Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Robert Pate

Banned
The word "World" appears in the Bible 280 times and 241 times in just the New Testament. Calvinist believe that the word "world" means "the elect world" or "the world of the elect". The term "elect world" or "world of the elect" does not appear in the Bible.

I have done a word study on the word "World" in both the English, Greek and Hebrew languages, using Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible and using different scriptures that relate to the word "world".

"God so loved the "WORLD" that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16.
Word #G2889, means, Orderly arrangement,ie, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide and narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally):- adorning world.
According to Funk &Wagnall Dictionary, it means 1, The earth. 2. A part of the earth. 3. The universe. 4. A division of existing or created things belonging to the earth; the animal world. 5, The inhabitants of the earth.

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the "WORLD" began" Titus 1:2.
Word #G166, means, Perpetual (also used of past time or past and future as well):-eternal, for ever, lasting, world (began).

"All of you inhabitants of the "WORLD" and dwellers of the earth" Isaiah 18:3
Word #H398, means, The earth (as moist and therefore inhabited) by extension the globe: by implication its inhabitants, specifically a land as Babylonia, Palestine: - Habitable part of the world.

There are many other meanings to the word "WORLD" but they all come back to the inhabitants or the people of the world. It is humanity that inhabits the world. Nowhere in the Bible does it mean or say that the world consist of "some certain persons". Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Word #G2889. Therefore salvation has been promised to everyone in the whole world, Hebrews 2:9.

Nanja

Christ is the Saviour of the World of His Elect which was chosen in Him in Love Eph. 1:4, hence John 3:16.

So there is an Eternally Forgiven World 2 Cor. 5:19, The World Christ prayed for here, and a world Christ does not pray for:

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The world Christ does not pray for consists of the non-elect, the reprobate world He did not die for 1 Cor. 11:32.

So there is enmity between these two worlds: The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 and the Seed of the devil / serpent Gen. 3:15.

Gal. 4:29
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

The word "world" used in the scriptures is the word "kosmos" which simply means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2889&t=KJV

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ is the Saviour of the World of His Elect which was chosen in Him in Love Eph. 1:4, hence John 3:16.

So there is an Eternally Forgiven World 2 Cor. 5:19, The World Christ prayed for here, and a world Christ does not pray for:

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The world Christ does not pray for consists of the non-elect, the reprobate world He did not die for 1 Cor. 11:32.

So there is enmity between these two worlds: The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 and the Seed of the devil / serpent Gen. 3:15.

Gal. 4:29
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

The word "world" used in the scriptures is the word "kosmos" which simply means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2889&t=KJV

You are in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

In the judgment you will be without an excuse.

oatmeal

The word "World" appears in the Bible 280 times and 241 times in just the New Testament. Calvinist believe that the word "world" means "the elect world" or "the world of the elect". The term "elect world" or "world of the elect" does not appear in the Bible.

I have done a word study on the word "World" in both the English, Greek and Hebrew languages, using Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible and using different scriptures that relate to the word "world".

Word #G2889, means, Orderly arrangement,ie, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide and narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally):- adorning world.
According to Funk &Wagnall Dictionary, it means 1, The earth. 2. A part of the earth. 3. The universe. 4. A division of existing or created things belonging to the earth; the animal world. 5, The inhabitants of the earth.

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the "WORLD" began" Titus 1:2.
Word #G166, means, Perpetual (also used of past time or past and future as well):-eternal, for ever, lasting, world (began).

Word #H398, means, The earth (as moist and therefore inhabited) by extension the globe: by implication its inhabitants, specifically a land as Babylonia, Palestine: - Habitable part of the world.

There are many other meanings to the word "WORLD" but they all come back to the inhabitants or the people of the world. It is humanity that inhabits the world. Nowhere in the Bible does it mean or say that the world consist of "some certain persons". Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Word #G2889. Therefore salvation has been promised to everyone in the whole world, Hebrews 2:9.

Some interesting other verses that demonstrate your point are

I John 2:15-17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

I John 4:4-6

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

II Corinthians 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 1:19-23

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

oatmeal

God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

But not all men choose to do what God desires, those who reject God are those who prefer what the world has to offer instead of what the word of God has to offer

Nanja

You are in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

In the judgment you will be without an excuse.

Pate, you are prevented from Hearing [understading / comprehending] God's Words because you are not of God [not Born of God] John 3:6.

John 8:43, 47
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Cor. 1:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those Justified in Rom. 4:5, and the world [kosmos] that God was in Christ reconciling unto Himself 2 Cor. 5:19, is the World of Christ's Seed Chosen of the Father in union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4. They were Justified by His Blood, reconciled to God while being enemies.

Rom. 5:9-10
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Their sins were imputed to Christ and His Righteousness was imputed to them. They were Justified from Everlasting by the Blood of Christ Rev. 13:8; Is. 53:6, that's why they're so Blessed!

Rom. 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

It's only God Given Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8 that will reveal these Truths to all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate, you are prevented from Hearing [understading / comprehending] God's Words because you are not of God [not Born of God] John 3:6.

John 8:43, 47
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Cor. 1:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those Justified in Rom. 4:5, and the world [kosmos] that God was in Christ reconciling unto Himself 2 Cor. 5:19, is the World of Christ's Seed Chosen of the Father in union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4. They were Justified by His Blood, reconciled to God while being enemies.

Rom. 5:9-10
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Their sins were imputed to Christ and His Righteousness was imputed to them. They were Justified from Everlasting by the Blood of Christ Rev. 13:8; Is. 53:6, that's why they're so Blessed!

Rom. 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

It's only God Given Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8 that will reveal these Truths to all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

I have been studying the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and all that it calls into question for over 45 years. You have the wrong doctrine. God does not predestinate or send people to hell. People send themselves to hell because like you they believe that God is unjust. The God that you believe in is not in the Bible, nor is his Son Jesus Christ.

Nanja

I have been studying the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and all that it calls into question for over 45 years. You have the wrong doctrine.

You can study your false gospel for another 45 years and remain deceived because you have been intentionally blinded to the Truth of the Gospel 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

Pate
God does not predestinate or send people to hell. People send themselves to hell because like you they believe that God is unjust. The God that you believe in is not in the Bible, nor is his Son Jesus Christ.

God has predestinated many to hell. And the scriptures prove it, as I have shown you on many occasions.

But you are in disbelief of those scriptures and cannot understand them because you are not born of God John 8:43, 47!

Robert Pate

Banned
You can study your false gospel for another 45 years and remain deceived because you have been intentionally blinded to the Truth of the Gospel 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

Pate

God has predestinated many to hell. And the scriptures prove it, as I have shown you on many occasions.

But you are in disbelief of those scriptures and cannot understand them because you are not born of God John 8:43, 47!

The God of the Bible does not predestinate people to hell. There is no scripture that says that he does. You have chosen to believe the doctrine of a heretic, instead of believing God's word.

Nanja

The God of the Bible does not predestinate people to hell. There is no scripture that says that he does. You have chosen to believe the doctrine of a heretic, instead of believing God's word.

Nanja

Robert Pate

Banned

Show me one scripture that says... "And God predestinated them or him to hell" There is nothing.

If predestination were true the Bible would say..."And God predestinated Esau to hell" Or "God predestinated Judas to hell". There is NOTHING.

If predestination were true the Bible would be full of it. The word predestination only appears in the new Testament 4 times. None of the 4 words are related to anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Nanja

Show me one scripture that says... "And God predestinated them or him to hell" There is nothing.

If predestination were true the Bible would say..."And God predestinated Esau to hell" Or "God predestinated Judas to hell". There is NOTHING.

If predestination were true the Bible would be full of it. The word predestination only appears in the new Testament 4 times. None of the 4 words are related to anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

The word predestinated as in Eph. 1:5, is the Gr. word proorizō:

1. to predetermine, decide beforehand

2. in the NT of God decreeing from eternity

3. to foreordain, appoint beforehand

Those in 1 Pet. 2:8 were appointed to disobedience.

Those in Rom. 9:22 were fitted [prepared, or foreordained] for destruction.

Those in Jude 1:4 were ordained to condemnation

All of these are a sampling of those which were always outside of God's Grace and Mercy.

The Truths of TULIP:

Total Depravity and inability spiritually of the natural man
Unconditional Election of Grace of only a remnant out of mankind
Limited and particular atonement for only some out of mankind
Irresistible Grace or Effectual Call of only some out of mankind
Preservation or perseverance of the Saints to the end by God's Power and Grace

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

beloved57

In Salvation the World is always the Elect!

beloved57

Speaking against the scripture and the Gospel in unbelief! You deny that Christ death saved sinners He died for! More unbelief!