Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

It doesn't prove that Jesus is God, it only shows that Jesus was worshiped.
It does prove that Jesus is God because Jesus did not tell people to stop worshiping him. We are told to worship GOD only.

Nothing in the Bible shows that Jesus is worshiped AS God.

Of course he was.

People threw themselves at his feet.

The angel said only do that to God.

You do know that many men were worshiped in the Bible and that doesn't prove that any of them were God, right?

We are speaking about the New Covenant.

Revelation 22:8-9 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

Acts 10:25-26 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

glorydaz

You just told a lie when you said that believing what the Bible actually states clearly about the relationship between God and Jesus "will be your ticket to hell."
Your salvation does not depend on whether you believe in the Trinity (a concept never stated clearly in the Bible) or whether you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and not God Himself (as is stated clearly in the Bible).

Yes, your salvation does depend on those things: living by God's will.

It's a good thing you aren't the decider in these issues of basic doctrine....especially what the Bible says about the ONE God being Triune. I'm just sorry you can't see what is clearly shown throughout the Bible.

You are stuck with the notion that Jesus is a lesser God or no God at all.

glorydaz

You seem to think there is a problem with believing what is written.

John 10:34-38
34 Jesus answered them, [JESUS]Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?[/JESUS]
35 [JESUS]If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;[/JESUS]
36 [JESUS]Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?[/JESUS]​

And, of course, He is quoting scripture that was speaking of the Judges of Israel who only spoke for God.

glorydaz

Ask instead whether you can overcome the world if you are confused about whether Jesus is God Himself or if Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 5:5
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?​

If you want to quote a verse, you should have a better understanding of it before you use it as an example. Jesus overcame the world.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Lest you forget what He accomplished on the cross.

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

It's our faith in the ONE who overcame that makes us overcomers. Never forget that.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?​

And, of course, you stop just short of the three that bear record....the three who are ONE.

John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Picking and choosing is not a good method for getting to the whole Truth.

glorydaz

It doesn't prove that Jesus is God, it only shows that Jesus was worshiped.

You do know that many men were worshiped in the Bible and that doesn't prove that any of them were God, right?

Nobody stopped David from worshiping Saul, but that does not prove that Saul is God.

1 Samuel 24:8
8 David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and cried after Saul, saying, My lord the king. And when Saul looked behind him, David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed himself.​

Bowing down is not the same as worshipping. :rolleyes:

So what do you do with this text, and the interchangeability of Lord and God?

Romans 14:6-12 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Philippians 2:10-11
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.​

Would Jesus have allowed Himself to be worshipped?

Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.​

genuineoriginal

It's a good thing you aren't the decider in these issues of basic doctrine....especially what the Bible says about the ONE God being Triune.
Unfortunately for you, the Bible does not claim that God is Triune, and this is a fact that has been acknowledged by experts from all the major Christian denominations that teach the Trinity doctrine.
I'm just sorry you can't see what is clearly shown throughout the Bible.
The Trinity doctrine is not clearly shown anywhere in the Bible.
You are stuck with the notion that Jesus is a lesser God or no God at all.
I am actually stuck with what the Bible states about Jesus and not what men wish the Bible states.
If you have a problem with what the Bible states, then that is your problem and not mine.

genuineoriginal

Bowing down is not the same as worshipping. :rolleyes:
You are showing your lack of learning.
When the Bible was written, bowing down was the same as worshiping and used the same word in Hebrew (H7812 שָׁחָה shachah).
Our definitions have changed away from the meanings used by the writers of the Bible.

glorydaz

You are showing your lack of learning.
When the Bible was written, bowing down was the same as worshiping and used the same word in Hebrew (H7812 שָׁחָה shachah).
Our definitions have changed away from the meanings used by the writers of the Bible.

Nonsense. Reading a verse in context makes it clear whether a person is bowing to a King or worshipping them as God.

genuineoriginal

Nope....it's taking all the verses together, and leaving none of them out.
Out of 23,145 verses in the New Testament, the Trinity Doctrine is based on 45 or less verses and ignores what is said in thousands of verses.
That is picking and choosing verses to support an idea that is not taught by the Bible.

Apple7

Unfortunately for you, the Bible does not claim that God is Triune, and this is a fact that has been acknowledged by experts from all the major Christian denominations that teach the Trinity doctrine.

The Trinity doctrine is not clearly shown anywhere in the Bible.

I am actually stuck with what the Bible states about Jesus and not what men wish the Bible states.
If you have a problem with what the Bible states, then that is your problem and not mine.

Moses was Trinitarian.

glorydaz

Very good.
But the Bible shows that Jesus was worshiped as a King.

He wasn't being worshipped as KING here.

John 9:33-39 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing. They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him. And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

There are things that JWs have wrong. As for Christians

the subject of worship of Christ is important for JWs and Christians alike

you are saying that JWs are not Christian

I believe that you are a Trinitarian Christian. I am not.

I do not know how to help you.

I can agree with you that JWs are not Christian. I know that there are Christians and JWs who do not agree.

I am a Torah Observant Jew who believes in the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

I am interested to know better what worship of Christ means to and or for me. I believe that a study of the Scriptures, the Bible, will help me to better know what this means for me.

I am an Ex-Christian and I have nothing against believing or believing and obedient Christians.

I am an Ex-Dispensationalist. I believe that Yeshua is the King of Israel.

God's Truth

What part is nope? God is Spirit? There is only one Spirit? Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God?

You don't believe all that?

God is Spirit: John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

There is only one Spirit: Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit,

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God: 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit,