Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Puff the magic dragon.......

Puff the magic dragon.......

Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

You're entire claim is based on a presupposition or assumption of your own definition of 'Christian', so it really depends on how YOU are DEFINING 'Christian', and definitions for that DEPEND on who you ask.

JW's (and other Unitarian Christians) are doing just dandy without a 'belief' in a Trinity and are in the same league of Unitarian believers that typified Jesus and his apostles, being traditional Jews. Jesus was a Unitarian Jew, faithful to the Torah, the law and the prophets, the Shema, and so on. He worshipped One God and Father of all, being an anointed Son of that same Universal Father (at least to Jewish followers of Jesus).

You'd further have to give irrefutable evidence that 'Jesus is God' and DESERVES worship as 'God Almighty' (that such is your 'belief' is already granted), then define the word 'worship'. JW's certainly respect, revere and worship Jesus, just not as 'God' as per your Orthodox Christian formula or creed. This doesn't make them any LESS of a 'christian' as yourself, being a 'christian' by your own definition and qualification ;)

Looks pretty circular.............. :sherlock:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're entire claim is based on a presupposition or assumption of your own definition of 'Christian', so it really depends on how YOU are DEFINING 'Christian', and definitions for that DEPEND on who you ask.

JW's (and other Unitarian Christians) are doing just dandy without a 'belief' in a Trinity and are in the same league of Unitarian believers that typified Jesus and his apostles, being traditional Jews. Jesus was a Unitarian Jew, faithful to the Torah, the law and the prophets, the Shema, and so on. He worshipped One God and Father of all, being an anointed Son of that same Universal Father (at least to Jewish followers of Jesus).

You'd further have to give irrefutable evidence that 'Jesus is God' and DESERVES worship as 'God Almighty' (that such is your 'belief' is already granted), then define the word 'worship'. JW's certainly respect, revere and worship Jesus, just not as 'God' as per your Orthodox Christian formula or creed. This doesn't make them any LESS of a 'christian' as yourself, being a 'christian' by your own definition and qualification ;)

You really don't have any room to teach/preach anything relating to anything of a Christian nature. After all, you belong to 'The Urantia UFO Cult.' Basically, you're a 'new-age, occultist.'

Apple7

As already shown, the definition comes from scripture and lexicons.

Two things that you are unfamiliar with, and never use...

Jesus taught a Triune God.

Already done.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Firstly I don't know which version you are reading from, but the word him, isn't in the KJV, or many of the others, nor in the Greek, which version is that in?

I suppose you think that the serpents are natural serpents too?

It clearly says that God cannot be tempted in the Bible, Christ Jesus was tempted in all points as we are.
God punishes sinners, and those who know the truth and wilfully sin are very foolish to do so. God is love and he's full of mercy, but he won't be mocked!

The wages of sin is death, which is dead to God, which is separation from him.

And we are reconciled to God through Christ Jesus, by the ministry of reconciliation which is the gospel, reconciled by the word of God unto God who was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.
Still waiting for responses to these, Marhig. I'm not going to let these get buried.
"God punishes sinners."

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, - Romans 3:23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:23&version=NKJV

Good.

If a man (who rejects God's gift of salvation) dies and is then punished for his sin, his punishment being, as you said above, separation from God, would His punishment (separation from God) be sufficient for paying for his sins?

(In other words, is a man's separation from God enough to satisfy the demands of justice?)
It's interesting how how you BLATANTLY ignore the context of what the verse is saying.

And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. - 1 Corinthians 10:7-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians10:7-10&version=NKJV

First, who are "some of them"?
Second, what should we not do, as "some of them" did?
Third, in those four verses, did the sentence structure change at all?
Fourth, and this is more of a general question than it is about this passage, though it still applies to this verse, Against whom do people sin?

I'll let you read the context of the above before I answer that.

So then who was tempted in verse 9?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God punishes sinners, and those who know the truth and wilfully sin are very foolish to do so. God is love and he's full of mercy, but he won't be mocked!

The wages of sin is death, which is dead to God, which is separation from him.

And we are reconciled to God through Christ Jesus, by the ministry of reconciliation which is the gospel, reconciled by the word of God unto God who was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

God will punish sin. That, ultimate punishment will began when those whose names are not written in 'The book of life' will be cast into 'The lake of fire' for eternity. Those same people will be judged according to their works the Bible says:

Revelation 20:12-15

"12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

TrevorL

Greetings Apple7,
Temptation was set before Jesus THREE times, once each for each Person of The Trinity, and after each temptation, Jesus quotes OT Triune scripture.
This is possibly one of the most extreme claims that I have encountered to prove or reinforce the concept of the Trinity. Relying upon and resorting to such statements is evidence that the Trinity is not taught in the Scripture.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings Apple7,This is possibly one of the most extreme claims that I have encountered to prove or reinforce the concept of the Trinity. Relying upon and resorting to such statements is evidence that the Trinity is not taught in the Scripture.

Kind regards
Trevor

The Trinity watermark is all through scripture, Trev...:)

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
The Trinity watermark is all through scripture, Trev...:)
Christians worship Christ; JW's do not! Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.
When we worship and bow the knee before our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, David’s Lord, who is now exalted and is seated at the right hand of God His Father Psalm 110:1, it is to the glory of God the Father, the One God, Yahweh Philippians 2:9-11. This is true worship.

Kind regards
Trevor

keypurr

As already shown, the definition comes from scripture and lexicons.

Two things that you are unfamiliar with, and never use...

Jesus taught a Triune God.

Already done.

Nope he didn't, he taught us to pray to his and our God.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, When we worship and bow the knee before our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, David’s Lord, who is now exalted and is seated at the right hand of God His Father Psalm 110:1, it is to the glory of God the Father, the One God, Yahweh Philippians 2:9-11. This is true worship.

Kind regards
Trevor

You just described The Trinity without even knowing it...thanks, Trev! :)

Apple7

Nope he didn't, he taught us to pray to his and our God.

Proper worship of God, according to God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

keypurr

Proper worship of God, according to God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

READ the verse again. WORSHIP THE FATHER

PROOF YOU CAN'T READ English LET ALONE GREEK.

Apple7

READ the verse again. WORSHIP THE FATHER

PROOF YOU CAN'T READ English LET ALONE GREEK.

In John 4.24, the subject is the arthrous, ο θεος.

In this passage, the predicate is placed first before the subject, for emphasis.

The predicate is πνευμα.

Thus, John 4.24 has a ‘predicate-subject’ ordering, in lieu of a ‘subject-predicate’ ordering as in other passages of John’s writings (i.e. 1 John 1.5, 4.8).

John 4.24 mentions nothing about 'Father only' worship, but, instead declares worship to The Holy Spirit.

Study up....pops...

keypurr

God will punish sin. That, ultimate punishment will began when those whose names are not written in 'The book of life' will be cast into 'The lake of fire' for eternity. Those same people will be judged according to their works the Bible says:

Revelation 20:12-15

"12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I would suspect that your name will not be in the good book, but I am not your judge.

keypurr

In John 4.24, the subject is the arthrous, ο θεος.

In this passage, the predicate is placed first before the subject, for emphasis.

The predicate is πνευμα.

Thus, John 4.24 has a ‘predicate-subject’ ordering, in lieu of a ‘subject-predicate’ ordering as in other passages of John’s writings (i.e. 1 John 1.5, 4.8).

John 4.24 mentions nothing about 'Father only' worship, but, instead declares worship to The Holy Spirit.

Study up....pops...

Your so full of baloney Apple7, You can not see the trees (truth) because of the forest (traditional deceptions). I am not impressed with your limited ability in what that verse is really telling you.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
You just described The Trinity without even knowing it...thanks, Trev! :)
You did not comment on the verses that I quoted, or my comments. You simply exercised your vivid imagination again. You claim that the fact that Jesus was tempted three times and answered from the OT three times is evidence for the Trinity, a watermark of the Trinity. What do you do with the number 4? There were 4 divisions of the Camp of Israel and 4 cherubim mentioned in Ezekiel 1. I will help you. 3+1=4, 3 for the Trinity, and 1 for the One God. Will I qualify in your school?

Kind regards
Trevor