ECT Baptism for this dispensation

God's Truth

Hi GT , so what verse , that says how you were saved ??

dan p

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

God's Truth

In other words, you're saying that you're in the process of EARNING eternal life by something you're doing.

That is what Paul says.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Explain those scriptures to me and you can change my mind; but don't say it is about other rewards and not eternal life because God says eternal life is the reward.

Regardless, tell me why Paul says to work and you say not to.

God's Truth

Jesus earthly ministry was to the Hebrews/Jews/House of Israel, are you a member of that particular group? Are you living 2000 years ago in that same area where Jesus spoke? If not, then you have to listen very carefully to what the Apostle Paul has to say about YOUR eternal destination.

Paul says things that you go against.

God's Truth

Stumped me, there, loser.The children of Israel's baptism was w/o water, a "dry" baptism, you troll. It was Pharaoh and his gang that were sprinkled with/trashed in, water.

Exodus 15:19 KJV For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

Sober up.

Water was still involved, as Paul and Peter says.
Where is your water?

God's Truth

What's with you and this 'ceremonial works' issue? I've never heard anybody else mention this angle before and I'm NOT a young guy.

Imagine that for over 1600 years the Jews did the purification/ceremonial works and the Gentiles were separate because of it. Those are the works that Paul was speaking of that no longer save.

john w

Hall of Fame
Water was still involved, as Paul and Peter says.
Where is your water?

No, you deranged moron, you are so demonized, intoxicated, that you have no clue what you "argued" recently, much less, yesterday:

It is not wise to go against Paul who says they were baptized in the cloud and in the sea. And Peter who says the flood when Noah and his family were saved were saved by water.
People want to rewrite the Bible they think they can say it better than the Word.

Stumped me, there, loser.The children of Israel's baptism was w/o water, a "dry" baptism, you troll. It was Pharaoh and his gang that were sprinkled with/trashed in, water.

Exodus 15:19 KJV For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

Sober up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Imagine that for over 1600 years the Jews did the purification/ceremonial works and the Gentiles were separate because of it. Those are the works that Paul was speaking of that no longer save.

That has NOTHING to do with the gentiles, who Paul was preaching to? Paul wasn't preaching the 'Kingdom Gospel' to the gentiles, he was preaching the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' to them.' The 'Kingdom Gospel' was for the lost sheep of Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus is full of grace and came with grace, and he taught about faith and how to enter, about how to be reconciled to God and receive the Holy Spirit.

You have to do what he says to get where you claim you want to go.

Jesus EARTHLY MINISTRY was to the House of Israel, not to the gentiles. Paul was given the Gospel, by which the knowledge of how gentiles were to be saved. (Through faith alone) And, that Gospel (Gospel of the Grace of God) was given to Paul by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GT is a very confused person. She only has a very few pieces of the puzzle, therefore, she's not knowledgeable enough to debate Spiritual matters/issues. She sort of makes it up as she goes.

God's Truth

Jesus EARTHLY MINISTRY was to the House of Israel, not to the gentiles. Paul was given the Gospel, by which the knowledge of how gentiles were to be saved. (Through faith alone) And, that Gospel (Gospel of the Grace of God) was given to Paul by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus isn't divided. He didn't give one way to be saved to one group of people and a completely different way to another group.

Mark 3:24If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus isn't divided. He didn't give one way to be saved to one group of people and a completely different way to another group.

Mark 3:24If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion I'm wasting my time and energy communicating with the likes of you. Advise me if I'm on to something would ya? Everytime I have to deal with you I feel like a balloon that is slowly but surely losing precious air.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion I'm wasting my time and energy communicating with the likes of you. Advise me if I'm on to something, would ya? Everytime I have to deal with you, I feel like a balloon that is slowly but surely, loosing precious air.

You get it what you are?