BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Man Nin, we gave him the old double whammy that time! :D

His "correction" and "edification" are downright insulting. His judgments are, at best, hypocrisy. I truly wish he would find the name of his god/dess(es) so he would cease misusing the Name of our Lord. Kimberlyann decided to be honest about her beliefs, after all this time, it seems dave would grow weary serving a God he never agrees with. Obviously he finds more in common with a "spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager" than he does with Scripture.

dave,

You win.

The Lake is exactly as you believe your god/dess(es) lead you to believe it is. Just as you serve the god/dess(es) that promise you there are birds in heaven, so to believe exactly as you expect to hear about Judgment, Justice, and Punishment.

...except...

Please don't imply it's the Creator God of the Bible.

Ecumenicist

His "correction" and "edification" are downright insulting. His judgments are, at best, hypocrisy. I truly wish he would find the name of his god/dess(es) so he would cease misusing the Name of our Lord. Kimberlyann decided to be honest about her beliefs, after all this time, it seems dave would grow weary serving a God he never agrees with. Obviously he finds more in common with a "spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager" than he does with Scripture.

dave,

You win.

The Lake is exactly as you believe your god/dess(es) lead you to believe it is. Just as you serve the god/dess(es) that promise you there are birds in heaven, so to believe exactly as you expect to hear about Judgment, Justice, and Punishment.

...except...

Please don't imply it's the Creator God of the Bible.

I don't imply, I state outright,

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth,
And His only begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontious Pilate. Was Crucified, dead and buried.

On the third day He arose from the dead, and He sitteth at the
right hand of God the Father. From thence He shall judge the quick and
the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy catholic church, the communion of
saints, the forgiveness of sins, and the life everlasting.

Amen.

And I'm not so good at spelling faroe.

Aimiel

the dead.

Amen.

Professing all these things and yet being a self-absorbed New Age hippy following a false god who doesn't even exist doesn't make you Christian, just a liar who's deluded.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth reigns

Truth reigns

Obviously he finds more in common with a "spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager" than he does with Scripture.

Hi Nin,

Bringing up some creative name-denominations from my profile is a weak and childish tactic. (PK tried it too). I am not ashamed to stand up for truth/justice/love/wisdom/light as I see it, and do so 'freely'.

The principles and sound philosophical reasoning based on the practice of true justice and mercy,...mediated by a Deity thru the government of His Infinite Love and Wisdom stand as eternal truths (as previously expounded).

Also ganging up on DM like this is a tag-team rally is also egoic and still does nothing to commend your version of 'God' who tortures souls for all eternity beyond remedy...which is senseless, pointless, illogical and contrary to the very purpose of Life/Love. One day those whose vision and knowledge of God have been so distorted will get a better Vision of Love and justice....but in the meantime they must bear such 'beliefs' until greater Light and wisdom comes.

About the fruits DM mentioned about PK bearing - will....those who have the Spirit will bear the fruits of the Spirit, the primary harvest is Love. (love expressing in all a persons ways, manners and dealings with others which includes our very interactions here on this forum) - charges, accusations, name-calling, demeaning remarks, sarcasm are egotistical meanderings and not the fruit of the Spirit. So one should be careful of claiming to know God and his ways, when manifesting in manners contrary to such Spirit.

Even so....the Infinitude of Gods Love and His Supreme Will of Life does REIGN in the Universe ultimately. TRUE Justice IS the mediation and restoration of all souls back to God and their fulfilling the purpose of their being, the real cause of the celebration of JOY. - to imply that Gods true justice is dooming conscious souls forever in a state of abject torment and agony with no hope to ever progress beyond such a state is a gross and tragic distortion showing an ingorance of the very character of God and the principles of Life.

paul

Aimiel

I've never thought of Dave as Christian, more like a flower-child of the 'Jesus' movement, which had more to do with drugs and 'free love' than The Lord. It's always, "I know better than God, He has to do as I believe," instead of, "Nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done. :dunce:

Aimiel

Hi Nin,

Bringing up some creative name-denominations from my profile (spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager) is a weak and childish tactic. (PK tried it too). I am not ashamed to stand up for truth/justice/love/wisdom/light as I see it, and do so 'freely'.
The problem is: there is no truth, justice, love, wisdom or light available from being a: spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian / universalist, spiritual scientist or cosmic voyager. The Way to Heaven is Jesus. He is The One and Only Way!!! The Truth about God is Jesus. He is The Only Truth!!! The Only Eternal Life is Jesus!!! You're following demons, not angels. Lying spirits, not The Spirit of Truth. You're lost!!! Wake up, man. :bang:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
This is about divine Will and the purpose of life(Love)

This is about divine Will and the purpose of life(Love)

Absolutely. See, easy to answer simply.

Is God's righteousness infinite, eternal, & forever?

Consider then your affirmation of Gods Love being INFINITE, eternal and forever. That Love never changes. Gods constitution is immutable. His Love for all souls then never changes. It is all-encompassing, pervading, eternally active. I contend it prevails at last.....unless individual free will has the power to forever undo its divine and controlling powers. Still,...God is greater, and His Infinite goodness and Love ever prevail to call souls back Home. This was a primary purpose for Jesus coming...to reconcile the world back to himself. (all things in heaven and earth)

Sure Gods righteousness is forever....but this doesnt nullify His divine and eternal Love and Will, whose very heart-beat and pulse of heavenly longing is the reform, return and rehabilitation of all his offspring. Would you deny the Power of Love? - the very power that brought a living Savior to us, to further call us back home into the kingdom of God? - whose Fathers will is that not any perish? Does Gods Love die, go out like a spark...for sinners? Life is greater than death, Love greater than fear......Light than darkness. The Will that undergirds the fabric of Creation is SUPREME.

Would you as a father subject your children to eternal punishment and torment FOREVER with no remedy or hope of reform or rehabilition???? Throw them in a dungeon and toss the keys......let them rot forever. Would you do that? Would you do that even to people you didnt know and were not your near of kin, but still were part of the human family? - without knowing their soul or heart and potential toward life...would you condemn them to eternal punishment? - even if one was convicted of being a murderer and found guilty - would you condemn them to eternal punishment (lets see...Moses, David, Paul...and others murdered or were party to such crimes....list could go on as far as sins go). If you couldnt punish your children for eternity, or other persons for such duration of time....how could you suppose the God of Love could? - it is a grave mistake and sin to charge to God behavior that even an earthly father would be incapable of doing.

As a 'pastor' I would hope that you are a beacon of Love and Light...and not a purveyor of eternal doom, torment and wrath. As far as sin goes...we each bear our load - 'God is not mocked - what a man sows..that also shall he reap' - (the law of compensation). That is what we ought to be about....living in the present...living in a way in concert with Gods laws...for the sake of their own goodness...sowing unto the Spirit. Living the love of God which is the fulfilling of the Law. This Love is Life......whose innate power is infinite and eternal. This Love universally includes All...absolutely. This Love is ABSOLUTE.

Gods Will upholds the reconciliation, restoration of all beings to Himself.....the cosmic chord and harmony of all Life. When all are restored to 'righteousness'...they will have 'peace' and Joy. Christ in us...the hope of glory!
This is the Will of Life, the apex of Love, the zenith of our purpose of being. God will not be satisfied with nothing less....and surely will not condemn souls forever in a state where they could not progress and fulfill their divine purpose. As shared before.....Life does not negate its own principle or law.

paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love stronger than death

Love stronger than death

The problem is: there is no truth, justice, love, wisdom or light available from being a: spiritualist, gnostic, philosopher, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian / universalist, spiritual scientist or cosmic voyager. The Way to Heaven is Jesus. He is The One and Only Way!!! The Truth about God is Jesus. He is The Only Truth!!! The Only Eternal Life is Jesus!!! You're following demons, not angels. Lying spirits, not The Spirit of Truth. You're lost!!! Wake up, man. :bang:

This has nothing to with being a 'whatever' - I could add more to a fun creative list - 'charasmatic, free spiritist, free thinker, transcendentalist, explorer, metaphysician, theosophist, whatever. (Space is my playground and the Universe is my school). This diversionary tactic is pointless and ignorant. - lets deal with the issues at hand. What is the subject at hand....has been explained and elaborated on the issues concerning divine justice/mercy mediated thru the Infinity of Gods Love and Wisdom. - which seeds have so far hit rocky ground, some strangled already with the weeds of distortion. Gods Love remains and His Will for each and every one of his creations reamins inviolate. The beliefs that God violates his own law of life and his own Love...denying his creatures any hope of salvation but to have their potential for progress, reform, betterment, ascension forever squelched beyond salvation is wholly repungnant and could not be accepted by any rational person. Whoever holds to such a God naturally reflects in their own psychology similar distortions.

Also your repetitive judgements carry on like so many parrots, repeating the same ole charges. That those who do not have views like your own are 'of the devil', 'in darkness', 'deceived', 'demonic', etc. etc. God Himself and his Spirit of Truth shall vindicate the true bearers of His LIGHT. - and most of those who in the habit of calling others 'messengers of satan' will find that the themselves were ignorant before they came to greater Light and Wisdom in the things of truth.

paul

Nineveh

Merely Christian

the dead.

Amen.

No, you don't "imply", you chant a mantra. I could do that too, well before I repented and turned to Christ.

What you "state[d] outright" was that you submitted to a god/dess(es) that promised you there were birds in heaven.

...from there you got...

Homosexuality isn't an issue of sexual perversion, but of monogamy.
God's gender is ambiguous.
God sins.
There is no eternal lake of fire.
The freedom to name your own sins.
The ability to agree with almost any pagan.
And the ability to disagree with the Creator.

PKevman

freelight said:
Consider then your affirmation of Gods Love being INFINITE, eternal and forever.

Yes and so are His righteousness and holiness. So are His judgments.

That Love never changes.

Indeed once you have God's love in your life it never changes. He will always love you. The problem is that not everyone ACCEPTS God's love, Freelight. Many, many utterly reject it. And God's love is not what saves us, it is Jesus Christ that saves us. God does not save apart from Jesus Christ. God showed His great love to mankind by sending Jesus Christ to die on the cross. Rejecting His Son is rejecting God's love. Period.

Gods constitution is immutable.

Can you provide the Scripture verse that states this? God's "Constitution"? Constitution is a word that generally means what makes up something or someone, or can also be used to describe overall health. Please explain briefly what you mean by God's constitution is immutable, and where in Scripture you see this.

His Love for all souls then never changes. It is all-encompassing, pervading, eternally active. I contend it prevails at last.....unless individual free will has the power to forever undo its divine and controlling powers. Still,...God is greater, and His Infinite goodness and Love ever prevail to call souls back Home. This was a primary purpose for Jesus coming...to reconcile the world back to himself. (all things in heaven and earth)

Some questions:

1. Where is sin in your equation Freelight?
2. Does God love sin?
3. Do you know HOW God feels about sin?
4. Do you know that the Bible also describes God hating?
5. Do you believe that a God of love is also capable of hate?

freelight said:
Sure Gods righteousness is forever

Amen it is! And God's righteousness&holiness is what leads Him to judge the wicked! God does not love wickedness, but rather righteousness:

Psalm 11:7

For the LORD is righteous,He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.

God will judge the world in righteousness!

Psalm 9:8
He shall judge the world in righteousness, And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.

He SHALL administer judgment! He SHALL judge the world in righteousness!

Righteousness and judgment are the FOUNDATION of God's throne! (Psalm 89:14, 97:2)

And man is NOT righteous:

Isaiah 64:6
6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

....but this doesnt nullify His divine and eternal Love and Will,

God hates sin Freelight. No amount of twisting can change that sir.

And yet the Bible says that God's love was demonstrated for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us! You cannot reject God's sacrifice for your sins and expect to find hope in anything else or in anyone else. Not in metaphysical mumbo jumbo, and not in Universalism!

Would you as a father subject your children to eternal punishment and torment FOREVER with no remedy or hope of reform or rehabilition????

This was already refuted earlier, and you are again making an argument that is based on a fallacy.

Freelight please supply where exactly it is that I have stated that God subjects HIS CHILDREN to eternal punishment?

Throw them in a dungeon and toss the keys......let them rot forever. Would you do that? Would you do that even to people you didnt know and were not your near of kin, but still were part of the human family? - without knowing their soul or heart and potential toward life...would you condemn them to eternal punishment? -

I am not a holy and righteous God who hates sin. I am a man who has had my sins forgiven by the grace of God. God has never sinned, and God cannot have sin in His presence. So a person's sin has to be paid for. Christ paid for their sins, and if they choose to accept His payment, they receive forgivenness. If they reject His payment for their sins, they have no hope! The question here isn't what I would do anyway. The question is what does God do? He doesn't give sin a free pass!

even if one was convicted of being a murderer and found guilty - would you condemn them to eternal punishment (lets see...Moses, David, Paul...and others murdered or were party to such crimes....list could go on as far as sins go).

Moses, David, Paul all repented! If you don't repent you have no hope to pay for a single sin, let alone murder! It's not as if God gave them free passes for their murder!

If you couldnt punish your children for eternity, or other persons for such duration of time....how could you suppose the God of Love could? - it is a grave mistake and sin to charge to God behavior that even an earthly father would be incapable of doing.

I'm gonna make you a deal Freelight:
If you can supply ONE SINGLE INSTANCE where I have said God punishes His children for all eternity, then I will not only concede this debate, I will leave Theology Online with my tail between my legs and never return! But if you cannot supply that quote, then you should stop making this argument!

As a 'pastor' I would hope that you are a beacon of Love and Light

That is my prayer every Sunday when I preach and teach God's Word. To share God's love with everyone I know, and to encourage people to repent and give their hearts to the Lord!

and not a purveyor of eternal doom, torment and wrath.

Eternal torment of the wicked is in the Word of God, and so I teach it because I will not compromise on truth!

As far as sin goes...we each bear our load

I see so we save ourselves? We forgive our own sins?

- 'God is not mocked

Yet you mock Him with your false doctrine.

Gods Will upholds the reconciliation, restoration of all beings to Himself.....the cosmic chord and harmony of all Life. When all are restored to 'righteousness'...they will have 'peace' and Joy. Christ in us...the hope of glory!
This is the Will of Life, the apex of Love, the zenith of our purpose of being. God will not be satisfied with nothing less....and surely will not condemn souls forever in a state where they could not progress and fulfill their divine purpose. As shared before.....Life does not negate its own principle or law.

paul

When you start talking about cosmic chords and such you are crossing over into mumbo jumbo!

I pray you will come to the knowledge of the truth before it is too late.

God bless.

PKevman

Cut and paste is "childish"? Since when?

Look, cosmic voyager, if that list you have sounds silly, just remember who put it there.

I know. I simply quoted his own profile. He is the one that came up with those titles for himself.

PKevman

No, you don't "imply", you chant a mantra. I could do that too, well before I repented and turned to Christ.

What you "state[d] outright" was that you submitted to a god/dess(es) that promised you there were birds in heaven.

...from there you got...

Homosexuality isn't an issue of sexual perversion, but of monogamy.
God's gender is ambiguous.
God sins.
There is no eternal lake of fire.
The freedom to name your own sins.
The ability to agree with almost any pagan.
And the ability to disagree with the Creator.

Plus, Jesus said:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven"
And: "And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"
(See Matthew 7:21-23)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Benedictions...........

Benedictions...........

Hi PK and all,

I've shared my view that all souls are Gods 'offspring' so any souls that are subject to eternal punishment are in fact Gods creations/offspring (still they do qualify as his sons and daughters by original creation). In a UR paradigm.....all enter into divine Sonship by being reunited with God....so that Christ is all in all. So...in a UR purview...the whole concept of eternal punishment has no place in light of the Restoration of All.....besides the basic injustice and other implications of its renderings.

I believe ample coverage from the original debate with logos_x and PK, plus my own extensive commentary of 'my views' on divine justice/mercy and the mediation of Gods salvation have been covered enough to inspire any readers to review the sharings and take what is valuable and true for them, discarding that which does not agree with their own conscience, logic, reason and intelligence. God would never ask anyone to accept anything that violated these, for he gave these faculties within the soul of Man so he might come to know his divine laws and what is right and wrong.

We shall let the truth of these matters prove themselves in time and eternity, and let Widsom be justified by her children.

With that,.....let each go by the light of their own Soul in these matters. Remember the letter kills but the Spirit gives Life, and it is the Spirit of Truth which guides us....not a book of letters alone, or a particular canon assembled by Man. God alone is teacher, guide and leader. Those who belong to Christ will be known by the fruits of their Love....and not just some by orthodox doctrine or dogma. Wisdom is a Tree of Life to those who find her.....and the Spirit is continually unfolding revelation to those attendant.

We come back to the Law of compensation and the import of living as spiritually conscious beings NOW. - for we reap what we sow....here and hereafter. Concerning knowing God....the pure in heart shall see Him.

I have other studies that beg my attention at the moment so I wish this thread well.

> Leaving the thread .

Peace to all,

paul

Aimiel

That those who do not have views like your own are 'of the devil', 'in darkness', 'deceived', 'demonic', etc. etc.
The darkness you're in which is masquarading as light hasn't fooled anyone but yourself.
God Himself and his Spirit of Truth shall vindicate the true bearers of His LIGHT.
Quite right.
- and most of those who in the habit of calling others 'messengers of satan' will find that (they) themselves were ignorant before they came to greater Light and Wisdom in the things of truth.
The Word of God is far greater light and wisdom than any of your foolish darkness cults have ever produced. You need to get saved. If you don't repent before then, you'll still need to get saved tomorrow, if you're still alive.

Aimiel

Wisdom is a Tree of Life to those who find her.....and the Spirit is continually unfolding revelation to those attendant.
We'll miss you. :cry:
You're right, The Spirit of The Lord does unfold revelation to those who attend His Kingdom. You're invited. Why not enter in? We'll pray that you will. :cheers:

Ecumenicist

Plus, Jesus said:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven"
And: "And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"
(See Matthew 7:21-23)

You who practice lawlessness? Where does that come from?

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Rev 22:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

I'm praying for you, dude, and the people you lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.