ECT Baptism for this dispensation

God's Truth

GT is still having trouble coming up with that "full bath" baptism for the remission of sin done in the OT also.
Just more of her deception that she cannot substantiate.

The Jews did various external washings including baths.

Jesus was water baptized and all are supposed to get water baptized.

The Baptism of Jesus
Matthew 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then show a verse that has a Jew doing a full on bath for the remission of sin and called it a baptism in the OT.
You are the one that made the claim that the baptism ritual (as John performed) in the OT was a full on bath for the remission of sin.
Stop avoiding backing up your claim with your blah blah filler, and post the verses from the OT.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Jesus was water baptized and all are supposed to get water baptized.

The Baptism of Jesus
Matthew 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

The ONLY baptism for today, is in this verse of Scripture; 1 Corinthians 12:13 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

This baptism is the work of the Holy Spirit when one hears the Gospel and places all their faith in Christ. It's not the water baptism of John the baptist, or any other person.

God's Truth

Then show a verse that has a Jew doing a full on bath for the remission of sin and called it a baptism in the OT.
You are the one that made the claim that the baptism ritual (as John performed) in the OT was a full on bath for the remission of sin.
Stop avoiding backing up your claim with your blah blah filler, and post the verses from the OT.

You don't even remember what your non point was. lol

God's Truth

Jesus was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel in that verse of Scripture.

...and then the Gentiles were privileged to get to believe and obey Jesus' teachings and be saved too.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
...and then the Gentiles were privileged to get to believe and obey Jesus' teachings and be saved too.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Paul was sent to the gentile nations, subsequently.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't even remember what your non point was. lol
Just more jaw-flapping distraction.
Knew you couldn't back up your own words .... again.
You can't show even one instance of any OT Jew doing a full on bath for remission of sin and calling it a baptism.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your profile shows a picture of you drinking.

Read the scriptures better.

It has always been about believing and obeying God.
Yes, and being the sicko, creep you are, you posted my pic in a thread. I drink beer, troll, but I am not so intoxicated, like you, by 10:00 AM, that I cannot even turn the computer on.