Can a JW be a Christian.

musterion

I preached the Gospel of grace a few times and that's kept them from coming around, sadly. But I'm also ugly, maybe that was what done it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi,

Some year ago a few JWs came to my gate, and preached to me about Jesus Christ and His return to make all things new, and what kind of a paradise it will be.

By definition, anyone denying the Triune Godhead is not a Christian. They may claim to be "Christian" but they have redefined the meaning of the term. If a person cannot affirm the Nicene Creed (after considering any carefully explicated scruples), then they are not inside the camp.

AMR

marhig

The JW's teach works salvation, and they deny the divinity of Christ. They're not saved.

Your not a judge, there's only one righteous judge and that's God. None of us can say who will be saved and who won't, only God knows our hearts.

marhig

There was a poster on another board (long ago and far away) named "Children of Raven" who used to get really upset with the JW's hitting his doorbell on Saturday mornings.

He decided he was going to start answering the door naked when they showed up.

Turned our it worked and they quit going by his house.

:think:

:)
Well that's Christ like, I prefer to bring them in and talk about God!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
By definition, anyone denying the Triune Godhead is not a Christian. They may claim to be "Christian" but they have redefined the meaning of the term. If a person cannot affirm the Nicene Creed (after considering any carefully explicated scruples), then they are not inside the camp.

AMR

really? -whose definition?
-believing Jesus is God is important
-but is it more important than believing your free will will determine your salvation?
-I don't think so
-is it more important that believing what you do will determine your salvation?
-I don't think so
-nontrinitarian posters here at tol are closer to what Jesus taught than many so called christians

marhig

AMR
I deny any triune God, because it's not biblical. You tell me where God the son is in the Bible, even just once? God wouldn't miss something so important out.

There's no three Gods, there is only one God, the Almighty God the father. And he's the God of Jesus Christ also. As Jesus said himself.

John 20:17

I go to my father and your father, to my God and your God

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Hi,

Some year ago a few JWs came to my gate, and preached to me about Jesus Christ and His return to make all things new, and what kind of a paradise it will be.

I disagreed with that view in some ways and then said to them that they only believed what the watchtower society told them. (sounds like something from this board hey)

Anyway, one of them was very insulted that I had said that, but not angry against me but just insulted and hurt.

The thing is, that while he might have been guided somewhat by the watchtower society I was to learn (by hard experience) that he truly was seeking the Lord and he belonged to the Lord.

I would be more careful in the years to come, as I had hurt the Lord.

LA

Did denomination have anything to do with who Jesus spoke to when He walked amongst us?

Apple7

I deny any triune God, because it's not biblical.

The God of the Holy Bible has always revealed Himself as Triune.

You tell me where God the son is in the Bible, even just once? God wouldn't miss something so important out.

God the Son was known by numerous titles in the OT...like Malek Yahweh, El Shaddai, Debar Yahweh, etc, etc...

There's no three Gods, there is only one God, the Almighty God the father. And he's the God of Jesus Christ also. As Jesus said himself.

John 20:17

I go to my father and your father, to my God and your God

The Trinity IS one God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's why I asked LA the question. Any JW who comes to believe that is automatically no longer a JW. They're still not saved if they've not believed the saving Gospel, but the other JWs would shun them immediately if they knew of it.

Never happened to the JW neighours I had. and the remaining JW had much respect for even when they knew the background of my faith and heard my testimony.

It is not a matter of either being a JW or being a Christian.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do JW's believe that Jesus of Nazareth literally rose bodily from the dead or do they believe that His body that died on the cross was replaced with a different body?
Do JW's believe that Christ demonstrated victory over death by the continuing life of His physical body in His ascension, having physical life forever more, or do they believe that His earthly body disintegrated and was replaced with a former body of an angel?

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

All groups usually have errors, and all groups are mixed bunch of genuine and false.

It is not so that to be a JW that one can not have saving faith in Christ to whom they have called upon to save them.

Most people do come out of errors in time, but will stay away from those who treat them so unkindly without understanding and grace.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

For, at this point, you continue to reveal you are clueless as ever as to what the gospel of Christ actually is, and this alone is an issue one must be crystal clear on.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You seem to be like the particular kind of JW, RCC, or Mormon you condemn.

The Gospel of Christ is that He gave His life to the death, that those who believe IN Him ought do the same for one another.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

AMR

You hope.

The book of Acts teaches what we ought believe and no RCC trinity is ever mentioned.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You hope.

The book of Acts teaches what we ought believe and no RCC trinity is ever mentioned.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

LA

All I have to say is, "Stay off of that LA freeway." It's always congested.

Apple7

You hope.

LA

You just quoted more scripture in support of The Trinity.

The Triune God raised Jesus from the dead....which has the same singular NAME...

Thanks!