BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecumenicist

What sin? Certainly not homosexuality. Oh... you must mean all the "sins" you label. Guess what? God isn't going to judge by your standard. You really should become familiar with the God of the Bible Who already laid down the Law.

Here's the list of commandments that Jesus referred to. I go by His standards.

Matt 5:22 - avoid anger

Matt 5:21 - don't lust

Matt 5:31 don't divorce

Matt 5:33 do not swear oaths

Mat 5:38 be generous with those who would do evil against you

Matt 5:43 love your enemies

Matt 6 - give, pray, and fast in secret, and serve God first, not wealth

Matt 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Matt 7:12 - the golden rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

[/QUOTE]
Oops... dave forgot again... Jesus said the greatest of the commandments was to Love God First. When you forget to do that, then you wind up making up sins and ignoring the real ones.
I never forgot. You forget that our love for God is demonstrated through how we treat people
in need, not by how much we hate homosexual people.

Not really. The point is sin is real and it separates us from God. If we are in sin, we can do none of the above, if we are in Christ, we know loving God comes first, that means listening to Him on the topic of what is and is not sin.

Yes, really!!! The point is here and now, trusting in God, living in the Spirit, loving, being kind
and praying for others, even as we want others to be kind and pray for us, this is the point.

You still do not grasp dispensationalism do you?

The doctrine of the changing god? Nope. Never will.

Really, life begins at birth is a lie? I thought you've given birth! Were you there?

And death begins at the age of accountability. (Rom 7)

Which verses are you referring to?

You forgot to mention either A. one can be seperated for that eternity if they don't want to be with God, or B. one has all of eternity to decide if they want to be with God, so it really doesn't matter what one does here and now, it all ends the same for everyone.

A. Already seperated here and now, or B. Already living in the Kingdom here and now...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Here's the list of commandments that Jesus referred to. I go by His standards.

I'm sorry you missed that whole OT thing.

Matt 5:22 - avoid anger

But that's not what it says: "whoever is angry with his brother without a cause..."

Matt 5:21 - don't lust

But that's not what it says: “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ "

Matt 5:31 don't divorce

Let's add the verse you skipped: "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality..."

Must I continue? Dave, the God of the OT is the God of the NT. He didn't change His mind. You really need to get familiar with the God of the Bible if you propose to speak in His Name.

I never forgot. You forget that our love for God is demonstrated through how we treat people
in need, not by how much we hate homosexual people.

Dave, you always forget the "Love God first" part. That allows you to make up what Love is as you go along. God's Love and your love aren't the same, even when you misquote and take Him out of context like you just did above.

Yes, really!!! The point is here and now, trusting in God, living in the Spirit, loving, being kind
and praying for others, even as we want others to be kind and pray for us, this is the point.

Wow... looks like another mantra.

The doctrine of the changing god? Nope. Never will.

Perhaps you should get familiar with it, since you just proved you have no idea what that word means or the concept behind it.

Really, life begins at birth is a lie? I thought you've given birth! Were you there?

Life begins at conception.

Which verses are you referring to?

Really dave, I gave you the book and the chapter. You could use reading that whole chapter to find it. Maybe then you would understand it in context. It might remove your leeway to twist it though.

A. Already seperated here and now, or B. Already living in the Kingdom here and now...

So sayeth Dave, chapter 13 v 6.

Aimiel

Nope, but that's no excuse for disregarding Christ's other commandments.
I never said that it was, but then again, neither is logic or reason an excuse for inventing a false god to follow, breaking the first commandment, which Christ, too, emphasized:

Matthew 22:36-38 KJV:
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

Exodus 20:2-17
I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Jesus called the first commandment the: "great commandment." I don't believe that it was listed first and called 'great' by Jesus for no reason. I believe it is important that we need to be careful about worshipping a false image in our minds of a god that doesn't really exist. Doing so obviously leads to serious error.

Jesus warned us of the danger:

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Oh look... someone who really doesn't want to be with God...

I do not believe its fair to expect that everyone will want repentence to the christian god or even want to go to his heaven. Perhaps it is just since I was old enough to understand christianity I denounced it and never had the blueprint lain in my mind that its "the right thing", never one second out of any day do I ever remember wanting anything to do with "God". I do not believe its fair that christians assume that everyone will one day want to be a member of their herd. Satan reached out to me at that young age I believe and set me on the path to find my true self because he believed I was intelligent and strong willed enough to accomplish it. Yet, the Holy Bible does speak against homosexuality, and I admit it baffles my mind when I meet a christian homosexual, but that is their progative and really none of my business.
Sorry Evil, but you will be with God, the universalists demand it.

Ecumenicist

Oh look... someone who really doesn't want to be with God...

Sorry Evil, but you will be with God, the universalists demand it.

More accurately, God is with you, loving you, calling to you, whether you are consciously
aware of it or not. One day you will become aware of that call, and in response to it, find
true and lasting peace and joy.

Ecumenicist

I never said that it was, but then again, neither is logic or reason an excuse for inventing a false god to follow, breaking the first commandment, which Christ, too, emphasized:

Matthew 22:36-38 KJV:
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

... and love thy neighbor, all the other commandments are contained in this.

Love of God is expressed through love of neighbor, for when we help those who are
in need, we are helping Jesus.

Exodus 20:2-17
I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Jesus called the first commandment the: "great commandment." I don't believe that it was listed first and called 'great' by Jesus for no reason. I believe it is important that we need to be careful about worshipping a false image in our minds of a god that doesn't really exist. Doing so obviously leads to serious error.

Jesus warned us of the danger:

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Once again, the commandments Jesus referred to were those given by Him in the
Sermon on the mount. Loving neighbor, loving enemies, not harboring anger, forgiving...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
More accurately, God is with you, loving you, calling to you, whether you are consciously
aware of it or not. One day you will become aware of that call, and in response to it, find
true and lasting peace and joy.

Or... s/he could just simply reject it... even "age during".

PKevman

Despite attacks, the fact remains that God's Word clearly teaches the eternal fate of unbelievers who reject the grace of God and refuse to accept the way out He provided for their sins.

If a person dies in their sins and refuses Christ's payment for them he has no hope, and will spend eternity apart from God in the Lake of Fire.

We as Christians need to be obsessed, obsessed, obsessed, with warning people to avoid going there! Unfortunately, too many Christians are more worried about the comforts and cares of this life and they do not think of all the people around them who are going to hell.

Wake up Christians and get busy telling others about Jesus Christ!

Balder

Despite attacks, the fact remains that God's Word clearly teaches the eternal fate of unbelievers who reject the grace of God and refuse to accept the way out He provided for their sins.

If a person dies in their sins and refuses Christ's payment for them he has no hope, and will spend eternity apart from God in the Lake of Fire.

We as Christians need to be obsessed, obsessed, obsessed, with warning people to avoid going there! Unfortunately, too many Christians are more worried about the comforts and cares of this life and they do not think of all the people around them who are going to hell.

I think you should be more concerned about the goodness of any Deity who would do that to sentient beings.

Redfin

You see!

Despite the fact that this very thread was apparently consigned to the eternal darkness of "dead threads," it has been resurrected (and by PK of all people) and there is still a hope of life for it!

Hallelujah!

:chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:up: I agree

In Proverbs chapter eleven and verse thirty Solomon states -

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.

Ezekiel 3:18-19
When I say to the wicked, "You shall surely die," and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Ezekiel 3:21
Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.

Ezekiel 33:7-9
So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

To those who now tell others of Jesus, and to those who are considering telling others about Jesus -

Of those people who listen and accept Jesus Chrsit as their savior, I do not believe the Word of God has ever misled a single person yet.

- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

Ecumenicist

Glad to see you're still struggling with this PK.

Now relax.

Obsessing about saving others won't save everyone. I'm sure you've experienced
for yourself the frustration of trying to threaten, cajole, scare, and beg people to come to
Christ because of your own caring concern about their eternal well being.

Only God can save, through Jesus Christ. God is Loving, God is Merciful, God is full of
Grace, trust in God. We do our part here and now, but only God can save.

Obsessing comes from a lack of trust in God, trying to bear the responsibility for the
salvation of the world upon our limited, human shoulders. Christ took that burdon upon
Himself.

red77

I'm sorry pastor but if it was so 'clear' this thread wouldnt have reached the myriad post count it currently has, eternal torment is anything but clear even to those who believe in it, yesterday in the city centre there was an evangelical group who were preaching and they didn't even know what the lake of fire was when asked, they couldn't answer as to whether hell was the actual grave or a physical or metaphorical realm either, the only thing that were in atual agreement on was that they didn't know what these places were, so if it's all so clear there's a lot of confusion.......

I dont expect this thread to return to anything but the obvious brick wall it turned into several pages ago, you're as convinced that ET has to exist as several of us are convinced that it isn't....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I dont expect this thread to return to anything but the obvious brick wall it turned into several pages ago, you're as convinced that ET has to exist as several of us are convinced that it isn't....
Universalist's are the wall, and you are just one brick in it.

Any numbskull can refuse to accept any clear teaching and then later claim "see, it's not clear is it???"

What you have done is no great accomplishment, and in the end the one that loses the most is you.

Ecumenicist

Universalist's are the wall, and you are just one brick in it.

Any numbskull can refuse to accept any clear teaching and then later claim "see, it's not clear is it???"

What you have done is no great accomplishment, and in the end the one that loses the most is you.

You mean clear teachings like "Love your neighbor," "Love your enemies," "God is Love?"
coupled with "Be perfect even as God is Perfect" in the same context?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
You mean clear teachings like "Love your neighbor," "Love your enemies," "God is Love?"
coupled with "Be perfect even as God is Perfect" in the same context?

Oops... dave forgot... ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ ...again....

Dave, perhaps you keep forgetting this part because you so want to be able to define love by your own measure... sort of like you do with sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.