Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

glorydaz

How does that make Jesus God?

The following verses show us that Jesus is not God but shows us that the father of the only true God. In Jesus's own words.

John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU HAST SENT. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Too bad you ignore the verses that tell us how that all came about. He was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. God is the ONLY Saviour, He became flesh and died on the Cross to save men from their sins. He came out from God, down from heaven, and dwelt among us.

It's all there, but you prefer to deny all that, so you can preach your heresy. :down:

Apple7

How does that make Jesus God?

Only Yahweh gives access to Yahweh.

The following verses show us that Jesus is not God but shows us that the father of the only true God. In Jesus's own words.

John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU HAST SENT. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Regarding John 17 there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ.

This can be deduced from a study of the article with multiple substantives connected via kai.

αυτη δε εστιν η αιωνιος ζωη ινα γινωσκωσιν σε τον μονον αληθινον θεον και ον απεστειλας ιησουν χριστον

hautē de estin hē aiōnios zōē hina ginōskōsin se ton monon alēthinon theon kai hon apesteilas Iēsoun christon

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. (John 17.3)

marhig

Too bad you ignore the verses that tell us how that all came about. He was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. God is the ONLY Saviour, He became flesh and died on the Cross to save men from their sins. He came out from God, down from heaven, and dwelt among us.

It's all there, but you prefer to deny all that, so you can preach your heresy. :down:

Jesus was the word of God, because he only spoke what God gave him to speak. He said his words we're not his own, but his father's which is in heaven, and it was he who sent him. So yes the word was God. Because God gave Christ Jesus every word to speak and Jesus spoke it. Doing the father's will and denying his own will to bare witness to the truth.

And I believe Jesus when he says that the father is the only true God. And that God sent him. They are his own words and I believe that they are the truth.

marhig

Only Yahweh gives access to Yahweh.

Regarding John 17 there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ.

This can be deduced from a study of the article with multiple substantives connected via kai.

αυτη δε εστιν η αιωνιος ζωη ινα γινωσκωσιν σε τον μονον αληθινον θεον και ον απεστειλας ιησουν χριστον

hautē de estin hē aiōnios zōē hina ginōskōsin se ton monon alēthinon theon kai hon apesteilas Iēsoun christon

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. (John 17.3)
The verse is self explanatory, and Jesus only ever spoke the truth, so the father is the only true God and he sent Jesus, just as Jesus himself says.

marhig

Is God triune? And is Jesus a created being?
God is not triune, the father is God, and he is the God of Jesus, as said by Jesus himself.

As for Jesus being created, that doesn't concern me as it's nothing to do with me, that's in God's hands. I'm to believe the gospel and live by the will of God and bring the love of God and the life of Christ to others with the hope that Christ can save as many who believe in him and believe in the word of God which was brought first my him in the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation. Which God who was in Christ was reconciling the world into himself by.

drbrumley

God is not triune, the father is God, and he is the God of Jesus, as said by Jesus himself.

As for Jesus being created, that doesn't concern me as it's nothing to do with me, that's in God's hands. I'm to believe the gospel and live by the will of God and bring the love of God and the life of Christ to others with the hope that Christ can save as many who believe in him and believe in the word of God which was brought first my him in the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation. Which God who was in Christ was reconciling the world into himself by.

Well, it does concern you. And here is why......If Jesus wasn't created and not God, then you're a polytheist. And a heretic of the first order.

And if you don't know what a polytheist is, I would suggest you look it up.

glorydaz

Jesus was the word of God, because he only spoke what God gave him to speak.

Wrong. :readthis:

Pay close attention. Read what you wrote, and then read what the Bible says. IT SAYS: "His NAME is called the Word of God."

Rev.19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Are you blind? "The Word was God"...."The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

This is why I can never make it past your first sentence. You make stuff up that is total baloney. Read the Bible, for crying out loud. Pay attention and learn something for a change. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD. :duh:

marhig

That is not the implication of the passage (John 1:1)
Jesus only spoke what the father gave him so speak, thus he only spoke the word of God.

John 12

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

John 3

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life

John 7

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself

John 14

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 17

Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

and ask John 4 shows that Jesus is sent by God and he also says this

John 4

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

marhig

Well, it does concern you. And here is why......If Jesus wasn't created and not God, then you're a polytheist. And a heretic of the first order.

And if you don't know what a polytheist is, I would suggest you look it up.
I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him.

And I believe that Jesus is speaking the truth. If that makes me a heretic in your eyes, then so be it!

marhig

Wrong. :readthis:

Pay close attention. Read what you wrote, and then read what the Bible says. IT SAYS: "His NAME is called the Word of God."

Rev.19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Are you blind? "The Word was God"...."The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

This is why I can never make it past your first sentence. You make stuff up that is total baloney. Read the Bible, for crying out loud. Pay attention and learn something for a change. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD. :duh:
As I said, he only ever spoke what the father gave him to speak. His words we're not his own. I don't care what you think of me, I only care what God thinks of me. Say what you want, God is our judge, the only way we judge is by his word and then he will judge all of us on what we've heard and how we live when we hear the truth.

marhig

It makes you an idiot, because the Bible is more than one verse, and your misunderstanding of that verse will be your ticket to hell.
And that verse is very clear. And so are all the many verses saying that God is the God of Jesus, even Jesus saying so himself and his apostles say this also.

And what brings us to hell is not living by God's will, and living by the lusts of the flesh. Jesus said, those who enter into the kingdom of heaven, are those who do the will of father.

marhig

So Jesus IS A GOD!!!! Just Jesus is not the GOD THE FATHER!!!! all righty then.
No because the father is the God of Jesus also. There is only one true God, and he's the father as Jesus himself clearly says.

You know what, I get slated in here because I don't believe in many of the doctrines brought in by some of you're denominations here. But you don't believe the words of Jesus himself! Which he speaks loud and clear. That the father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

drbrumley

No because the father is the God of Jesus also. There is only one true God, and he's the father as Jesus himself clearly says.

Um, you can't have it both ways.....is Jesus a created being? You answered "I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him." And when pressed further, you say basically so what if you're considered an heretic! I am only to conclude Jesus wasn't created. So I ask again Marhig, "Was Jesus a created being"?

You know what, I get slated in here because I don't believe in many of the doctrines brought in by some of you're denominations here. But you don't believe the words of Jesus himself! Which he speaks loud and clear. That the father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.
You get slated because your dead wrong. And BTW, I am non-denominational.

God's Truth

According to Acts 11:21, they were called Christians because they believed and turned unto the Lord.

Acts 11:21
21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.​

Nothing in the passage states that they were called Christians because they "worshiped" Jesus.

They worshiped Jesus.

Matthew 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matthew 2:8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

Matthew 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matthew 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Hebrews 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.