Bible version

Eagles Wings

I like that one.
But I don't see a way to make it keep reading after the end of a chapter (without having to click on another link for each chapter).
I would like to listen to more than one chapter at a time.

There are other audio choices that have the continual reading. So many are dramatized though.

glorydaz

The NIV is sufficient.
But it completely deletes of lot of verses, especially after the 1984-1985 NIV versions.
Before that they would show deletions in the margins, but after the 80's, they left them out altogether.

I don't really like it because they (too often) put "obey" in the place of "believe", as in this example.

Heb. 4:1-7NIV Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.” 6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:​

I'm sure you all know which version the worker bees prefer.

Hebrews 4:1-7KJV
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't really like it because they (too often) put "obey" in the place of "believe", as in this example.
Heb. 4:1-7NIV Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.” 6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:​

I'm sure you all know which version the worker bees prefer.

Hebrews 4:1-7KJV
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Good point

musterion

I quit the HCSB for any kind of serious study because of its use of "Messiah" at several places where Paul did not use the word "Messiah." It's still excellent for easy, natural and generally accurate flow of reading, which makes the Messiah thing unfortunate.

I have an older KJV set, The Word Study NT and Concordance, that is keyed to show all the places the KJ translators used different English words for the same Greek word. In some places it's inexplicable why they made the inconsistent choices they did. Makes for fascinating reading. Worth finding if you like that kind of study.

Epoisses

You have some false beliefs, but what is more false of you than anything, it is that you have not the love of God. You are a mean and bitter person.

Revelation 2:4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

Did you ever know your First Love?

You certainly need to remember Him then.

Were you saved and then fell into false doctrines?

Then you better listen to the truth and correct yourself.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

If you knew anything about love you would know that it is a perfect blend of justice and mercy. With fellow believers which you are not I am very kind and gracious. With unbelievers and legalists like you I have to speak boldly because you are going down the road to perdition. Did you know that God's Truth? You trust in your carnal obedience which is really disobedience.

God's Truth

If you knew anything about love you would know that it is a perfect blend of justice and mercy. With fellow believers which you are not I am very kind and gracious. With unbelievers and legalists like you I have to speak boldly because you are going down the road to perdition. Did you know that God's Truth? You trust in your carnal obedience which is really disobedience.

What you say is from your imagination, for Paul saved people from the fire and he didn't speak bitter hate all the time as you do. You don't care about the truth; if you did, you wouldn't have made up what you did.

Epoisses

What you say is from your imagination, for Paul saved people from the fire and he didn't speak bitter hate all the time as you do. You don't care about the truth; if you did, you wouldn't have made up what you did.

Paul spoke fiery words more than any of the Apostles and they were always directed at legalists like you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
There are other audio choices that have the continual reading. So many are dramatized though.
I don't care for the dramatized either.
I don't mind the narrators voice getting a little excited at times, but I don't care for the multiple voices and music background.
I like it to be as if a person is reading me a story, and not be hurried about it.
The man in the link you gave had a nice clear voice that was not rushed.

God's Truth

Paul spoke fiery words more than any of the Apostles and they were always directed at legalists like you.

You attack me because I speak of obeying Jesus' teachings. Common sense should tell you that you are not all there when you go against me for that.

Epoisses

You attack me because I speak of obeying Jesus' teachings. Common sense should tell you that you are not all there when you go against me for that.

You obey your warped mind that is destitute of grace - God's unmerited favor! That's real obedience.