Boxing MMA Talk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Boxing MMA Talk

A 21 year old whipping a 17 year old boy? No way.

Yeah, I wonder where he got that idea. It couldn't have been knocking out all those heavy weight fighters in the first round.

Your post is full of history revision. Michael Spinks had never even been on the mat, let alone knocked unconscious. He is definitely a criminal, but a much better boxer than you think. Your distaste for him being the rapist that he is causing you to emote.

Nope. I boxed in my 20's and followed mike and evander in the armatures, evander always had mikes number. Here's some of the bums that took mike the dustance:

Razor Riddick
Tony Tucker
Bone Crusher Smith (42yrs old)
James Quick Tillis
Mitch Blood Green

All of these above where gym rats with no hope of beating a champion, they took mike the distance.

Look here at the list of tomato cans that Don King matched mike up with early on.

Buster Douglas beat mike into submission. Evander real deal took buster out in three rounds.

Three left hooks/feint/drew uppercut from Douglas/ dropped him with a right hand.

Mike was the first heavyweight that evander fought who was smaller than him. He was a giant killer.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=000474&cat=boxer

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Boxing MMA Talk

Here's a clip of Roy jones jr hitting the double end bag 30xs in three seconds.

That's my point with mma if wrestlers dedicated 18 - 24 months of pure hand skills (no kicks or grappling) and they acquired these types of reflexes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRykf-5Zo8

The flurry is at the end of the clip

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. I boxed in my 20's and followed mike and evander in the armatures, evander always had mikes number. Here's some of the bums that took mike the dustance:

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted over boxing. You forgot to mention Tyson knocked out Douglas, and boxing being dirty the referee did not pick up the timer count after putting him in the corner. But because nobody like Tyson, they cheated him.

How many losses does Ali have? Zero? Who did he fight when he was 18 years old?

Did you fight the champ when you were 18? Then why do you hold him to that standard. What I really want to know is how bad did he beat your butt in that ring.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, lets watch the 18-20 kid, whom that idiot thinks should have the right to take on Larry Holmes when the kid is 2-0 as a pro. Here are the early bums.

1st round

Buzzword

Here's a clip of Roy jones jr hitting the double end bag 30xs in three seconds.

That's my point with mma if wrestlers dedicated 18 - 24 months of pure hand skills (no kicks or grappling) and they acquired these types of reflexes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRykf-5Zo8

The flurry is at the end of the clip

That's why I enjoy watching Junior Dos Santos fight.

He has probably the most technically accurate boxing in the division, in addition to being a legitimate blackbelt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and having godlike takedown defense.

He's the only MMA fighter I've seen who stands sideways to provide as small a target as possible, as opposed to standing square and giving his opponents a wall to throw strikes at.

Plus the guy just loves to box, and you can see it in his fights.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

He has probably the most technically accurate boxing in the division, in addition to being a legitimate blackbelt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and having godlike takedown defense.

He's the only MMA fighter I've seen who stands sideways to provide as small a target as possible, as opposed to standing square and giving his opponents a wall to throw strikes at.

Yeah I'm a fan of his too

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted over boxing. You forgot to mention Tyson knocked out Douglas, and boxing being dirty the referee did not pick up the timer count after putting him in the corner. But because nobody like Tyson, they cheated him.

How many losses does Ali have? Zero? Who did he fight when he was 18 years old?

Did you fight the champ when you were 18? Then why do you hold him to that standard. What I really want to know is how bad did he beat your butt in that ring.

Haha you lost money on the Holyfield fight?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'll give mike credit for being 5'11" and his toughness.

He did fight Spinks after his prime as well as Holmes. He took a lot of punishment that would've killed an average guy.

As for his age most guys like Ali, Frazier, Holyfield and Tyson are already beating up trained boxers who are grown men when they were 16. I was a tyson fan until Don got him.

What is great to me about boxing is that the boxer can beat a slugger and Mike was a viscous one. Not as heavy handed as George Foreman but similar to joe Frazier. Anyone who was not afraid of mike and could box had a shot at beating him. Holyfield totally dismantled him. If you enjoy watching the science of boxing vs just the brutal aspect then watch holy tyson one in super slow motion and you can see how it's done son!

When you slip a punch you are trained to want that punch to miss its target as close to getting hit as possible so you are in the best position to return fire.

Watching that fight in super slow mo you will see mike firing shots with lightening speed and holy slipping em by inches. It takes courage and athleticism, skill and confidence to do that. Holyfield was the real deal of that generation and not Mike Tyson. Tyson could have gone further and become a better fighter had he remained with the white dudes that turned him into a wrecking ball. But even if he did that Holyfield and other superior boxers who were not scared of him could always find a way to beat him. Ali would have had an EASY day at the office with mike.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Haha you lost money on the Holyfield fight?

No. I don't bet on sports. I won't hold it against you that I watch fighting to see somebody get knocked out. And I have never had to fight for points.

99lamb

intojoy

Razor Riddick
Tony Tucker
Bone Crusher Smith (42yrs old)
James Quick Tillis
Mitch Blood Green

All of these above where gym rats with no hope of beating a champion, they took mike the distance.

Razor Ruddock - Tyson dropped him in the 3rd, and the fight was stopped in the 7th. no distance as you say.
Tony Tucker- not really a bum, as he was the IFB heavyweight champ when Tyson fought and defeated him.
Bone Crusher WBA heavyweight champ- by most accounts fought to survive, just holding, however he did let his hands go in the later rounds and actually looked good against Tyson, in his loss.
Tillis- Tyson dropped him in the 8th, and went on the win.
Green- good fight nice toe to toe, with Tyson winning 8-2, 9-1, 9-1.

99lamb

intojoy
. Ali would have had an EASY day at the office with mike
Speculation, on this point, as Ali was susceptible to the left hook, Cooper and Frazier proved that, and Tyson being a converted southpaw had power knockout power in both hands.
Tyson's career just turned south when he left his original camp in the Catskills, with Rooney he was developing the jab, even throwing the triple Tony Tubbs fight, but after that he stopped progressing as a fighter didn't utilize combinations as well.
Bottom line he was a troubled kid who had talent, but those demons haunted him till he was a shell of himself in latter years.

99lamb

JDS-BOETSCH.jpg

after Cain, Jr., worst trait he can take a beating. Down the road these poor fighters are going to pay the price.

Buzzword

JDS-BOETSCH.jpg

after Cain, Jr., worst trait he can take a beating. Down the road these poor fighters are going to pay the price.

Nobody else has been able to last like that against Cain, and nobody but Cain has been able to get Junior to the ground or make him take that kind of punishment.

The two of them seem to be untouchable by anyone else in the division right now, unless Werdum defies all expectation against Cain.

...which would set up a potential rematch between Junior and Fabricio, since the last time the latter was on his way up, Junior was the newcomer who flattened him with an uppercut.

In the vast majority of MMA fights, the referee steps in before they can take too much damage, especially in the event of a knockdown.

The aforementioned uppercut, just because I love MMA gifs:
10001339.gif

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Speculation, on this point, as Ali was susceptible to the left hook, Cooper and Frazier proved that, and Tyson being a converted southpaw had power knockout power in both hands.

Tyson's career just turned south when he left his original camp in the Catskills, with Rooney he was developing the jab, even throwing the triple Tony Tubbs fight, but after that he stopped progressing as a fighter didn't utilize combinations as well.

Bottom line he was a troubled kid who had talent, but those demons haunted him till he was a shell of himself in latter years.

Ok lamb
What about George foreman?

He never lost a fight to a shorter bob n weave fighter ever. He lost to

Ali
Jimmy young
Evander Holyfield
All expert at boxing - stick and move

Tommy Morrison
Ran his way to a decision

Shannon Briggs

Both after his prime.

Tyson (post Rooney) was stupid enough to believe he was the baddest dude on earth (22yr old dummy) mike would have walked right in the middle of the ring and start trading with gf and he would've taken the nestee plunge.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Razor Ruddock - Tyson dropped him in the 3rd, and the fight was stopped in the 7th. no distance as you say.

Tony Tucker- not really a bum, as he was the IFB heavyweight champ when Tyson fought and defeated him.

Bone Crusher WBA heavyweight champ- by most accounts fought to survive, just holding, however he did let his hands go in the later rounds and actually looked good against Tyson, in his loss.

Tillis- Tyson dropped him in the 8th, and went on the win.

Green- good fight nice toe to toe, with Tyson winning 8-2, 9-1, 9-1.

I stand corrected
Rudick vs Tyson -
2 bums fighting each other

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
My top 10: best pound for pound

Ali
Jones Jr
Ray Robinson
Whitaker
Holyfield
Haggler
Leanord
Floyd Mayweather
Duran
Foreman

99lamb

Ok lamb
What about George foreman?

He never lost a fight to a shorter bob n weave fighter ever. He lost to

Ali
Jimmy young
Evander Holyfield
All expert at boxing - stick and move

Tommy Morrison

Shannon Briggs

Both after his prime.

Tyson (post Rooney) was stupid enough to believe he was the baddest dude on earth (22yr old dummy) mike would have walked right in the middle of the ring and start trading with gf and he would've taken the nestee plunge.

would have liked to have seen Foreman vs. Shavers, wonder why that fight never happened?
Lets be straight here, styles make fights, mental mind set makes fights (Hasim Rahman).
Foreman had a pawing left jab, Tyson moved side to side not like Frazier's up and down, had better footwork, and created more angles. Foreman was a 6'3 220 heavyweight, Tyson 5'11 216-218, and was a better, faster combination puncher, Foreman a la the Ron Lyle fight would have got caught by Tyson.
But it is only speculation as to who would have won. The older Foreman (250-260lbs?) would have the ring experience and calmness to deliver the upper cut to Tyson if he was ducking not moving side to side, just remember Tyson was faster than Frazier. Also Joe led with his head.