Biden/Harris 2020

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Fox panelists rate Biden speech "home run."

I expect, after Trump's acceptance speech, the Lincoln Project will do another ad featuring both speeches. And it will likely be the most devastating attack that republican group has launched against Trump.

Right Divider

Body part
Look, if you are that devoted to children you'd be pulling hard for maternity leave for mothers and medicare, best education, subsistence and welfare for all children. And I don't think you do.
So I don#'t believe you. Easy.
Who cares what an advocate of MASS MURDER believes?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Image-8-22-20-at-11-40-AM.jpg

quip

BANNED
Banned

:up: Good post Anna.

Very true. They're social Darwinists who view compassion and concern for others as a weakness. They live in their own bubble....anything outside their narrow domain is to be distrusted and feared, thus met with hate.... a bipedal version of a junk yard dog.:dog:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Very true. They're social Darwinists who view compassion and concern for others as a weakness. They live in their own bubble....anything outside their narrow domain is to be distrusted and feared, thus met with hate.... a bipedal version of a junk yard dog.:dog:

"If you keep getting caught up in why do they not realize blah blah blah and how can they still back him after blah blah blah, you are not understanding the motivating factor of his support. It's [redacted] liberals, that's it."

I'd gotten caught up in the "why" so many times. I gave them the benefit of having more to their blind allegiance of Trump than they actually have.

And about the hatred... yeah. And it's all twisted up in their Christianity.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

All Trump supporters, or the KKK'ers?

ok doser

"If you keep getting caught up in why do they not realize blah blah blah and how can they still back him after blah blah blah, you are not understanding the motivating factor of his support. It's [redacted] liberals, that's it."

I'd gotten caught up in the "why" so many times. I gave them the benefit of having more to their blind allegiance of Trump than they actually have.

And about the hatred... yeah. And it's all twisted up in their Christianity.

Liberals support the murder of children

What's not to hate ? :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Add a dash of Trump supporters.
Sprinkle in a pinch of KKKers
Add alchohol to taste.
Mix thoroughly.
Serve cold....garnish with strong prejudice.

Upstate New York's KKK history:

2018: Ku Klux Klan spreads flyers and candy in upstate New York in an apparent attempt to recruit children

26a0a162bf405c72426849de5dd632bd

20th. century: 1920s KKK Recruiting Efforts in Northern New York

From Albany to Plattsburgh to Watertown to Syracuse, they recruited like-minded souls. We should be embarrassed to say that they did quite well in most quarters. In the Albany area, there were more than 11,000 members. Meetings across the North Country attracted hundreds, and sometimes more than a thousand. Hooded robes were a routine component of the gatherings, along with pamphlet distribution.

In most instances, the meetings were marked by cross-burnings. At other times, crosses were burned in the days preceding or following meetings. Sometimes it was spontaneously done by locals who felt compelled to display their feelings publicly.

By 1927, the KKK’s presence was drastically reduced in northern New York, and within a few years, their influence waned elsewhere. But be aware that the lunacy never ends. In every decade ― yes, every decade ― since that terrible time in the 1920s, some misguided, uncaring, or hateful troglodyte in the North Country decided that burning a cross was a good idea.

ok doser

Upstate New York's KKK history:

2018: Ku Klux Klan spreads flyers and candy in upstate New York in an apparent attempt to recruit children

26a0a162bf405c72426849de5dd632bd

20th. century: 1920s KKK Recruiting Efforts in Northern New York

From Albany to Plattsburgh to Watertown to Syracuse, they recruited like-minded souls. We should be embarrassed to say that they did quite well in most quarters. In the Albany area, there were more than 11,000 members. Meetings across the North Country attracted hundreds, and sometimes more than a thousand. Hooded robes were a routine component of the gatherings, along with pamphlet distribution.

In most instances, the meetings were marked by cross-burnings. At other times, crosses were burned in the days preceding or following meetings. Sometimes it was spontaneously done by locals who felt compelled to display their feelings publicly.

By 1927, the KKK’s presence was drastically reduced in northern New York, and within a few years, their influence waned elsewhere. But be aware that the lunacy never ends. In every decade ― yes, every decade ― since that terrible time in the 1920s, some misguided, uncaring, or hateful troglodyte in the North Country decided that burning a cross was a good idea.

Oh, it still goes on, to be sure. But in discussions recently with a black professor and a black fellow student, their experience as unwanted "others" up here, their discomfort level as minorities, is less than what I experienced when I was teaching in the inner city.