Kyrie Eleison
Banned
41I-ObNessL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I think that your beloved St. Philando was a doper and a wannabe gangbanger who had no respect for laws, authority or society in general.

But you don't have any idea what might cause cops to pull someone over repeatedly and only come up with license and vehicle misdemeanors?

Are you implying that traffic statutes are unjust anna? St. Philando was guilty of committing dozens of them. Do you think someone who is guilty of breaking traffic laws 30+ times respects our laws, authority and society in general?

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Do you know why the cases were most likely dismissed? Because the officer didn't show up for court (due to scheduling conflicts, etc.).

Which wouldn't be all that surprising, considering they were all misdemeanor charges.

My point is: Because cases were dismissed doesn't mean that the person didn't commit the violations/crimes he was accused of.

How many times do you think St. Philando was out on the road high on drugs illegally driving and wasn't stopped? Your newest Saint was a menace to society.

A menace to society. Interesting how you've convicted someone in your own mind of a crime you don't know they've committed. I wonder how many times that's happened prior to a traffic stop?

The evidence speaks itself.

Was your newest Saint a member of the "crips public group" or not anna?

I'd already read the Snopes article (a website with a very liberal slant).

The Snopes article ended with:

Got News' final piece of evidence was taken from social media, showing that Castile was a member of a Facebook group called "Crips." However, there are dozens of groups on Facebook bearing the "Crips" name, and the page Castile belonged to is not official social media presence of the notorious street gang:

So what? If John Doe was a member of a Facebook page that called itself "The KKK public group", would it not indicate that John Doe had ties (or at least admired) the Ku Klux Klan?

Let's talk about the Crips shall we anna and their HATRED of laws, authority and society in general.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
meh :idunno:

he's not black so nobody cares

In my opinion, the fact that he isn't black sends a twofold message.

People need to realize that not only are there incidents where police execute men, but they aren't all black either.

We need to not compartmentalize the issue_

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
My point is: Because cases were dismissed doesn't mean that the person didn't commit the violations/crimes he was accused of.

Coming from a person who presumes guilt as soon as someone is merely accused of something.

You have no point, because anything you have to say in this regard is automatically invalid by your inquisitorial mindset :rolleyes:

'Guilty until proven innocent'

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Coming from a person who presumes guilt as soon as someone is merely accused of something.

You have no point, because anything you have to say in this regard is automatically invalid by your inquisitorial mindset :rolleyes:

'Guilty until proven innocent'

The subject title of the thread says it all:

Black Fathers Matter.

I highly doubt that Philando Castile had a dad in his home to help teach him right from wrong.

While the following link shows statistics from the 1980's and 1990's, it's only gotten worse for the children who desperately need a loving dad in their home.

Statistics of a Fatherless America
http://www.photius.com/feminocracy/facts_on_fatherless_kids.html

kmoney

Hall of Fame
if you have 50 run-ins with the police
-there is nothing wrong with the police
-there is something wrong with you
-if you need that explained to you
-there is something wrong with you
I never said that Castile was the most upstanding of citizens. Even if the local police department in that area stop minorities disproportionately then it still seems like too much of a coincidence that Castile was pulled over so many times. But what do the 50 previous stops have to do with him being shot?

blacklivesmatter removed stuff that might make them look bad
-you really need to learn how to do this
I figured that's what you meant. I just like to ask questions to confirm. I thought you liked questions?

If BLM did post some bad messages then I imagine there would be some evidence of it. Someone would have grabbed a screenshot or something. It's quite common for a person or a group to post something which they later take down but is still available because it was already captured. So, have you seen anything? I have to believe that if BLM posted something inappropriate than their detractors would be blasting it all over.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
...........Even if the local police department in that area stop minorities disproportionately...........
....disproportionately compared to what? Blacks "disproportionately" commit most of the crimes in this country. Police departments stop minorities proportionately to the crimes they commit.

All you bleeding hearts, sorry if the truth hurts.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And the Catholic Church is the last of the Christians to hold firm on the indissolubility. You protestants are okay with divorce, and your heresy has only hurt America

The Bible allows divorce in certain cases (adultery, physical abuse). But that isn't the case in modern America or most likely in the case we're currently talking about. It's likely that Philando Castile's father (if he even knows who he is) didn't marry his mother, let alone divorced her.

ClimateSanity

He was stopped by police at least 52 times. He was guilty of only a little more than half that number, all misdemeanor vehicular offenses, no serious criminal convictions whatsoever. He was legally licensed to carry and told the officer that he was carrying, and he was following the officer's instructions. You make it sound like he'd done something to be considered a suspect, when all he'd done was been driving in the area while being black.

He was not legally licensed to carry where he was. He also failed to follow the officers orders. He was told to raise his hands repeatedly. He kept reaching for his billfold.

ClimateSanity

But you don't have any idea what might cause cops to pull someone over repeatedly and only come up with license and vehicle misdemeanors?

Cops pull over people at the rate they are committing violent crime as a group . Here are the stats:

FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.
More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S.
– FACT: From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

<(<(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((888888888(((((((((((((((((888((((((((((

If cops reversed the rate at which they currently pull over blacks and whites, fewer crimes would be caught via information obtained in a traffic stop. Cops don't pull over blacks because they feel racism toward them. They do it as a smart way to catch more criminals.

Philando had no major crimes caught despite 52 pullovers because most blacks do not commit felonies as most other races or ethnicities don't either.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He was not legally licensed to carry where he was. He also failed to follow the officers orders. He was told to raise his hands repeatedly. He kept reaching for his billfold.
I've seen that he did have a valid permit. Are you saying his permit was for a different area than where he was pulled over?

ClimateSanity

I've seen that he did have a valid permit. Are you saying his permit was for a different area than where he was pulled over?

I read where he did not have a concealed carry license . At the time, they didn't know if maybe he had applied for one or that it was for another jurisdiction.

fzappa13

many years ago, shortly after we were married, we found a reasonable house at a good price - we soon found out that we were just a couple of blocks from the worst crime area in the city - heard about the neighborhood association and signed up to be a block captain - within a couple of years, I was president by default - the criminals soon found out that the police would be called if anyone saw something suspicious - we seemed to have it under control until a pregnant woman got raped - she was able to identify the rapist but then got fire bombed in retaliation - everyone knew the house that was the source of the problem - since they were black, I went to talk to a respectable black woman in the neighborhood to see if she had any ideas on what to do - she did - she went to the same church with the family living in the problem house - she agreed to go with me to meet the pastor who told me I would have been thrown out immediately had I come in without her - the pastor agreed to talk to the family - it wasn't long before the house was sold to a nice young family - some of the neighbors got together to help them paint it -
it was a real success story except for the woman who got raped

Ah, the joys of actually doing something about the world you see around you. Been there ... done that ... as they say, virtue is it's own reward. Don't look for any other as it is likely not forthcoming.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
With a permit comes responsibility . Part of that is doing what the officer says.

Does that include breathing a certain way? Maybe a blink of an eye might cause the officer to spasm out and unload his pistol.

The preposterous defense you have for your 'public servant' murderers is dully noted.