Christian censorship: Atheist billboard taken down

fool

Hall of Fame
I think much boils down to preference and what you're willing to accept, who you'd rather have at your dinner table and why, after a fashion.
But the freeway is not your dinner table or your wedding reception.
Do you understand that?

For instance, I prefer people who can enjoin a lively difference with repartee and good humor.
Excellent, I prefer people that can drive by a billboard that's not directed at them and not take offence.

I prefer people who don't wear muddy boots indoors and who stand when a lady approaches a table.
As do I and anyone who values a clean floor and the opposite sex.

And I prefer those who don't trade on the beliefs of others for their meat.
Which is what you do here.
Let me put it straight;
It's not always about you.
Listen to Angel, she makes good sense and articulates it better than any of the Atheists have so far.
But every man has his own standard on each of those and more and, again, I'm simply stating mine and the reasons I have for it.
As are we all.
But;
I'm puzzled as to why you don't take all your arguments against this "tasteless" billboard and turn them inward upon your defense of Robert E Lee day coincident with MLK day.

genuineoriginal

Do you actually read things before responding? He said the BUS was in the Ford Museum, and it is.
MLK did not ride the bus, Rosie Parks did.

However, we were discussing an appropriate mountain to carve the likeness of MLK on.

If you had followed the conversation, you might have noticed that.

The first suggestion was Stone Mountain, my counter suggestion was the Black Hills.
Then came the non-sequitur that the bus Rosie Parks rode was in Michigan.

Michigan has mountains.
Thank you for that information.
I have only been in Michigan twice and never noticed any mountains, but then again I wasn't looking for any either of those times.

Arthur Brain

You seem to have a distinct lack of grasp of the English language.

She stated several deliberate falsehoods about me and my beliefs, which is lying by the very definition of the word.

She did no such thing and you know that fine well. So does anyone else who is familiar with English so stop acting like a puffed up jerk and stop being dishonest about anna.

genuineoriginal

Listen to Angel, she makes good sense and articulates it better than any of the Atheists have so far.
Yes, she does, and she didn't have to try to humilate any Christians to do so.

I believe that Atheists are intelligent enough and clever enough to put forth a message on a billboard that they can claim is innocent while hiding the intent to create controversy.

How intelligent and clever do you think Atheists are?

Arthur Brain

It is obvious to anyone smarter than a kitchen appliance that she did post deliberate falsehoods about my beliefs.

Rather ironic that you'd be the one to bring up kitchen appliances as you're the crank that thinks folk can "train" themselves to fall in love with em'...:hammer:

What's obvious is that you're being transparently dishonest and use this card too often. Grow up and stop lying about people. Anna is about as dishonest as you're reasoned - which is to say not at all.

fool

Hall of Fame
Dearborn Michigan is not near Stone Mountain, Georgia.
It's closer than China.
For example.

Black Hills, South Dakota is where images of great Americans are carved into the hills.
I wonder if they have any room.
Is there a suitable mountain in Michigan to carve the likeness of MLK on?
No mountains but we do cast things in bronze from time to time.
For example we have Joe Lewis' forearm and fist blown up 30 feet long hanging in downtown Detroit.
It does seem too close to water level from the maps I looked at.
The most used pick up line around here is "my buddy has this boat..."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, she does, and she didn't have to try to humilate any Christians to do so.
Thanks

I believe that Atheists are intelligent enough and clever enough to put forth a message on a billboard that they can claim is innocent while hiding the intent to create controversy.

I sure don't think that is the case here and honestly see that poster as being directed to them, not believers at all.

Do you believe an atheist is incapable of compassion toward others?

genuineoriginal

I sure don't think that is the case here and honestly see that poster as being directed to them, not believers at all.

Do you believe an atheist is incapable of compassion toward others?
I believe an Atheist is capable of compassion towards others.

I also believe an Atheist is almost incapable of suppressing the desire to insult Christians when the opportunity arises, and I believe that Atheists delight in being able to insult Christians without the Christians knowing when they are insulted.

It seems to be part and parcel of the pride Atheists have in their intelligence and cleverness.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But the freeway is not your dinner table or your wedding reception. Do you understand that?
I understand when someone is moving a goalpost. Now try applying those to what I'm actually saying. To help out (you started it) those were illustrations of valuation and preference.

Since I'm not arguing for tearing down the billboard or against the right of anyone to put whatever they want up whenever they want to, to go to the DMV in a prom dress or pick their toes in public, only commenting on how I value it, what is your objection?

It can't be that you insist I think like you, can it?

Excellent, I prefer people that can drive by a billboard that's not directed at them and not take offence.
I prefer people who think what they like but can meet difference amiably and, God willing, interestingly and hold reasoned positions with good humor.

Since I started this I've been subjected to neg reps, suggestions that I'm stupid or evasive and a litany of likened nonsense I'd have expected from fundamentalists but not from my former cadre, whom I perhaps have projected onto a rationality and willingness to consider that is no more generally evident. Ah, well. That's life for you.

And I prefer people who don't calculatedly trade on the faith of others for their own gain, be they snake oil pastors or this group of atheists.

As do I and anyone who values a clean floor and the opposite sex.
:) Now we're finding common ground. How are you about good coffee, or beer?

Which is what you do here. Let me put it straight; It's not always about you.
What I find tasteless in this particular is. And how I relate to things is, which is why I made note. Doesn't mean I lack compassion for those who struggle in ways I don't. I have my own. But the personalization about atheists was mostly an approach to the notion of the thing being launched for a mostly altruistic purpose, which I though and think is pure hooey.

And coincidentally you agree with her.... But she doesn't make more sense than the first person who suggested it and I think she dismisses my examination without much consideration of its parts. I answered on the couple she did look at.

As are we all.
But; I'm puzzled as to why you don't take all your arguments against this "tasteless" billboard and turn them inward upon your defense of Robert E Lee day coincident with MLK day.
For a number of reasons, beginning with the lack of cause of action. Or, where's that billboard posted in a mostly black neighborhood (to keep the majority/exposure) set to run on MLK, Jr, day by the Daughters of the Confederacy?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe an Atheist is capable of compassion towards others.

I also believe an Atheist is almost incapable of suppressing the desire to insult Christians when the opportunity arises, and I believe that Atheists delight in being able to insult Christians without the Christians knowing when they are insulted.

It seems to be part and parcel of the pride Atheists have in their intelligence and cleverness.

I think thats a human nature problem to be honest. We can all be guilty of that (The desire to insult others without them knowing they are being insulted)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And coincidentally you agree with her.... But she doesn't make more sense than the first person who suggested it and I think she dismisses my examination without much consideration of its parts. I answered on the couple she did look at.

Why would you think that? I would be one of the first people here to post a poster that i thought was aimed at us and distasteful, in fact the poster that i added to this thread, I DID make a thread on before Christmas.

I don't have to agree with you, to have considered your position and think it doesn't apply in this case.