ECT Baptism for this dispensation

God's Truth

Grace is that those who believe are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. And Paul makes it plain that those who believe are saved:"

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

You can obey until you are blue in the face but it won't do you any good because in order to be saved you must believe. And you do not believe that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation TO EVERY ONE WHO BELIEVES:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your perversion of the Scriptures believing is not enough despite what Paul said.

Obeying Jesus' words did not become death. We have to believe that we have to obey his words.

God's Truth

Grace is that those who believe are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. And Paul makes it plain that those who believe are saved:"

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

You can obey until you are blue in the face but it won't do you any good because in order to be saved you must believe. And you do not believe that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation TO EVERY ONE WHO BELIEVES:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your perversion of the Scriptures believing is not enough despite what Paul said.

Who wants to keep going against the truth and say the works we don't have to do are not the ceremonial works but are rather that we don't obey anything that Jesus says?

God's Truth

Made up-dry baptism for the children of Israel:

Exodus 15:19 KJV For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

Pathetic pest.

What a mess. The children of Israel's baptism was w/o water, a "dry" baptism, you troll. It was Pharaoh and his gang that were sprinkled with/trashed in, water.

Clueless troll.

Exodus 14:16 KJV But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

Exodus 14:21 KJV And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Exodus 14:22 KJV And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Exodus 14:29 KJV But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Exodus 15:19 KJV For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

I thought you promoted what Paul says?

Jerry Shugart

Obeying Jesus is works that give life.

Then why did the Lord Jesus say that people had eternal life when they believed and before they obeyed anything?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Who wants to keep going against the truth and say the works we don't have to do are not the ceremonial works but are rather that we don't obey anything that Jesus says?

What's with you and this 'ceremonial works' issue? I've never heard anybody else mention this angle before and I'm NOT a young guy.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not wise to go against Paul who says they were baptized in the cloud and in the sea. And Peter who says the flood when Noah and his family were saved were saved by water.
People want to rewrite the Bible they think they can say it better than the Word.

Stumped me, there, loser.The children of Israel's baptism was w/o water, a "dry" baptism, you troll. It was Pharaoh and his gang that were sprinkled with/trashed in, water.

Sober up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Obeying Jesus' words did not become death. We have to believe that we have to obey his words.

Jesus earthly ministry was to the Hebrews/Jews/House of Israel, are you a member of that particular group? Are you living 2000 years ago in that same area where Jesus spoke? If not, then you have to listen very carefully to what the Apostle Paul has to say about YOUR eternal destination.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is not wise to go against Paul who says they were baptized in the cloud and in the sea. And Peter who says the flood when Noah and his family were saved were saved by water.
People want to rewrite the Bible they think they can say it better than the Word.

You're lucky anybody is still bothering to communicate with you. I imagine that you exasperate most people you talk to. You say things that make little sense, you make up your own explanations, you repeat the same things ad nauseam, you really don't KNOW what you're talking about, you're ignorance of Biblical truth is beyond the pale, and you're annoying beyond measure.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In other words, you're saying that you're in the process of EARNING eternal life by something you're doing.
She refuses grace (Rom 11:6) and would rather rely on her own works of obedience and righteousness, which is the wrong one to rely on (Rom 5:18-19).
She opposes grace with every post of hers relying on her own works of righteousness and obedience.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
She refuses grace (Rom 11:6) and would rather rely on her own works of obedience and righteousness, which is the wrong one to rely on (Rom 5:18-19).
She opposes grace with every post of hers relying on her own works of righteousness and obedience.

Your assessment of GT is perfect.

God's Truth

Jesus is full of grace and came with grace, and he taught about faith and how to enter, about how to be reconciled to God and receive the Holy Spirit.

You have to do what he says to get where you claim you want to go.

God's Truth

You're lucky anybody is still bothering to communicate with you. I imagine that you exasperate most people you talk to. You say things that make little sense, you make up your own explanations, you repeat the same things ad nauseam, you really don't KNOW what you're talking about, you're ignorance of Biblical truth is beyond the pale, and you're annoying beyond measure.

I prove everything I say with scripture. It frustrates those who don't want to lose their choice beliefs.

God's Truth

GT doesn't see it that way. She's busy obeying. However, I'll bet if you ask her what she's obeying, she'll either say; "Everything" or she won't be able to come up with an answer?

I live through the Spirit and the Spirit lives through me as I approach everything in life by the teachings of the Lord who teaches how to love.

God's Truth

There are people who do not agree with you.