BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

Freelight, you ramble all over the place, so lets stick with the topic at hand. This thread is supposed to be about Battle Royale XII. You have offered very little as it relates to the things discussed in Battle royale XII other than to say you agree with Logos as it relates to UR. That's all fine and dandy. But let's talk about something you have said several times, namely that everyone is God's child. To quote you, you summed up our position as such:

freelight said:
believing God imposes upon his childrens souls everlasting torment with no hope for salvation.....ever

The problem you have is that this is again a fallacy! We do not believe that a SINGLE one of God's children will be tormented forever in the Lake of Fire! Not a single one! This debate was about whether or not the wicked will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. Not god's children Freelight, the wicked.

Freelight: Do you understand the difference between God's children and the wicked?

Freelight: How does one become a child of God? Is he born that way? Is everyone alive a child of God?

I would appreciate direct answers to these questions and not 3 page dissertations. They are simple questions.

Thanks.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God is All......now and forever

God is All......now and forever

Freelight, This thread is supposed to be about Battle Royale XII. You have offered very little as it relates to the things discussed in Battle royale XII other than to say you agree with Logos as it relates to UR. That's all fine and dandy. But let's talk about something you have said several times, namely that everyone is God's child.

The problem you have is that this is again a fallacy! We do not believe that a SINGLE one of God's children will be tormented forever in the Lake of Fire! Not a single one! This debate was about whether or not the wicked will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. Not god's children Freelight, the wicked.

Hi PK,...........I understand the general belief that only the wicked will be tormented forever in the lake of fire. My reference to calling all souls Gods children implies the more original sense of all souls being Gods 'offspring'. All souls come from God and are God's(all souls belong to God).

Freelight: Do you understand the difference between God's children and the wicked?

Souls may act good or evil,..but they are still all Gods offspring. Notice Jesus when teaching the multitudes....referenced God as 'your heavenly Father' or 'your Father in heaven' - God is the Father of all...being the Creator/Source/Originator. Other than that.....a soul walking in the light and love of God....being regenerated and inspired by Gods Spirit...would by evidence of his life and fruitfullness...prove himself to be a Spirit-led child of God. - on the other hand,...a soul manifesting sin and wickedness to such a degree of depravity and ill habits....would be deemed 'wicked' by the fruit/behavior of his lifestyle.

Freelight: How does one become a child of God? Is he born that way? Is everyone alive a child of God?

My former statement of all souls being Gods offspring stands. The fruits or dispisotion of ones life may also determine if one is a child of God or 'wicked'. (in a behavorial criteria).

Now to your specific questions about 'how does one' become a child of God, etc. - of course you already have these questions 'down pat' according to certain theolgoical prefigurations. I'm aware of these answers and their 'reasons' as taught and propagated by so many preachers, preaching essentially the same common beliefs and the way to salvation thru Christ(choose your method/technique of conversion, etc.)...so not so interested in going thru ones 'salvation manual'.

Here are my points to reveiw -

1) All souls are Gods offspring. God is their Original Father/Mother...as All That Is comes from 'God' and returns to 'God'. God is the One Primal Source of All Existence.

2) God created all things/beings thru His Will...inspired by his all-mighty Faith and Love. He upholds all existence and the destinies of all things/beings by His all-mighty Faith and Love.

Now concerning the wicked (or any soul for that matter) suffering an eternity of eternal punishment/torment with no remedy or salvation possible > This would serve no purpose and it is contrary to the very Law/momentum and principle of Life Itself,....this principle being the eternal Law of progress.....and the fruition of Gods seed-substance in the heart of all that is....coming into bloom...into the full harvest - this harvest coming into full life expression by the very Faith and Love of God in that seed. I see the principle of life in that soul-seed...born of God...and such seed must ultimately bear fruit...and every soul ultimately/eventually drawn back towards its Source and very Life.

Again......torturing the wicked for eternity with giving them no hope or possiblity for conversion or repentance FOREVER is terribly unjust, unreasonable and illogical to Love....when these souls still have within them the potential for repentance, besides the very divine God-given potential of their very purpose for being! Dooming a soul forever violates the very principle of Life/Love. It utterly annuls their purpose for being! It goes against all that is Good and just.

Therefore, we cannot hold God to such economics....and must see the Lake of fire or any temporal punishments/sufferings to be only 'temporal' and ultimately 'corrective, rehabilitative' serving to at last awaken souls homeward to what is good, right, just, moral, positive. The lake of fire metaphor would be more a divine purging and transformation of all that is impure ultimating in only the souls pure essence and divine potential being saved 'thru the fire' and it reborn or 'transenergized' thru such fire. Gods Will and Love triumphs at last because there is nothing more Powerful in existence than His Will and Love which is in the essence of all true life and consciousness.

This being so.....free will liberties and seasons of sin (no matter how long engaged) can never endure beyond the boundlessness of Gods Love! The Infinite is always greater than the finite. In the realization of Truth/Love/Light...when Gods Presence is fully ensouled...sin is wholly outshined/transcended and one discovers that his very heart & Soul is one with divine Will. This is the apex of God being All in all....when we are wholly at-one with Him....in Spirit.

Thru the long trials and tribulations of sin (the soul making amends, expiation for such...reforming itself and repenting thru the many experiences of life).....all shall enter into the Kingdom of God...for such is the Path and the Way of Life. Consider the Higher Will of Life. The Will to Life,...which is within the heart-atom of every soul. Consider the Ultimacy of LOVE. Place these eternal verities of the Spirit-glory before all things and in all things/beings....and the light shall dawn....of the Triumph of God.

paul

Aimiel

...principle being the eternal Law of progress
Where, exactly, do you get that law? Is it written down somewhere? As we decline from our day of birth (our heart rate slows and our bodies age and decay) we aren't obeying this law. As societies fall into self-absorption and indulgence, they aren't progressing. As governments sway to and fro according to the whimsy of public opinion they aren't progressing. Neither is it progress to follow darkness, study darkness and spread that darkness while calling it 'light' so that you make twice the child of hell out of others that you are yourself. It is darkness multiplying itself. The Law which is from God brings conviction (no one can keep the law) and redemption (God has provided One Way out of sin: Christ) but the world is regressing, not progressing. Haven't you seen THIS THREAD? Hell has opened its mouth and is ready to swallow you whole, except you repent.

ApologeticJedi

Knowing 'God' is fundamental. You mention a key issue - 'listening'. - hearing his truth spoken to our inner man by His Spirit is key.

I meant through scriptures which tells us that our "inner man" is deceitful and will likely lead us off course. The way to discover God is by listening to what He says in His word. Through any other method there is a better than average chance that we will be lead astray.

I am sorry that your concept of your own self worth has devolved to the point of accepting the 'belief' that you deserve to burn in a lake of fire FOREVER, in eternal conscious torment. This is totally contrary to Love, logic, reason, intelligence.

Perhaps because you have trusted your inner feelings (which God proclaims are vastly deceptive) that you have underestimated the terrible thing your sin is. I'm sure you don't think you are that bad of a person because you lie to yourself, saying that your sins aren't that bad. When you hurt others you tell yourself that it was only a minor thing.

You have sorely deceived yourself so that you don't think you deserve hell. You are very self-righteous.

A new worth-ship/revelation of God(Love) and your own 'soul' is recommended.

Until you recognize that you are a sinner and deserve hell, you are too high and mighty, like the Pharisees of the Bible, to have a true relationship with God. God is waiting, but it will take humility on your part.

Balder

I meant through scriptures which tells us that our "inner man" is deceitful and will likely lead us off course. The way to discover God is by listening to what He says in His word. Through any other method there is a better than average chance that we will be lead astray.
Why is this the case for us, and not for those who supposedly first penned the Bible?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Purpose of Life is Life!

The Purpose of Life is Life!

Where, exactly, do you get that law? Is it written down somewhere? As we decline from our day of birth (our heart rate slows and our bodies age and decay) we aren't obeying this law. As societies fall into self-absorption and indulgence, they aren't progressing. As governments sway to and fro according to the whimsy of public opinion they aren't progressing. Neither is it progress to follow darkness, study darkness and spread that darkness while calling it 'light' so that you make twice the child of hell out of others that you are yourself. It is darkness multiplying itself. The Law which is from God brings conviction (no one can keep the law) and redemption (God has provided One Way out of sin: Christ) but the world is regressing, not progressing. Haven't you seen THIS THREAD? Hell has opened its mouth and is ready to swallow you whole, except you repent.

The Law of Progress is a principle I picked up from my studies of a certain spiritualist school, which basically refers to an intrinsic motive-disposition within Life itself to 'progress, evolve'...move towards the goal of its existence. We see this law at work in the universe and in nature. Life itself has this momentum. This higher life-process still holds as the divine-potential of the soul as it journeys thru many life-experiences with its eternal destiny always in sight or programmed within. This Life-principle is the innate intelligence born of the eternal/infinite Life-impulse and is not totally obscured or thwarted by temporal deaths of the physical body or other finite, mortal conditionings. Immortality reigns over mortality - the immortality of the Soul.

Also...this planet is destined towards higher progress and a renewed state of Light and Life. (a Golden Age, New Age, new heavens/earth-state, Utopia, Era of peace and righteousness). We HAVE advanced from the earlier ages as a society with technology, science, medicine, the arts,...even morally of course. - while sin exists more or less in every generation....the Will of Life and the Will to Life is spear-heading mans spiritual destiny and evolution....enabling his ascension. Many light-workers on the globe are united in purpose to usher in the New Dawn.

Yes, I did see Knights cute little spin on 'Hell warming'. - visages of souls/bodies being tossed into an infernal bon-fire...feeding the flames of so called 'hell' (with ole slewfoot and his trident probably dancing around taunting the tormented) - this is the stuff of wild imaginations fostered from the Dark Ages and fanned into mans imagination by his own fears and ideas of retribution.

The doctrine of eternal hell-fire does not deter sinners from sin and furthermore does not glorify a God of Justice and Mercy, whose Love, Wisdom and Goodness are INFINITE.

Therefore another view/understanding must be considered in order that Gods nature/character is vindicated and the eternal value/worth of souls in such light are honored.

paul

ApologeticJedi

Why is this the case for us, and not for those who supposedly first penned the Bible?

The Bible is penned through the Holy Spirit's guiding - the Holy Spirit's heart is not deceptive at all. Ours is.

Also, the Holy spirit knows what God is like. We do not.

Balder

The Bible is penned through the Holy Spirit's guiding - the Holy Spirit's heart is not deceptive at all. Ours is.

Also, the Holy spirit knows what God is like. We do not.

The Holy Spirit talked to humans who wrote the Bible. If you can trust what came through their pens, why can't you trust what comes to you?

PKevman

They were inspired by the Holy Spirit Balder.

2 Peter 1:21

for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

That is the difference between you, Freelight, and the rest of the false prophets out there. They were moved by the Holy Spirit of God. God Himself chose and used specific people to write His Word.

Aimiel

Solomon said, "A man of perverse heart does not prosper; he whose tongue is deceitful falls into trouble." Jeremiah said, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Peter denied The Lord three times. Obviously anyone can be led astray. God wants us to cling to Him and His Word.

PKevman

The Holy Spirit talked to humans who wrote the Bible. If you can trust what came through their pens, why can't you trust what comes to you?

Because the Bible is God's Word Balder. It is special revelation from God to man. God leads us and guides us, but NEVER in contradiction to what the Bible says. If we are led into some belief or doctrine that is anti-Biblical, that is not of God, but of Satan the deceiver! That is why the Bible admonishes us:

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Aimiel

The Law of Progress is a principle I picked up from my studies of a certain spiritualist school, which basically refers to an intrinsic motive-disposition within Life itself to 'progress, evolve'...move towards the goal of its existence.
What is that 'goal' as you see it? ... and what school?
We see this law at work in the universe and in nature.
Sorry, I don't see it. I see the opposite. Science does, as well.
Life itself has this momentum.
One might, should their desires be right, but it isn't the nature of life itself. Why do you think death is called, "The way of all flesh?"
This higher life-process still holds as the divine-potential of the soul as it journeys thru many life-experiences with its eternal destiny always in sight or programmed within.
Do you mean reincarnation? God longs to give us the desires of our hearts, but if we seek to have what our wicked heart desires, we'll end up in darkness. Your 'seeking' is a perfect example. You're seeking spiritual knowledge, but only outside a Biblical context. That's a receipe for disaster.
Also...this planet is destined towards higher progress and a renewed state of Light and Life.
This planet was designed as a paradise. A man who thought he knew better than God let it go to pot.
We HAVE advanced from the earlier ages as a society with technology, science, medicine, the arts,...even morally of course.
Sorry, I don't see 40,000 murders by abortion per day as progress over what we had in the 1900's. It's darkness, plain and simple.
Many light-workers on the globe are united in purpose to usher in the New Dawn.
New Age hogwash.
Yes, I did see Knights cute little spin on 'Hell warming'. - visages of souls/bodies being tossed into an infernal bon-fire...feeding the flames of so called 'hell' (with ole slewfoot and his trident probably dancing around taunting the tormented) - this is the stuff of wild imaginations fostered from the Dark Ages and fanned into mans imagination by his own fears and ideas of retribution.
Actually, it isn't very far from the truth. You simply don't understand The Kingdom, because you can't see It, not being born again and all.
The doctrine of eternal hell-fire does not deter sinners from sin and furthermore does not glorify a God of Justice and Mercy, whose Love, Wisdom and Goodness are INFINITE.
It not only deters sin, keeps it in check so that the earth will last from generation to generation, but the knowledge of hell can help lead the lost to The Lord, Who is The Only Saviour.
Therefore another view/understanding must be considered in order that Gods nature/character is vindicated and the eternal value/worth of souls in such light are honored.
Sorry, you can't come up with an imaginary god to replace God. He is still alive, doesn't need replacing and denying His Truth won't make your lies come true. Hell is real. Satan is real. Jesus is The Only Saviour. Denying these things or inveting new 'truths' won't make them change. It only points out your own deficit. You need to get saved. :cloud9:

PKevman

Hi PK,...........I understand the general belief that only the wicked will be tormented forever in the lake of fire. My reference to calling all souls Gods children implies the more original sense of all souls being Gods 'offspring'. All souls come from God and are God's(all souls belong to God).

Souls may act good or evil,..but they are still all Gods offspring. Notice Jesus when teaching the multitudes....referenced God as 'your heavenly Father' or 'your Father in heaven' - God is the Father of all...being the Creator/Source/Originator. Other than that.....a soul walking in the light and love of God....being regenerated and inspired by Gods Spirit...would by evidence of his life and fruitfullness...prove himself to be a Spirit-led child of God. - on the other hand,...a soul manifesting sin and wickedness to such a degree of depravity and ill habits....would be deemed 'wicked' by the fruit/behavior of his lifestyle.

My former statement of all souls being Gods offspring stands. The fruits or dispisotion of ones life may also determine if one is a child of God or 'wicked'. (in a behavorial criteria).

Now to your specific questions about 'how does one' become a child of God, etc. - of course you already have these questions 'down pat' according to certain theolgoical prefigurations. I'm aware of these answers and their 'reasons' as taught and propagated by so many preachers, preaching essentially the same common beliefs and the way to salvation thru Christ(choose your method/technique of conversion, etc.)...so not so interested in going thru ones 'salvation manual'.

Here are my points to reveiw -

1) All souls are Gods offspring. God is their Original Father/Mother...as All That Is comes from 'God' and returns to 'God'. God is the One Primal Source of All Existence.

2) God created all things/beings thru His Will...inspired by his all-mighty Faith and Love. He upholds all existence and the destinies of all things/beings by His all-mighty Faith and Love.

Now concerning the wicked (or any soul for that matter) suffering an eternity of eternal punishment/torment with no remedy or salvation possible > This would serve no purpose and it is contrary to the very Law/momentum and principle of Life Itself,....this principle being the eternal Law of progress.....and the fruition of Gods seed-substance in the heart of all that is....coming into bloom...into the full harvest - this harvest coming into full life expression by the very Faith and Love of God in that seed. I see the principle of life in that soul-seed...born of God...and such seed must ultimately bear fruit...and every soul ultimately/eventually drawn back towards its Source and very Life.

Again......torturing the wicked for eternity with giving them no hope or possiblity for conversion or repentance FOREVER is terribly unjust, unreasonable and illogical to Love....when these souls still have within them the potential for repentance, besides the very divine God-given potential of their very purpose for being! Dooming a soul forever violates the very principle of Life/Love. It utterly annuls their purpose for being! It goes against all that is Good and just.

Therefore, we cannot hold God to such economics....and must see the Lake of fire or any temporal punishments/sufferings to be only 'temporal' and ultimately 'corrective, rehabilitative' serving to at last awaken souls homeward to what is good, right, just, moral, positive. The lake of fire metaphor would be more a divine purging and transformation of all that is impure ultimating in only the souls pure essence and divine potential being saved 'thru the fire' and it reborn or 'transenergized' thru such fire. Gods Will and Love triumphs at last because there is nothing more Powerful in existence than His Will and Love which is in the essence of all true life and consciousness.

This being so.....free will liberties and seasons of sin (no matter how long engaged) can never endure beyond the boundlessness of Gods Love! The Infinite is always greater than the finite. In the realization of Truth/Love/Light...when Gods Presence is fully ensouled...sin is wholly outshined/transcended and one discovers that his very heart & Soul is one with divine Will. This is the apex of God being All in all....when we are wholly at-one with Him....in Spirit.

Thru the long trials and tribulations of sin (the soul making amends, expiation for such...reforming itself and repenting thru the many experiences of life).....all shall enter into the Kingdom of God...for such is the Path and the Way of Life. Consider the Higher Will of Life. The Will to Life,...which is within the heart-atom of every soul. Consider the Ultimacy of LOVE. Place these eternal verities of the Spirit-glory before all things and in all things/beings....and the light shall dawn....of the Triumph of God.

paul

As I said, they were simple questions Freelight. I politely asked you not to write one of your big long dissertations. You are here to advertise your false doctrine, why don't you just admit it? You did not come into this thread to discuss anything!

You proved that by the following:

freelight said:
I'm aware of these answers and their 'reasons' as taught and propagated by so many preachers, preaching essentially the same common beliefs and the way to salvation thru Christ(choose your method/technique of conversion, etc.)...so not so interested in going thru ones 'salvation manual'.

You have the arrogance and unwillingness to truly discuss issues that is common among Universalists! Here's a suggestion. The next time someone asks you answer a simple question with a simple answer why not just do it. The fact that you refused to do so indicates that you already knew the answer that you would get. You have been down this road before, and you know how the Biblical Christian is going to respond. You therefore attempt to take the focus away from the error of your doctrine by writing something so long that few will actually take the time to read it.

Here is RAW UNADULTERATED TRUTH for you plain and simple, MINUS your metaphysical mumbo jumbo:

Galatians 4:4-7

4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

The Bible also makes it painfully clear over and over that only those who believe are God's children and have the Holy Spirit in their lives:
Romans 8:9 shows us that if anyone does not have the Spirit of God in his heart, he is not one of God's children.

Ecumenicist

Yes. He inspired the Bible Dave. He lives in me Dave.

The fruits you bear are bitter, they are not of the Spirit.

Believing that God judges people for their sins for all eternity does not make HIM a vindictive monster. That is YOUR interpretation Dave. You cannot even make an illustration without adding your interpretation to that illustration. You have never heard me say that God is a vindictive monster. Your heart is hard!

Hitler used ovens on 6 million Jewish people. Fortunately, theire suffering was
ended. Imagine that those people were still alive today, in those ovens, suffering
unimaginable anguish. That would represent an infinitesimal fraction of the
suffering that ET describes on God's behalf. Is that justice? How is that not
monstrous?

Secondly, I have never said that believing WHAT the Bible SAYS clearly is an interpretation. This isn't even about interpretation. It is about do you take what the Bible says at face value or not? Do you accept what the Word of God says, or do you attempt to explain away the things that don't fit into your theology?

There is no "face value." Reading is an interpretive process. To say that your
"reading" represents "face value" at the exclusion of others is arrogance.

The word of God says that all things will be restored through Him. Take that
at "face value."

That second person would be even more wrong than the first person in your illustration Dave. Because Scripture teaches that those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life are cast into the Lake of Fire and will spend all eternity there.

Neither. Both are wrongly stated and both are deceived. Anyone who would say that God is a vindictive monster would get shut off instantly by someone who is a Biblical Christian. Vindictive monsters don't sacrifice their only Son on a cross for their enemies to give their enemies a chance to have a relationship with them.

Gives them a chance? I don't think God deals in chances. I think God deals in
sure things, especially when it comes to the sacrifice of His only begotten Son.

That is NOT the actions of a vindictive monster.

Do you have anything productive to add to this discussion Dave?

Do I have anything to add in support of ET? No.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Hypocrite.

ended. Imagine that those people were still alive today, in those ovens, suffering
monstrous?

Imagine hitler never repented and he will be in the lake for the murders he never repented of.

There is no "face value." Reading is an interpretive process. To say that your
"reading" represents "face value" at the exclusion of others is arrogance.

You don't even know the Word, dave. Your "esoteric interpretations" disregard the entire Bible all except the one or two verses you need to twist at any given time.

The word of God says that all things will be restored through Him. Take that
at "face value."

What verse is that? What are the verses surrounding it?

sure things, especially when it comes to the sacrifice of His only begotten Son.

Which you spit on when you claim God "sins", we can "forgive Him", and claim He is transgendered.

You don't have anything to add to any Christian theological discussion. Not even the basics of Christianity like what sin is.

PKevman

DaveMiller said:

Too bad you feel that way. I will continue to share the truth with people instead of telling them what they may want to hear. That may not seem loving to you, but in the end it is far more loving to speak the truth than to delude people into believing falsehoods! Oh and for someone who talks so much about accusing, you are doing it quite a bit Dave!

monstrous?

God is righteous Dave. God is holy Dave. God's righteousness and holiness demand justice. A judge is not a good judge if he lets mass murderers walk out of the courtroom free without paying for their crimes. That judge would not be considered a righteous judge. God's holiness which is eternal requires an eternal payment for sins. That is why an eternal and divine Savior died on the cross and rose again 3 days later! That is why only in trusting in the Savior will lead a person to have their sins forgiven. God made the payment necessary on the cross, all we must do is accept it! You want to tell people they can REJECT Jesus Christ and that they still have hope, and that is why you are a false teacher!

There is no "face value." Reading is an interpretive process. To say that your "reading" represents "face value" at the exclusion of others is arrogance.

OK I interpret your words as mumbo jumbo then. Whether you intended them as mumbo jumbo or not, that is how I interpret them. That is what you are saying to God as well Dave. Regardless of how HE intended His Word to be read, YOU are going to interpret it whatever way YOU want.

The word of God says that all things will be restored through Him. Take that at "face value."

Instead of making a general comment about this, can you supply the Scripture reference you are pulling this from, and then maybe we can actually discuss it?

Right so now we are back to your "God forces people to be saved" argument. You have nowhere to run Dave. You have been exposed by myself and others in this thread as a charlatan who does not know the Word of God!

Of course you don't. You are ignorant of the Scriptures and your heart is hard.

PKevman

Hypocrite.

Imagine hitler never repented and he will be in the lake for the murders he never repented of.

You don't even know the Word, dave. Your "esoteric interpretations" disregard the entire Bible all except the one or two verses you need to twist at any given time.

What verse is that? What are the verses surrounding it?

Which you spit on when you claim God "sins", we can "forgive Him", and claim He is transgendered.

You don't have anything to add to any Christian theological discussion. Not even the basics of Christianity like what sin is.

Man Nin, we gave him the old double whammy that time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.