BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

Translation: Ridicule, villification, and derision are the only options available for
supporting the wacked-out theology known as ET.

This in itself reveals how much "truth" is in this doctrine. These are the fruits of
the Accuser, not the Advocate, nor the Holy Spirit.

And in the process are you not making accusations against me? Ridiculing me? Deriding me? Hypocrite!

My statement stands. The website he posted is garbage because it is based on human reasoning and not on truth. It is based on the whole "God is not fair if people are sent to the Lake of Fire for all eternity" argument. That is at the center of it. I don't need to spend anymore time with it because first of all Freelight has admitted he goes outside the Bible to find the answers he is looking for, and secondly because he is not in fact here to discuss the issues at all, but to provide commericals for Universalism.

Aimiel

The Word of God is What reveals how much Truth is in The Word of God, and the sound doctrine of torment by everlasting fire stands while universalism wavers and falls, due to being a heretical invention, rather than being revealed by Scripture.

PKevman

The Word of God is What reveals how much Truth is in The Word of God, and the sound doctrine of torment by everlasting fire stands while universalism wavers and falls, due to being a heretical invention, rather than being revealed by Scripture.

Well said Aimiel!

PKevman

Translation: Ridicule, villification, and derision are the only options available for

This in itself reveals how much "truth" is in this doctrine. These are the fruits of

He says these things of himself:
Freelight's OWN profile said:
spiritualist, gnostic, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager

These are not things that are supported by the true light of Scripture Dave. God reveals Himself to us through Scripture, not through metaphysical mumbo jumbo Dave.

Aimiel

When I first started reading TOL, I simply couldn't believe how many people who professed to be Christian believed the lie of universalism. It still amazes me, to this very day.

Ecumenicist

And in the process are you not making accusations against me? Ridiculing me? Deriding me? Hypocrite!

My statement stands. The website he posted is garbage because it is based on human reasoning and not on truth. It is based on the whole "God is not fair if people are sent to the Lake of Fire for all eternity" argument. That is at the center of it. I don't need to spend anymore time with it because first of all Freelight has admitted he goes outside the Bible to find the answers he is looking for, and secondly because he is not in fact here to discuss the issues at all, but to provide commericals for Universalism.

How dare I accuse the accuser?

How dare you accuse the accusing of the accuser!

At least your accusations are equal opportunity, they apply against scriptural, logical,
moral, and ethical arguments equally.

Ecumenicist

These are not things that are supported by the true light of Scripture Dave. God reveals Himself to us through Scripture, not through metaphysical mumbo jumbo Dave.

How about guiding people to the truth rather than driving them away from it?

Ecumenicist

You'd rather offer this pathetic reply than to get familiar with the material you wanted to dicuss? Have it your way, dave. Can't say I'm shocked by your attitude.

Present your argument with scriptural evidence like a civilized human being and we may talk.

I won't play your game of "guess which scripture I'm referencing so I can call you pathetic."

Its manipulative and silly.

PKevman

How about guiding people to the truth rather than driving them away from it?

Amen! That is what I do practically every day of my life Dave. I teach and preach the Bible, which is the ULTIMATE source of truth. And not the metaphysical mumbo jumbo that folks like yourself and Freelight spout off!

Aimiel

The way that universalists believe they have God all 'figured out' reminds me of the Jews, and even non-Trinitarian 'Christians' who say, "God couldn't be A Man, He's Spirit."

Ecumenicist

The way that universalists believe they have God all 'figured out' reminds me of the Jews, and even non-Trinitarian 'Christians' who say, "God couldn't be A Man, He's Spirit."

I believe that Jesus Christ lived in the flesh, was crucified, dead, and buried, and on the
third day He arose, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father.

Anyone who claims to have God "figured out" reveals their ignorance.

Ecumenicist

Amen! That is what I do practically every day of my life Dave. I teach and preach the Bible, which is the ULTIMATE source of truth. And not the metaphysical mumbo jumbo that folks like yourself and Freelight spout off!

Does the Holy Spirit have anything to do with the truth that you teach and preach?

Here's a scenario to consider:

1. One person claims that the Holy Spirit leads him (or her) to interpret Scripture such that
God is a vindictive monster, casting billions of people into eternal torment, from
which there is no escape.

2. A second person claims that the Holy Spirit leads her (or him) to interpret Scripture
such that God is ultimately loving and merciful, leading all people to healing and
wholeness and restoration in His Presence through His Grace and Sacrifice on humanity's
behalf.

Which interpretation is authentic?

Nineveh

Merely Christian

How very judgmental of you dave.

Who's accusing? Looks like you are. Hypocrite.

It must have just been easier to judge PK than to get familiar with the Bible so you can have a coherent dialog on this thread.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Present your argument with scriptural evidence like a civilized human being and we may talk.

You don't even remember what we were going to discuss, do you?

Its manipulative and silly.

You act as if we have never debated. I know your MO. I do your homework, then you either disappear like you did last week, or come back with something completely idiotic (you included a handy example to PK: "How dare I accuse the accuser? How dare you accuse the accusing of the accuser! At least your accusations are equal opportunity, they apply against scriptural, logical, moral, and ethical arguments equally.")

You are so ignorant of Scripture, you don't even know what you are saying here. You even confuse yourself.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Does the Holy Spirit have anything to do with the truth that you teach and preach?

Here's a scenario to consider:

1. One person claims that the Holy Spirit leads him (or her) to interpret Scripture such that
God is a vindictive monster, casting billions of people into eternal torment, from
which there is no escape.

2. A second person claims that the Holy Spirit leads her (or him) to interpret Scripture
such that God is ultimately loving and merciful, leading all people to healing and
wholeness and restoration in His Presence through His Grace and Sacrifice on humanity's
behalf.

Really dave.

I hope PK and Aimiel let this silly exercise just sit here.

You don't even grasp basic Christianity 101, yet you keep wanting to correct and edify. You can't correct if you don't know what's wrong. You want to sink your teeth into the meat while you're gagging on the milk.

PKevman

DaveMiller said:

Yes. He inspired the Bible Dave. He lives in me Dave.

1. One person claims that the Holy Spirit leads him (or her) to interpret Scripture such that God is a vindictive monster, casting billions of people into eternal torment, from which there is no escape.

Believing that God judges people for their sins for all eternity does not make HIM a vindictive monster. That is YOUR interpretation Dave. You cannot even make an illustration without adding your interpretation to that illustration. You have never heard me say that God is a vindictive monster. Your heart is hard!

Secondly, I have never said that believing WHAT the Bible SAYS clearly is an interpretation. This isn't even about interpretation. It is about do you take what the Bible says at face value or not? Do you accept what the Word of God says, or do you attempt to explain away the things that don't fit into your theology?

2. A second person claims that the Holy Spirit leads her (or him) to interpret Scripture such that God is ultimately loving and merciful, leading all people to healing and wholeness and restoration in His Presence through His Grace and Sacrifice on humanity's behalf.

That second person would be even more wrong than the first person in your illustration Dave. Because Scripture teaches that those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life are cast into the Lake of Fire and will spend all eternity there.

Neither. Both are wrongly stated and both are deceived. Anyone who would say that God is a vindictive monster would get shut off instantly by someone who is a Biblical Christian. Vindictive monsters don't sacrifice their only Son on a cross for their enemies to give their enemies a chance to have a relationship with them. That is NOT the actions of a vindictive monster.

Do you have anything productive to add to this discussion Dave?

PKevman

Really dave.

I hope PK and Aimiel let this silly exercise just sit here.

You don't even grasp basic Christianity 101, yet you keep wanting to correct and edify. You can't correct if you don't know what's wrong. You want to sink your teeth into the meat while you're gagging on the milk.

Indeed Maybe I should have left it, but the funny thing is that BOTH of the people in his illustration were wrong.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Indeed Maybe I should have left it, but the funny thing is that BOTH of the people in his illustration were wrong.

Look who set up the scenario...

Let's get back to the topic, please. Dave's rabbit trails could take this thread miles and miles away...

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Supreme Will undergirds All Life

The Supreme Will undergirds All Life

The website he posted is garbage because it is based on human reasoning and not on truth. It is based on the whole "God is not fair if people are sent to the Lake of Fire for all eternity" argument. That is at the center of it. I don't need to spend anymore time with it because first of all Freelight has admitted he goes outside the Bible to find the answers he is looking for, and secondly because he is not in fact here to discuss the issues at all, but to provide commericals for Universalism.

Actually the christian-universalism site is an awesome and extensive resource center and includes much more than your presumption made above. Universalism has many other supports that concur with Gods Justice and His Amazing Love.

Indeed,....the revelation of 'God' is everywhere....being the ground, base, root of All That exists. Gods signature is not only in ones heart & soul,...but pervades the entire Universe(s) and Nature. God gave man a conscience, logic, intelligence and reason...and he would never violate these principles in his dealings with his creatures...the laws that govern their existence and progress.

Starting with my first post....I touched on many supportive logics and rationale heralding the Ultimacy of Love and the Triumph of divine Will.

Logos_x has covered the scriptural supports from a 'biblical' perspective, and the philosophical dimensions I expound further fortifies that the Love of God ultimately prevails. Our Loving Father in the heavens waits patiently for ALL his prodigal sons to return Home. If anyone denies that,.....they must not know their Father...who is Infinite Love. - this is actually the fundamental revelation that is surpassed by those who cling to the doctrine of ECT, believing God imposes upon his childrens souls everlasting torment with no hope for salvation.....ever. Teaching like this which repels most people with half a conscience....further drive people away from a theology and church that hold such a belief....because it does not agree with the basic laws of justice or mercy. It slanders the 'true' God like no other doctrine.

I have discussed my issues (see first and previous posts) which support Universal Salvation ultimately for all Gods children and I only once so far...shared Eric Stetsons site which is SPOT ON the subject at hand. (it stands for all to investigate for themselves the everlasting Goodness of God and the Beautiful TRIUMPH of His Love.)

Now that is something to praise and glorify the All-Mighty for.....a Universe where Christ ultimately triumphs and sin, death and hell....are defeated and transcended...opening the way for All to ascend into the celestial heights. (the Infinite Mother-love and Eternal Father ever nurture their offspring along the course of their souls journey to eventually achieve their purpose for being, culmintating in Joy).

paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Spirit is Life.....and Spirit triumphs.........

The Spirit is Life.....and Spirit triumphs.........

Originally Posted by Freelight's OWN profile -
spiritualist, gnostic, mystic, soul-pioneer, unitarian/universalist, spiritual scientist, cosmic voyager.

Ah, I see you have 'again' put up freelights profile highlights. :) - as I shared,....I am those and so much more and could as much in my creative urge paint even more word-descriptions about 'me' and my ever-progressing school-affiliations. However this is not about 'me' PK. Its easy for one to discredit/malign the messenger while neglecting the message.

Again,...logos_x showed enough scripture supporting UR. Also again,....God gave us a brain,...a heart and soul...so we might know Him(who is Love). One cannot know God or his ministrations by relying wholly on 'the letter'(literalizations of passages...which when seen in their original language inflections show a truer translation/interpretation CONSISTENT with the rules of justice, equity and mercy.).....but must come to know God in Spirit. (His infinite nature, character and essence).

There is no justification, logic, purpose or productivity for submitting souls to a burning hell for eternity. It violates the purpose of Life.

paul

Status
Not open for further replies.