one verse, and your misunderstanding of that verse will be your ticket to hell.
You just told a lie when you said that believing what the Bible actually states clearly about the relationship between God and Jesus "will be your ticket to hell."
Your salvation does not depend on whether you believe in the Trinity (a concept never stated clearly in the Bible) or whether you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and not God Himself (as is stated clearly in the Bible).
And what brings us to hell is not living by God's will, and living by the lusts of the flesh. Jesus said, those who enter into the kingdom of heaven, are those who do the will of father.
Yes, your salvation does depend on those things: living by God's will.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

So Jesus IS A GOD!!!! Just Jesus is not the GOD THE FATHER!!!! all righty then.
You seem to think there is a problem with believing what is written.

John 10:34-38
34 Jesus answered them, [JESUS]Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?[/JESUS]
35 [JESUS]If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;[/JESUS]
36 [JESUS]Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?[/JESUS]​

genuineoriginal

is Jesus a created being?
Asking if Jesus is a created being will only lead to doctrines of men.

Ask instead whether Jesus was begotten by God.

Psalm 2:7
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.​

Ask instead whether you have to believe on the Son of God to be saved.

John 3:36
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.​

Ask instead whether you can overcome the world if you are confused about whether Jesus is God Himself or if Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 5:5
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?​

genuineoriginal

They worshiped Jesus.
Whether people worshiped Jesus is not the issue.

The issue is whether worshiping Jesus is required in order to be a Christian.

John 4:24-25
23 [JESUS]But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.[/JESUS]
24 [JESUS]God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.[/JESUS]​

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

From everything I have read in the Bible, we are to worship the Father and believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

genuineoriginal

You just keep 'splaining, don't you? 'splain this.... " Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
Jesus prayed that all the believers will be in the Father and one with the Father and Jesus in the same manner that Jesus is in the Father, the Father is in Jesus, and Jesus is one with the Father.

John 17:19-21
19 [JESUS]And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.[/JESUS]
20 [JESUS]Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;[/JESUS]
21 [JESUS]That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.[/JESUS]​

If you claiming that all of us believers are also God Himself, that would be blasphemy.

genuineoriginal

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 16:27 I came out from God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven,​

The Word was with God and was God....He came out from God...down from heaven...and became flesh to dwell among us. It's all there. How can you not see it?
You make a compelling argument that the entire Trinity doctrine is based only on a single word from a single verse in the Bible.

genuineoriginal

You may not have another day. If you die tonight, you're lost. Deny that at your own peril.
You are out of line.
God did not give you the authority to make that judgement and Paul rebuked people doing the same thing you are doing.

Romans 14:4-13
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.​

God's Truth

Whether people worshiped Jesus is not the issue.

The issue is whether worshiping Jesus is required in order to be a Christian.

John 4:24-25
23 [JESUS]But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.[/JESUS]
24 [JESUS]God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.[/JESUS]​

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

From everything I have read in the Bible, we are to worship the Father and believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

If Jesus is being worshiped and the people were not stopped for it, it proves that Jesus is God, because ONLY God is to be worshiped, it is what the Bible says.

drbrumley

You seem to think there is a problem with believing what is written.

John 10:34-38
34 Jesus answered them, [JESUS]Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?[/JESUS]
35 [JESUS]If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;[/JESUS]
36 [JESUS]Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?[/JESUS]​

:rotfl: Oh contraire my friend. Are you suggesting we are really literally gods? I know what Jesus said. More importantly, I know what He means by it.

genuineoriginal

If Jesus is being worshiped and the people were not stopped for it, it proves that Jesus is God
It doesn't prove that Jesus is God, it only shows that Jesus was worshiped.

, because ONLY God is to be worshiped, it is what the Bible says.
Nothing in the Bible shows that Jesus is worshiped AS God.

You do know that many men were worshiped in the Bible and that doesn't prove that any of them were God, right?

Nobody stopped David from worshiping Saul, but that does not prove that Saul is God.

1 Samuel 24:8
8 David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and cried after Saul, saying, My lord the king. And when Saul looked behind him, David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed himself.​

genuineoriginal

:rotfl: Oh contraire my friend. Are you suggesting we are really literally gods?
I am not suggesting that we are gods, but I am pointing out that Jesus already addressed the argument about whether being called god is the same as being God Himself.

I know what Jesus said. More importantly, I know what He means by it.
I know what Jesus said and what the passage means as well.