Can a JW be a Christian.

Ben Masada

You know NOTHING about the Gospel of Jesus.

You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You, Ben Masada, got Jesus wrong.

No, Lifeisgood, you guys are the ones who have got Jesus wrong. I know more than you could even dream about the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach. Try me! Jesus was a Jew and, his gospel was the Tanach. Then, Paul came about later with his gospel aka the NT and invented all he could about Jesus and you guys got hooked by him.

Ben Masada

Wrong! The Angels from God said "For unto you [Israel] is born this day in the city of David a Saviour which is Christ the Lord." NOT Paul.

What was Christ's human name? Jesus.

What did Jesus save, care to tell us? At the time Jesus was born, Paul did not exist yet but his title of "Christ" was fabricated by Paul if you read II Timothy 2:8. Not only the title of Christ but also that he had resurrected. Jesus was born as Jesus and became Christ with Paul. The real name of Jesus was Yeshua ben Yoseph.

Jamie Gigliotti

JW's could have placed their faith and trust in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and turned to Him in humble repentence and desire to love and obey Him and be full of the Holy Spirit, and in other words be in Christ. That is between them and God as it is for all of us.

lifeisgood

What did Jesus save, care to tell us? At the time Jesus was born, Paul did not exist yet but his title of "Christ" was fabricated by Paul if you read II Timothy 2:8. Not only the title of Christ but also that he had resurrected. Jesus was born as Jesus and became Christ with Paul. The real name of Jesus was Yeshua ben Yoseph.

Nonsense! The ANGELS said that the Christ was born to Israel. NOT Paul. Yeah, I know, Israel has rejected her Christ.

Israel has to convert before the Messiah, Jesus the Christ can be sent by God:

Jesus said, “You [Israel] will not see me [the Messiah] again until you [Israel] say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord’” (Matt. 23:39). This means Israel will not see the Messiah until Israel convert to Him.

I [Jesus] will go back to my place until they [Israel] admit their guilt. And they [Israel] will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly seek me [the Messiah, Jesus the Christ].” (Hosea 5:15)

Peter said, “Repent, then [ISRAEL], and turn to God [Israel], so that your sins [Israel] may be blotted out . . . and that God may send the Messiah, Jesus Christ” (Acts 3:19-20) Peter urged the Jews to convert so that God can send the Messiah, Jesus the Christ! Imagine that!

lifeisgood

No, Lifeisgood, you guys are the ones who have got Jesus wrong. I know more than you could even dream about the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach. Try me! Jesus was a Jew and, his gospel was the Tanach. Then, Paul came about later with his gospel aka the NT and invented all he could about Jesus and you guys got hooked by him.

You don't even know your Tanach. You don't realize that the Altar and the Sacrifice is shadow and type of the Cross of Calvary.

“Repent, then [ISRAEL], and turn to God [Israel], so that your sins [Israel] may be blotted out . . . and that God may send the Messiah, Jesus Christ” (Acts 3:19-20)

Israel hates Christ, but Christ is the reason the world hates Israel.

lifeisgood

Exodus 36:8 — And every wise hearted man among them who wrought the work of the Tabernacle made ten
Curtains of Fine Twined Linen (portraying the Righteousness of Christ)
Blue (signifying Christ came from Heaven), and
Purple (signifying His Royalty as a King), and
Scarlet (signifying His shed Blood on the Cross of Calvary): with
Cherubims of cunning work (beautiful, exact work) made he them (signifying the Holiness of Christ).

SonOfCaleb

But, wait a minute SonofCaleb. "Christ" as a reference to Jesus is from the gospel of Paul and, it doesn't appear at all in the gospel of Jesus. Jesus, the son of Joseph & Mary never even dreamed that the Christian Church would ever rise. The Christian Church was founded by Paul. Therefore, he was the head of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

In Christianity Jesus is OUR Messiah. Christ means Messiah. They're one and the same word. One is Greek in origin the other Hebrew. We are disciples of Christ therefore we are Christians. Who you think founded Christian Congregatons is irrelavent to my point and to the topic.

marhig

Paul didn't fabricate Christ

Matthew 16

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

John 4

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Apple7

All we read in the Tanak is how you Jews screwed-up worshipping God....and, instead, turned to idol worship.

Prophet, after Prophet, verse, after verse, testifies that your people gaffed it royally.

But now...after thousands of years of recorded history, you somehow have it right?!

No.