Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Epoisses

According to your interpretation, salvation is partly due to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Calvinists will always present man as an island unto himself but this is patently false. God thru the Holy Spirit is leading all men to Christ so if I am led to Christ and repentance I can never take the credit for God's leading and doing behind the scenes.

Potter's Clay

Calvinists will always present man as an island unto himself but this is patently false. God thru the Holy Spirit is leading all men to Christ so if I am led to Christ and repentance I can never take the credit for God's leading and doing behind the scenes.

Still, you are playing a role in your own salvation when Ephesians 2:8-9 shows that your concept is false.

Robert Pate

Banned
Still, you are playing a role in your own salvation when Ephesians 2:8-9 shows that your concept is false.

Ephesians 2:8,9. tells us that salvation is a GIFT from God. A gift cannot be earned, imposed or deserved. It can only be received or rejected.

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:8,9. tells us that salvation is a GIFT from God. A gift cannot be earned, imposed or deserved. It can only be received or rejected.

God gives the gift to those He chooses to give it.

Do you really think that He is going to live with just anyone?

God's Truth

That scripture says not of yourselves, as in no one becomes a child of God anymore by doing purification/ceremonial works to clean themselves so that they can say they belong to God.

Robert Pate

Banned
God gives the gift to those He chooses to give it.

Do you really think that He is going to live with just anyone?

The scripture says... "God so loved the world" John 3:16, Meaning all, everyone, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Potter's Clay

The scripture says... "God so loved the world" John 3:16, Meaning all, everyone, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Is this the same word described in John 3:16?

Robert Pate

Banned
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Is this the same word described in John 3:16?

Not exactly. God loves the world, but the world does not love God.

Potter's Clay

The same way you make choices every day to receive or reject.

As a believer, I know righteousness. While true that I have freedom to choose between sin and righteousness, an unregenerate man only knows sin. Therefore, in order for faith to be a prerequisite for salvation, a man has to somehow figure out a way to overcome this dead state described in Ephesians 2:1.

God's Truth

Gentiles were without GOD because they didn't receive the law????
ROLF!

The Gentiles were dead in their sins and their UNcircumcised flesh.

Getting circumcised and sacrificing animals ATONED for sins, and the Gentiles did NOT do that.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Do you really think that an UNcircumcised Gentile who are UNCLEAN could just go to the temple where God's Spirit was? LOLLOLLOLLOL