Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

popsthebuilder

The Holy Spirit filled His vessel due to His emptying himself and pleasing GOD.

He returned to heaven and sends the Holy Spirit but to you it is some other Holy Spirit. But you said your god had one spirit, so if there is only one spirit between three persons which are all comprised of spirit soul and body then how is it that two of your three persons don't have any spirit whatsoever.

You are so far out in the deep end that there is no way for you to reconcile your words with scripture.

So Jesus didn't have a spirit and nor does the FATHER to you?

That is scary......and I don't exactly scare.
Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Apple7

The Holy Spirit filled His vessel due to His emptying himself and pleasing GOD.

He returned to heaven and sends the Holy Spirit but to you it is some other Holy Spirit. But you said your god had one spirit, so if there is only one spirit between three persons which are all comprised of spirit soul and body then how is it that two of your three persons don't have any spirit whatsoever.

You are so far out in the deep end that there is no way for you to reconcile your words with scripture.

So Jesus didn't have a spirit and nor does the FATHER to you?

That is scary......and I don't exactly scare.

Clinic time again...

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His. But if Christ is in (en) you, the body indeed is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of the One having raised Jesus from the dead dwells (oikei) in you, the One having raised the Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies live through the indwelling (enoikountos) of His Spirit in you. (Romans 8.9 – 11)

Locations of ‘oikei’:

• Romans 7.18
• Romans 8.9, 11 (Spirit of God dwells)
• 1 Cor 3.16 (Spirit of God dwelling)

Locations of ‘enoikountos’:

• Romans 8.11
• 2 Tim 1.14 (Holy Spirit dwells)

Romans 8.9 – 11 informs the reader that The Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) is separate from the Spirit of Christ by employing entirely different verbs in their description.

The Holy Spirit uses the verbs, ‘oikei’ & enoikountos’, meaning that a ‘cohabitation’ event is occurring. This is a literal Person-to-person event. The Holy Spirit resides within a person.

Contrasted to this is the Spirit of Christ, which is promoted via the preposition ‘en’ (in), and the verb ‘echei’, to have or hold.

popsthebuilder

Don't over think it friend

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His.
Clinic time again...

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His. But if Christ is in (en) you, the body indeed is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of the One having raised Jesus from the dead dwells (oikei) in you, the One having raised the Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies live through the indwelling (enoikountos) of His Spirit in you. (Romans 8.9 – 11)

Locations of ‘oikei’:

•Romans 7.18
•Romans 8.9, 11 (Spirit of God dwells)
•1 Cor 3.16 (Spirit of God dwelling)

Locations of ‘enoikountos’:

•Romans 8.11
•2 Tim 1.14 (Holy Spirit dwells)

Romans 8.9 – 11 informs the reader that The Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) is separate from the Spirit of Christ by employing entirely different verbs in their description.

The Holy Spirit uses the verbs, ‘oikei’ & enoikountos’, meaning that a ‘cohabitation’ event is occurring. This is a literal Person-to-person event. The Holy Spirit resides within a person.

Contrasted to this is the Spirit of Christ, which is promoted via the preposition ‘en’ (in), and the verb ‘echei’, to have or hold.

Apple7

Don't over think it friend

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His.

Now...

Why do they call it a 'smartphone' when it gives dumb answers?

Refuting you is always super easy....and fun!:rotfl:

popsthebuilder

Now...

Why do they call it a 'smartphone' when it gives dumb answers?

Refuting you is always super easy....and fun!:rotfl:
If it is so easy then why haven't you tried?

By the way; it is scripture you are refuting; not little ole me.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Christ and the Spirit are synonymous since the ascention of Jesus back to heaven.

Not according to what Jesus says. He couldn't be any clearer.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
All you need to is look at the LXX for your answer.
Its not that hard to do, Trev... Any serious student of scripture always consults the original to see if the translation is correct. I have repeatedly shown the original Hebrew, complete with exegesis, and you blatantly dismissed it out of hand. When are you going to get serious?
Now...this is precious.... The LXX has 'errors' - but, that doesn't keep you from using it when it buttresses your polemic! This is what muslims do with the Holy Bible, too! I guess cultic minds think alike...
I have decided to take my leave of discussing this subject with you on this thread. In a way I have enjoyed the interchange, and I have slight withdrawal symptoms leaving it for a day or two. In another way I have found the encounter strange, both the matter that you have presented and your particular style. Even the above is an example of this, and I feel the need and I am almost anxious to reply, but the feeling is fading as it would be partly a repeat. Anyway, I appreciate the time and effort that you have given and say goodbye for the moment.

I notice that you have been active on another forum with a different name starting with “b”, but I will most probably avoid these threads. If the “b” is significant, and my deduction from this is correct, then I have watched a few videos, and have yet to fully digest these. I also have a copy of a written online debate with DB some years ago, but have yet to fully consider both sides of this discussion.

Kind regards
Trevor

popsthebuilder

Not according to what Jesus says. He couldn't be any clearer.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Send in my name means nothing to you I suppose.

Same Spirit.

popsthebuilder

Lol.....so scripture says nothing about emptying one's self or about Him pleasing the Father, or that such is the reason that GOD sent HIS Spirit down in the form of a dove that rested on Him.

I guess the Holy Spirit is more like a bird that the Spirit of Christ to you.

Not strange at all.

glorydaz

Lol.....so scripture says nothing about emptying one's self or about Him pleasing the Father, or that such is the reason that GOD sent HIS Spirit down in the form of a dove that rested on Him.

I guess the Holy Spirit is more like a bird that the Spirit of Christ to you.

Not strange at all.

You can mock scripture, but I see you're afraid to actually quote it. If you can find what you think proves what you say, post it and I'll explain it to you.

glorydaz

Went away in physical form; returns in our hearts in the Spirit.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

You can't make stuff up like Keypurr and God's Untruth do, and expect to get away with it.

Jesus does NOT say He will return in another form. He says, I will SEND HIM unto you.