black fathers matter

chair

And I was right - you're posts prove it. NEXT!!

Being born in America does not automatically mean you know anything about it.

You want to chime in too Mrs. Helper?
Living in the US doesn't mean you are an expert either.

Now- back to the point. Don't you find it disturbing that this problem has been festering for generations? Or do you figure that it isn't really your problem- it's theirs?

chair

clearly it is theirs but they are trying to make it ours

Well, that explains things. If it is "us and them", and not "all of us", things will never change. But that's OK- you don't want them to change. After all- it isn't your problem.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, that explains things. If it is "us and them", and not "all of us", things will never change. But that's OK- you don't want them to change. After all- it isn't your problem.

I say it is their problem and you say I don't want them to change
-here is the deal
-you say what you are saying
-I say what I am saying
-get it?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You Americans have had 150 years to fix this. And all you do is complain about how somebody else did it wrong. So get some political power, and do it right. Though I haven't seen much talk in conservative circles about improving the situation. Just "law and order" and "no welfare state" and "no abortion" and especially "liberals are to blame".

That's because it's easier to point the finger and scream "liberal" rather than do anything productive ... which would include taking personal responsibility ...

The Berean

72.5% of blacks are now born to single moms

Yes. But that doesn't mean the father is not around, though. Sadly, out-of-wedlock birthrates have been climbing for years now amoung all groups, not just black people. The out-of-wedlock birthrates for Hispanics and whites is also climbing. I have a good friend at work. She is Latino, a Christian, and VERY conservative. Her only daughter just had a baby but is not yet married. This upset my friend quite a bit. But her daughter is an adult and makes her own (unwise) decisions. According to statistics her daughter is a "single" mother even though the father is also raising their daughter.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
black women are 3.6 times more likely to have an abortion
-so what are the black ministers teaching
-about the sanctity of life
-about the sacredness of marriage

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
many years ago, shortly after we were married, we found a reasonable house at a good price - we soon found out that we were just a couple of blocks from the worst crime area in the city - heard about the neighborhood association and signed up to be a block captain - within a couple of years, I was president by default - the criminals soon found out that the police would be called if anyone saw something suspicious - we seemed to have it under control until a pregnant woman got raped - she was able to identify the rapist but then got fire bombed in retaliation - everyone knew the house that was the source of the problem - since they were black, I went to talk to a respectable black woman in the neighborhood to see if she had any ideas on what to do - she did - she went to the same church with the family living in the problem house - she agreed to go with me to meet the pastor who told me I would have been thrown out immediately had I come in without her - the pastor agreed to talk to the family - it wasn't long before the house was sold to a nice young family - some of the neighbors got together to help them paint it -
it was a real success story except for the woman who got raped

The Berean

many years ago, shortly after we were married, we found a reasonable house at a good price - we soon found out that we were just a couple of blocks from the worst crime area in the city - heard about the neighborhood association and signed up to be a block captain - within a couple of years, I was president by default - the criminals soon found out that the police would be called if anyone saw something suspicious - we seemed to have it under control until a pregnant woman got raped - she was able to identify the rapist but then got fire bombed in retaliation - everyone knew the house that was the source of the problem - since they were black, I went to talk to a respectable black woman in the neighborhood to see if she had any ideas on what to do - she did - she went to the same church with the family living in the problem house - she agreed to go with me to meet the pastor who told me I would have been thrown out immediately had I come in without her - the pastor agreed to talk to the family - it wasn't long before the house was sold to a nice young family - some of the neighbors got together to help them paint it -
it was a real success story except for the woman who got raped

Well done sir. It's great to hear that you worked with others in your community to address the criminal problems in your neighborhood. :up:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well done sir. It's great to hear that you worked with others in your community to address the criminal problems in your neighborhood. :up:

thank you
-I spent nearly a week arguing with myself about why I should post that
-I still don't know why but I did want to show that I have experience with racial issues

glassjester

she was able to identify the rapist but then got fire bombed in retaliation - everyone knew the house that was the source of the problem - since they were black, I went to talk to a respectable black woman in the neighborhood to see if she had any ideas on what to do - she did - she went to the same church with the family living in the problem house - she agreed to go with me to meet the pastor

Do you think that would happen today?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Do you think that would happen today?

don't think so
-that pastor was not happy with me but I have to believe he did something to get that family to leave
-that was 40 years ago
-I believe racial tensions are worse today thanks to obama
-so does heather macdonald