Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Robert Pate

Banned
You do not start threads, Robert. You post articles. Starting a thread assumes you actually are willing and able to stand still and substantively defend your posts. You are not willing, nor are you able. :AMR:

AMR

Why don't you start a thread that says... "Thank God That I Am Not A Goat" like others are.

Eagles Wings

Robert can slide around moderation by hanging out in the Religion forum and posting this sort of nonsense. He is fully aware that such false witness would not be tolerated in the ECT forum. Such is exactly how slippery he has become.

AMR
Agree, which is why ignoring him is most profitable for me.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A most favored verse and blessed assurance of Christ's atonement for believers.

There is no peace for those who labor for God's favor.
Yeppers.
Grace is not earned.
If grace could be earned, then it is debt and no longer grace.

Romans 11:6 KJV
(6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

2 Timothy 1:9 KJV
(9) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Romans 4:4-5 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned
You do not start threads, Robert. You post articles. You blog. Starting a thread assumes you actually are willing and able to stand still and substantively defend your posts. You are not willing, nor are you able. :AMR:

AMR

I stand in defense of the Gospel and justification by faith.

In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. It is all of God and his Son Jesus Christ.

amber59

Who believes is the bible word of God? His sheep. They hear his voice. Right!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Faith that is alive is faith that is accompanied with right action.

See James 2.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Faith that is alive is faith that is accompanied with right action.

See James 2.

You want to add works to the Gospel. We are justified by faith and by faith alone. On the day of Pentecost 8,000 unbelieving Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.