Bible version

Eagles Wings

I don't care for the dramatized either.
I don't mind the narrators voice getting a little excited at times, but I don't care for the multiple voices and music background.
I like it to be as if a person is reading me a story, and not be hurried about it.
The man in the link you gave had a nice clear voice that was not rushed.
Yes, I agree. I hope you enjoy it over time.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I have one too CM, it got me started in the Word. Then I started preferring the KJV after my understanding was better from the NIV study Bible.
I like the KJV but it takes a lot of discipline to use and properly understand. The translation is old enough that many words have different meanings now. It's called language drift. People working from the KJV need to be aware of this else they get the wrong answers when they apply today's definition of a word to a word that was used hundreds of years ago.

Truster

I like the KJV but it takes a lot of discipline to use and properly understand. The translation is old enough that many words have different meanings now. It's called language drift. People working from the KJV need to be aware of this else they get the wrong answers when they apply today's definition of a word to a word that was used hundreds of years ago.

Whatever words have come to mean is irrelevant. What was first conveyed and understood by those that first heard the pre-evangelism and the evangelism counts and nothing else.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Whatever words have come to mean is irrelevant. What was first conveyed and understood by those that first heard the pre-evangelism and the evangelism counts and nothing else.
Which means that God's truth exists independently of any single translation.

Truster

Which means that God's truth exists independently of any single translation.

Correct. It can be read by anyone but only the heirs will understand and only they can benefit under the terms of the Will.

"Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand." Daniel.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
See post # 26 - NIV uses questionable words and they do it throughout.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
See post # 26 - NIV uses questionable words and they do it throughout.
I don't agree. Much archilogical work has been done in the past 400 years that has given us more information to work with. The English language has changed in the last 400 years. I firmly believe that a modern translation is far better for studying God's message to us.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't agree. Much archilogical work has been done in the past 400 years that has given us more information to work with. The English language has changed in the last 400 years. I firmly believe that a modern translation is far better for studying God's message to us.
Maybe you should study the Greek and Hebrew then