Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught to worship the Father, Jesus prayed to the Father, JWs follow the teachings of Jesus and the example of Jesus, and this makes them "NOT" Christians?

that makes a lot of sense.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Aviv 16, evening and morning, night and day.

Are you a JW and do you say that you are a Christian?

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

I'm saved already. My "concern" is that the unsaved get saved. Which is why I spend time trying to show you unbelievers the Truth of the Deity of Christ Jesus....without which you cannot so much as HEAR the Gospel of Salvation.

Believers do not waste time boasting of what they do to "serve" the Lord. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

What? There's no where in the Bible that says that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved! It says that I must believe that Jesus is the son of God, and I do!

And we are saved through faith by the grace of God. Not in believing that Jesus is God!

And to be honest, the way you speak to people, your one of the last people I'd listen to!

marhig

And you can't see that Christ is in God, and those who believe are created IN CHRIST JESUS when they believe....not when they obey. :chew:

John 14:11, Eph. 2:10 Eph. 2:8-9

And you can't see that the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ dwell in those who BELIEVE.

You see many things, but none of them are truth. They are half truths...therefore full lies.

The things that are truth, you don't see. You could, but your pride has blinded you to the truth.

See how that works?

The Spirit of Christ doesn't dwell in wilfull sinners, God doesn't stay with those who choose the flesh before him!

And there's this

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Many can say they believe, and prophesy in the name of Jesus. But if they are workers of iniquity they are in danger of Jesus telling them to depart from him because he doesn't know them, Jesus doesn't know those who work iniquity, wilful sinners who love their flesh before God. Those who enter into heaven are those who love by the will of the father. Not just by saying "I believe!"

Last edited:

marhig

It makes you an idiot, because the Bible is more than one verse, and your misunderstanding of that verse will be your ticket to hell.
By the way, what's the true understanding of that verse then? How can Jesus saying that the father is the only true God be wrong? And I mean that verse itself, not others.

And why shouldn't I believe Jesus then he says that the father is the only true God and that he sent him?

Last edited:

marhig

Jesus taught to worship the Father, Jesus prayed to the Father, JWs follow the teachings of Jesus and the example of Jesus, and this makes them "NOT" Christians?

And also here's what Jesus says

John 4

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Many here need to be careful how they judge others, because God is looking at the hearts of all of us. ,

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Not to worry.

Christians are said to be chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. Are the all pre-existent to their birth?

No.

Incarnation and God the Son are ploys to deny that God had a Son, as also Islam believes.

no wonder they talk dribble on this board.

LA

popsthebuilder

If you keep lying your nose will grow, pops. Oh wait. Are you playing the mocker once again? I thought you were above such things, and resorting to false statements like the yellow above is just plain stupid. :rolleyes:

No, David's being anointed has nothing to do with his being called the firstborn. And David wasn't the first one born, either. He was preeminent. First in importance, as you were already told. Highest of kings on the earth...even though David was not the first born in his family.

Of course you're confused. You don't really listen.

I'm telling you that all words must be taken in their context. No, Jesus was NOT created.

He was Mary's firstborn son.

Luke 2:7
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.​

But His being the firstborn of creation has nothing to do with birth, but His being Preeminent...in import......above all things. Read the entire text and you'll see how He created all things and by Him all things consist. READ IT.

No, the firstfruits OF THE SPIRIT means the Spirit dwells in us. In other words, the Spirit indwells the believer....He is the earnest of our inheritance. We only wait for the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​
Still in agreement.

And if a thing is born themnit is created.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

He started in the bosom of the Father....Was God and was with God. He came down from heaven to dwell among us. Follow the yellow brick road.

Is that too hard for you to grasp? You've been given Scripture, but you reject it. :nono:
You aren't speaking of the man Jesus but the Word/ Spirit of GOD.

popsthebuilder

Can God push something that is unpushable? NO.

Can God make a rock so big that he cannot lift it? NO.

Can God know something that is unknowable (such as the number of hairs on a fictional character's head)? NO, NO, AND NO!

Just because God is omnipotent and omniscient doesn't mean that He can do or know everything. It means that he can do or know everything that is possible to do or know.

Um, what? I never said it was a mistake. Where did you get that idea?

And yes, we are conceived, are born, grow up, and die, but if a man has a relationship with God, he is instantly transported to be with Him. If he does not, then he is instantly transported to hell, were he awaits judgement.

MY POSITION IS THIS:

That God created man to live life in two stages, the first stage being here on this earth, and the second in heaven with God. God designed man to live for eternity, even if it's apart from Him. God took a risk in doing so, but God is a God of risk.

Something that is designed to last for eternity would take more than an infinite amount of energy to wear it down, let alone destroy it.

THEREFORE, Man cannot be destroyed, because God placed eternity in his heart. Saying such goes against what the Bible says.

Only dangerous to your beliefs, but perfectly in line with what Scripture says.

Hit the mark? Jesus hit the mark for me. I don't have to do anything other than preach the message of the Bible.

My point is this:

YOUR POSITION, that man dies, is unconscious, and then (if he is an unbeliever) after the Great White Throne Judgement is destroyed, IS UNBIBLICAL.

Death is separation. That's it. That's all it is.

When someone dies, they are separated from their body, they are separated from loved ones, and they are separated from this world. To use an analogy:

Our bodies are anchors that keep our spirits here in this world. A believer's body only anchors him to the ground, preventing him from soaring off into heaven. When he dies, his spirit is detached from that anchor, and he is immediately transported to heaven, to be with God for the rest of eternity. However, an unbeliever's body anchors him to this world, preventing him from being dragged down into hell. When he dies, his spirit breaks away from his body, and is instantly transported into hell, where he awaits final judgement.

Believers die once, but have eternal life to look forward to.

Unbelievers die twice, once in this world, and once at the GWT judgement, where they are separated from God, because death is separation.

Physical death is separation of body and spirit/soul, spiritual death is separation of spirit/soul and God.

It's not unconsciousness, it's not annihilation. It's merely separation.

When an unbeliever dies, he does not cease to exist. Rather, he will exist for all of eternity, separated from God. This is what true torment is, being separated from one's Creator because they rejected Him.

They exist for the rest of eternity because God CANNOT destroy them. Not even God can destroy something that He designed to withstand infinite eternity.
He created it, he can destroy it.

Your words about destroying the judgement of GOD are off and confusion.

The earth and heavens will be destroyed but GOD cannot destroy man for all eternity as is written over and over?

Let's go over this some more please.

jaybird

Not to worry.

Christians are said to be chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. Are the all pre-existent to their birth?

No.

Incarnation and God the Son are ploys to deny that God had a Son, as also Islam believes.

no wonder they talk dribble on this board.

LA

Jesus said He existed before His birth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What? There's no where in the Bible that says that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved! It says that I must believe that Jesus is the son of God, and I do!

And we are saved through faith by the grace of God. Not in believing that Jesus is God!

And to be honest, the way you speak to people, your one of the last people I'd listen to!

This is what I mean, too many "saved" Christians make Jesus' simple and clear word so complicated and spread confused messages to the world.

It is a great sin to do that.

thank you for your simple and clear messages of Jesus' word, sister.

amen:)

popsthebuilder

does it matter?
To me it does yes. The material is temporal. Jesus' material temporal body....the boC shouldn't be conflated with the Spirit which is our eternal One Creator GOD, but be understood to be the Holy Temple of GOD in which GOD places HIS Spirit. The alternative is literally equating creation to GOD almighty to me, and causal to great atrocity and sin through pride and greed.

6days

And why shouldn't I believe Jesus then he says that the father is the only true God and that he sent him?
You should believe Him!. The LORD our God is one. Amazing grace.. How can it be, that thou my God would die for me.
Our Creator is the one who took on human form, and went to Calvary.
(The Word became flesh... and the Word was God) John 1