Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

6days

jaybird said:
i believe the Most High has no limitations, (including being able to sin) i didnt know that was a heresy.
Sure it's heresy... you preach a false Gospel. Even the JW paraphrase tells you "it is impossible for God to lie". Heb. 6:18

jaybird said:
so other than the Most High not being able to create a son
Of course God COULD have created a son. However the Son... the Word was not created.

jaybird said:
what else can the Most High not do? do you not have an answer?
God's Word has an answer... there are several things God can NOT do. His Word tells us He can not change... He can not break a promise... He can not sin... etc. Multiple texts tell us what God can't do. If you can't find them by Googling, I will help you.

jaybird said:
i
and what about the name of Jesus, what name did He go by before?
Scripture tells us He was given the name of Jesus when He was born. We don't know what, or if He had a name in eternity past; Scripture does not say... perhaps it was JHWH.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Give a scripture then where an apostle is called 'Rabbi'.

Show that scripture now or repent.

Do you accept or recognize this?

Hebrews 3:1 KJV - Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

How about this?

John 1:49 KJV - Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Or this?

I can't find the verse.

Further,

Mark 6:3 KJV - Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Do not tell a man to repent if you are a woman or you are a woman who cannot reveal her gender.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't lose sight of the fact that Jesus says not to call anyone 'Rabbi'. He is the only 'Rabbi'.

Jesus gives understanding to those who obey.

Work on obeying and you will be given understanding.

I already obey. In the New Testament there are 1050 commands. In the Torah 613 commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Get back to the scriptures about calling no one 'Rabbi'.

Here are the verses with the word Rabbi in them.

Matthew 23:7 KJV - And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Matthew 23:8 KJV - But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.
John 1:38 KJV - Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?
John 1:49 KJV - Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
John 3:2 KJV - The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
John 3:26 KJV - And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all [men] come to him.
John 6:25 KJV - And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No one here knows what gender I am.

You need to move on about it.

if you are concealing it that is different than my or me saying I am Jacob and I am a man, male

if you just didn't reveal it maybe you didn't have to

if someone asks then do you have the ability option or ability to answer? that may be a question for you to sort out or not as you must or as you desire or not

God's Truth

Here are the verses with the word Rabbi in them.

Matthew 23:7 KJV - And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Matthew 23:8 KJV - But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.
John 1:38 KJV - Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?
John 3:2 KJV - The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
John 3:26 KJV - And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all [men] come to him.
John 6:25 KJV - And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

Jacob, I have already told you that only Jesus is to be called 'Rabbi'; so don't give scripture where Jesus is called 'Rabbi'. You are supposed to find scripture where the apostles are called 'Rabbi'.

Now you know you did not find those scriptures.

So that makes two things that are proven that I have told you.

Now are you ready to obey Jesus and call no man 'Rabbi'?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, I have already told you that only Jesus is to be called 'Rabbi'; so don't give scripture where Jesus is called 'Rabbi'. You are supposed to find scripture where the apostles are called 'Rabbi'.

Now you know you did not find those scriptures.

So that makes two things that are proven that I have told you.

Now are you ready to obey Jesus and call no man 'Rabbi'?

you are crazy
i answered you in a previous post
so I take that back if you didn't see it

God's Truth

you are crazy
i answered you in a previous post
so I take that back if you didn't see it

If you think I am crazy then it is for your sake that I am.

Now you did not give scripture where the APOSTLES were called 'Rabbi'.

Give the scripture or admit that they obeyed Jesus and did not allow themselves to be called 'Rabbi'.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are not obeying Jesus if you call another person 'Rabbi'.

It is simple.

Are you going to obey?

I used to say something like that but God and God's word the Bible corrected me about that wrong belief. I did not have to call my Rabbi Rabbi or to call Rabbi Rabbi or to call Rabbi my Rabbi, but I did. It was my choice. Otherwise try sorting out the Roberts and Bobs. Rabbi means teacher, and that my Rabbi is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you think I am crazy then it is for your sake that I am.

Now you did not give scripture where the APOSTLES were called 'Rabbi'.

Give the scripture or admit that they obeyed Jesus and did not allow themselves to be called 'Rabbi'.

I don't know that anyone even tried to call any of the twelve or the eleven Rabbi. Who were the twelve? I don't know. But someone not doing something related to something you are supposed to do is not necessarily obedience. However, we have not proven that they were instructed to not let anyone call them Rabbi.

glorydaz

Jacob,

Don't believe her only believe Jesus:

Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

God's UNtruth sees sin everywhere. It certainly isn't in the text, and she totally misses the point Jesus was making.

Jesus is speaking to those hypocrites whose only desire was to be seen by men. As our Lord makes quite clear to anyone with a lick of sense. Rabbi means Master or teacher.

Matt. 23:5-7 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

We know this isn't a sin because Jesus, Himself, addresses Nicodemus this way, and it's nowhere written in the Torah that it is unlawful to do so.

John 3:9-10KJV Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?​

glorydaz

I don't know that anyone even tried to call any of the twelve or the eleven Rabbi. Who were the twelve? I don't know. But someone not doing something related to something you are supposed to do is not necessarily obedience. However, we have not proven that they were instructed to not let anyone call them Rabbi.

Right you are. Because it wasn't the disciples who were playing the hypocrites like the pharisees were. Jesus was speaking directly to the Pharisees.

God's Truth

I used to say something like that but God and God's word the Bible corrected me about that wrong belief. I did not have to call my Rabbi Rabbi or to call Rabbi Rabbi or to call Rabbi my Rabbi, but I did. It was my choice. Otherwise try sorting out the Roberts and Bobs. Rabbi means teacher, and that my Rabbi is.

Jesus. says. not. to. do. that.