Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,You did not comment on the verses that I quoted, or my comments.

All you did was to post a name and a number for Trinitarian English renderings, Trev.

You did absolutely nothing to defend your anti-Trinitarian world view....rather, you just supported mine.

You simply exercised your vivid imagination again. You claim that the fact that Jesus was tempted three times and answered from the OT three times is evidence for the Trinity, a watermark of the Trinity. What do you do with the number 4? There were 4 divisions of the Camp of Israel and 4 cherubim mentioned in Ezekiel 1. I will help you. 3+1=4, 3 for the Trinity, and 1 for the One God. Will I qualify in your school?

Kind regards
Trevor

The camp of Israel formed a giant CROSS.

Anything special about The Cross, Trev...?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Greetings again Apple7,You did not comment on the verses that I quoted, or my comments. You simply exercised your vivid imagination again. You claim that the fact that Jesus was tempted three times and answered from the OT three times is evidence for the Trinity, a watermark of the Trinity. What do you do with the number 4? There were 4 divisions of the Camp of Israel and 4 cherubim mentioned in Ezekiel 1. I will help you. 3+1=4, 3 for the Trinity, and 1 for the One God. Will I qualify in your school?

Kind regards
Trevor
Instead of addition, use multiplication.

3 * 1 = 1 * 3

1 God (1 WHAT)
3 Persons (3 WHOS)

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7 and Greetings JudgeRightly,
Greetings again Apple7, When we worship and bow the knee before our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, David’s Lord, who is now exalted and is seated at the right hand of God His Father Psalm 110:1, it is to the glory of God the Father, the One God, Yahweh Philippians 2:9-11. This is true worship.
Trevor
All you did was to post a name and a number for Trinitarian English renderings, Trev.
You did absolutely nothing to defend your anti-Trinitarian world view....rather, you just supported mine.
I can understand why Trinitarians seek to avoid Psalm 110:1 and Philippians 2:9-11. They also avoid Luke 1:34-35.
The camp of Israel formed a giant CROSS.
Anything special about The Cross, Trev...?
My pictorial mental view of the encampment, with the Tabernacle in the centre, appears different to a cross. It is more like a square. Apple7 went out one day with a bucket and picked 100 3-leaf clovers and arrayed them on his desk in groups of three, 16x3 on one side, 1 in the middle, and 17x3 on the other side. Mrs Apple7 went out the same day and picked two 4 leaf clovers. She made a wish with one of these and it was a simple, humble wish and it came true. She then made another wish, and it was that Apple7 would cease from his obsession and his lack of balance with the Trinity.
Instead of addition, use multiplication.
3 * 1 = 1 * 3
1 God (1 WHAT)
3 Persons (3 WHOS)
Interesting mathematics, but not very relevant. I believe in One God the Father, and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Psalm 110:1, Philippians 2:9-11 and Luke 1:34-35 are clear evidence of this.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
A name and number all you got, Trev?
I am not certain as to what you are stating wrt “name and number”. I assume JudgeRightly who approved your post has a clearer understanding of what you are trying to convey. Possibly your view of the post does not come up with the quotation from biblia.com. As I am a subscriber to Logos software, then this pop-up facility works when I view this. My view normally references the NKJV. The following Bible book has the name Psalms, and its chapter number is 110, and its verse number is 1. Reading from the KJV:
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
This verse is often quoted and expounded in the NT and states that Jesus the Son of God, David’s Lord, has now been exalted and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father. I can understand why Trinitarians avoid this verse and the NT application of this to the exalted position of Jesus at God’s right hand. Those of us who accept this teaching bow the knee to Jesus and acknowledge him as Lord, to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:9-11. Jesus is the Son of God by birth Luke 1:35, by moral character and glory John 1:14, and by his resurrection from the dead Romans 1:1-4. If you pop-up does not work here, possibly you could open your Bible, but I am certain that you are familiar with these verses especially when speaking with non-Trinitarians.

Kind regards
Trevor

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
How you like these apples?

How you like these apples?

As already shown, the definition comes from scripture and lexicons.

Two things that you are unfamiliar with, and never use...

Again, you cannot prove or show anywhere in scripture as clearly DEFINED what a 'Christian' is, as the word is only mentioned a few times in the NT, and some of the earliest manuscripts and historical records called this group of people 'Chrestians', as followers of some teacher named 'Chrestus', so,..you dont have much there except to show that a group of religious fans were CALLED by that name - pick 'chrestians' or 'christians' (apples, oranges),...beyond that...there isnt even much historical evidence that the gospel version of the man 'Jesus' existed. See here (my commentary towards end of thread). - the mythicist view of Christ is gaining more acceptance, if even marginally).

Again, your acclaimed adherence to 'scripture' or 'lexicons' in the case of proving let alone DEFINING what a 'Christian' is, is not solid or definitive outside your own traditional definition or assumption of such word-associations. There are many different kinds of so called 'Christians', in ancient times, and among the hundreds of different denominations today (sects abound). A general definition of the word is of course more conventional (as some kind of follower of Christ, etc), but the 'definition' and 'qualifications' of the name can VARY among persons and organizations.

Jesus taught a Triune God.

That is your presupposition formed by your predefinition and 'prescribed theology'. Jesus in the most fundamental sense as a traditional JEW was UNITARIAN, thru and thru, at least theologically speaking, by way of the basic tenets of Judaism, beyond what later 'spin' or 'innovations' Christians may have added later about him. - carried on with the original apostles and followers of Jesus, continuing among the Nazarenes, Ebionites, Essenes and other early branches of Jesus followers, most all remained fundamentally Unitarian.

- only later did trinitarian 'formulations' such as those you hold dear (combobulating 3 personalities), become developed, then crystallized in creeds as dogma. (throw in some NT passages and a few interpolations to boot). My own view of Jesus includes a much greater and multi-faceted view of the 'Christ' - its not limited to a historical personality, neither the embellished narratives in the gospels, but is archetypal, symbolic, allegorical illustrating man's own psychological and spiritual transformation. (all is parable, metaphor, figurative, analogy, typology)....even Paul carries out the allegorical in his own 'interpretation' of scripture, and his own personal revelations, which he CLAIMS trumps all previous revelations, even dissing the original apostles (the pillars) in Jerusalem. - he goes so far to curse all other gospel versions. If he had the audacity to make such claims, one can at least have the audacity to 'think for himself'.

Already done.

No, you did not prove your claim, or case, as it was but your own definition and assumption of what a 'Christian' is, or what qualifies one to be a so called 'Christian' BY YOUR OWN TERMS. Thats all you've shown.

:thumb:

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, I am not certain as to what you are stating wrt “name and number”. I assume JudgeRightly who approved your post has a clearer understanding of what you are trying to convey. Possibly your view of the post does not come up with the quotation from biblia.com. My view references the NKJV. The following Bible book has the name Psalms, and its chapter number is 110, and its verse number is 1. Reading from the KJV:
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
This verse is often quoted and expounded in the NT and states that Jesus the Son of God, David’s Lord, has now been exalted and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father. I can understand why Trinitarians avoid this verse and the NT application of this to the exalted position of Jesus at God’s right hand. Those of us who accept this teaching bow the knee to Jesus and acknowledge him as Lord, to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:9-11. Jesus is the Son of God by birth Luke 1:35, by moral character and glory John 1:14, and by his resurrection from the dead Romans 1:1-4.

Kind regards
Trevor

Let's concentrate on your first example, Psalm 110.1, since it seems to be bothering you.

First of all, why do you insist on repeatedly quoting an English Trinitarian rendering when you reject The Trinity (albeit, your own special version of it)?

Do you know more than the one's providing the rendering that you are using?

Apple7

Again, you cannot prove or show anywhere in scripture as clearly DEFINED what a 'Christian' is, as the word is only mentioned a few times in the NT, and some of the earliest manuscripts and historical records called this group of people 'Chrestians', as followers of some teacher named 'Chrestus', so,..you dont have much there except to show that a group of religious fans were CALLED by that name - pick 'chrestians' or 'christians' (apples, oranges),...beyond that...there isnt even much historical evidence that the gospel version of the man 'Jesus' existed. See here (my commentary towards end of thread). - the mythicist view of Christ is gaining more acceptance, if even marginally).

Again, your acclaimed adherence to 'scripture' or 'lexicons' in the case of proving let alone DEFINING what a 'Christian' is, is not solid or definitive outside your own traditional definition or assumption of such word-associations. There are many different kinds of so called 'Christians', in ancient times, and among the hundreds of different denominations today (sects abound). A general definition of the word is of course more conventional (as some kind of follower of Christ, etc), but the 'definition' and 'qualifications' of the name can VARY among persons and organizations.

That is your presupposition formed by your predefinition and 'prescribed theology'. Jesus in the most fundamental sense as a traditional JEW was UNITARIAN, thru and thru, at least theologically speaking, by way of the basic tenets of Judaism, beyond what later 'spin' or 'innovations' Christians may have added later about him. - carried on with the original apostles and followers of Jesus, continuing among the Nazarenes, Ebionites, Essenes and other early branches of Jesus followers, most all remained fundamentally Unitarian.

- only later did trinitarian 'formulations' such as those you hold dear (combobulating 3 personalities), become developed, then crystallized in creeds as dogma. (throw in some NT passages and a few interpolations to boot). My own view of Jesus includes a much greater and multi-faceted view of the 'Christ' - its not limited to a historical personality, neither the embellished narratives in the gospels, but is archetypal, symbolic, allegorical illustrating man's own psychological and spiritual transformation. (all is parable, metaphor, figurative, analogy, typology)....even Paul carries out the allegorical in his own 'interpretation' of scripture, and his own personal revelations, which he CLAIMS trumps all previous revelations, even dissing the original apostles (the pillars) in Jerusalem. - he goes so far to curse all other gospel versions. If he had the audacity to make such claims, one can at least have the audacity to 'think for himself'.

No, you did not prove your claim, or case, as it was but your own definition and assumption of what a 'Christian' is, or what qualifies one to be a so called 'Christian' BY YOUR OWN TERMS. Thats all you've shown.

:thumb:

All of your repeat polemics have already been thoroughly explained, detailed, and refuted.

Got any NEW material to bring to the table?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All of your repeat polemics have already been thoroughly explained, detailed, and refuted.

Got any NEW material to bring to the table?

I did some editing to my post :) - My points and argument STANDS. - face the music.

You cant even prove you are a 'Christian' beyond your own definition or assumption of the 'term', OR that JW's are any LESS of being 'Christian' by those same contrived terms.

So looks you are in the same lot of the J-dubs :crackup: - by conflation and misapplication.

Apple7

I did some editing to my post :) - My points and argument STANDS. - face the music.

You cant even prove you are a 'Christian' beyond your own definition or assumption of the 'term', OR that JW's are any LESS of being 'Christian' by those same contrived terms.

So looks you are in the same lot of the J-dubs :crackup: - by conflation and misapplication.

Lol...you still use the same verbatim 'rebuttals' as in years' past.

Come back when you get some NEW material...:chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Face the music..............

Face the music..............

Lol...you still use the same verbatim 'rebuttals' as in years' past.

Come back when you get some NEW material...:chuckle:

So do you. Same ole spin. However my points do hold here. Thats a fact do be shared. - your ninny-picking and same 'protocol-apologetics' not-with-standing ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No one clicks on your 'links' to no answer....don't you know this by now?

Go burn some incense and do your meditation...

There are more 'free thinkers' and libertarians than you know,....some are breaking free :) - all my links are valid and pertinent commentary, articles and videos on the subjects concerned. Let the people think for themselves.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
First of all, why do you insist on repeatedly quoting an English Trinitarian rendering when you reject The Trinity (albeit, your own special version of it)?
What special version of it did you have in mind? I am quite happy with the KJV of Psalm 110:1. I checked the RV, RSV, NASB, NIV and ESV translations of Psalm 110:1 and these are all essentially the same. They all distinguish the two lords mentioned, by rendering Yahweh as LORD and I consider the need to recognise this distinction. Do you have any problem with the KJV or any other of the translations that I mentioned?
Do you know more than the one's providing the rendering that you are using?
This seems obscure, please explain if important.
Let's concentrate on your first example, Psalm 110.1, since it seems to be bothering you.
Yes, considering Psalm 110:1 it is quoted by Peter in Acts 2, but the context is important. Peter tells those assembled concerning Jesus:
Acts 2:22–24 (KJV): 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

In support of the above Peter quotes and expounds Psalm 110:1:
Acts 2:32–36 (KJV): 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
I suggest that none of the above supports the Trinity, but it speaks of Jesus as a man with a special and unique ministry, and after his crucifixion and death, he was raised and exalted to sit at the right hand of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, What special version of it did you have in mind?

One rendered by Trinity-rejecters such as yourself, Trev...

I am quite happy with the KJV of Psalm 110:1. I checked the RV, RSV, NASB, NIV and ESV translations of Psalm 110:1 and these are all essentially the same. They all distinguish the two lords mentioned, by rendering Yahweh as LORD and I consider the need to recognise this distinction. Do you have any problem with the KJV or any other of the translations that I mentioned?This seems obscure, please explain if important.Yes, considering Psalm 110:1 it is quoted by Peter in Acts 2, but the context is important. Peter tells those assembled concerning Jesus:

Psalm 110.1 shows distinction between THREE Persons - not Two.

Observe.

A declaration of Yahweh (Father) to my Adonee (Son): Sit at My right hand (Holy Spirit), until I place Your enemies as Your footstool. Psalm 110.1

Acts 2:22–24 (KJV): 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

In support of the above Peter quotes and expounds Psalm 110:1:
Acts 2:32–36 (KJV): 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
I suggest that none of the above supports the Trinity, but it speaks of Jesus as a man with a special and unique ministry, and after his crucifixion and death, he was raised and exalted to sit at the right hand of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4;
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; 1 Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

As usual, Trev.....you fail to take into consideration the whole of scripture...and you allow your cultic worldview to pigeon-hole your study of scripture.

When are you ever going to become a serious student of scripture?