AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

• Total voters

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You can only high-jack a thread that is alive and well.

This one had no substance, no life, and was on a respirator. Consider us a going away party. (We're hoping it's going away). :the_wave:

Do you really think that is an excuse for your group's mob-like interference?

Well, you are not an Admin or a Mod. Only one of them can correct your bad behavior.

glorydaz

Do you really think that is an excuse for your group's mob-like interference?

Well, you are not an Admin or a Mod. Only one of them can correct your bad behavior.

They let you get by with a lot.....you should hope they don't crack down too hard. :popcorn:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
In answer to the OP of this thread, and to explain my hesitation (so far) in voting in its poll, I say:

It is not my conviction that I must authenticate my faith. I believe that God alone will authenticate my witness of belief in Jesus Christ, by evidencing His grace in my life and testimony.

Yes, I examine myself daily, in prayer and confession of sinful failures, being fully aware of how all of us finite sinners deceive ourselves. But the answer from the day the Holy Spirit regenerated my soul, has been the reminder of the totally new love for Truth and the Word of God that has been instilled in my innermost soul.

Perhaps it is something I can never convince other sinners to believe, but I believe that God has granted me, through His saving grace, a love of Truth and His Word that surpasses all other interests and distractions of this earthly existence.

So if my faith must be authenticated, I will probably fail to impress it upon others. But I also trust that His Word that I love with all my being, and faithfully uphold and publicly share, will not fall void . . but it will be truly authenticated by The Author, not according to me, but according to His promise and purposes.

Isaiah 55:11

Nang

Last edited:

God's Truth

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST (FAITH)​

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that YAH SHUA MESSIAH is in you, except ye be reprobates?​

Is that by which you should be living authentic? It is written that "the just shall live by trust" (faith), so the question "is your trust authentic?" is vitally important.
Have you ever checked to make sure that it is exactly the same pure principle by which the fathers and saints lived by?

Most people would admit to wanting stronger trust, but on examination, would probably discover they don’t have authentic trust in the first place and so there is nothing to strengthen except their positive mental attitude. Which goes up and down depending on their circumstances.

When I bought my first pair of crampons I wanted to try them out, before using them in a life or death situation. I’m here so the very fact I am here means they did what was expected of them. The first real test was coming off a mountain in the dark, in freezing mist and following a flooded track that had frozen solid to become an ice waterfall. I was not only grateful for the crampons but equally grateful for the fact I knew I was able to rely on them because they had been put to the test.

Most people that claim to be saved hate having their salvation questioned and get very abusive when it happens. I consider it an honour to have my salvation questioned. Each and every time it happens I go over what happened at my regeneration and what is happening in me. This strengthens my trust and sends my roots down deeper.

The deepest questioning I have faced regarding the authenticity of my trust has been from myself.

The sent trials of my trust have been a particular blessing because I know that the trials are for my benefit. So that I would have more and more confidence in the trust I have been allocated.
The trials are not so the Almighty will know the strength of my trust, but so that I would know. He who supplies it knows its reliability and strength in all circumstances.

When I have searched myself and think I stand I then pray:

Search me, O Elohim, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139: 23,24

When I was first converted I was told that this was one prayer that people would not often use because the results were a deep searching, cleansing and painful. Amen.

HAVE YOU EXAMINED YOURSELF? IF YES HOW DID YOU DO SO?​

If you have to examine yourself then you probably are not saved.
A saved person lives through the Spirit.
How is it you have to examine yourself if you are living through the Spirit?

Lon

I find your questioning to be out of order and quite disingenuous.
:sigh: PM me if you want context and PLEASE try to PM before a public accusation. Have you ever known me to be out of order or be not genuine? There is and was a reason and Truster answered, he didn't take offense and none was meant. It is an important question between he and I. I'm not even sure what you'd read into it that would be out of order or not genuine :idunno: -Lon

Truster

:sigh: PM me if you want context and PLEASE try to PM before a public accusation. Have you ever known me to be out of order or be not genuine? There is and was a reason and Truster answered, he didn't take offense and none was meant. It is an important question between he and I. I'm not even sure what you'd read into it that would be out of order or not genuine :idunno: -Lon

I agree with Nang. I've had dealings with you in the past and her comment reflects your scheming attitude at all times.

Truster

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST (FAITH)​

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that YAH SHUA MESSIAH is in you, except ye be reprobates?​

Is that by which you should be living authentic? It is written that "the just shall live by trust" (faith), so the question "is your trust authentic?" is vitally important.
Have you ever checked to make sure that it is exactly the same pure principle by which the fathers and saints lived by?

Most people would admit to wanting stronger trust, but on examination, would probably discover they don’t have authentic trust in the first place and so there is nothing to strengthen except their positive mental attitude. Which goes up and down depending on their circumstances.

When I bought my first pair of crampons I wanted to try them out, before using them in a life or death situation. I’m here so the very fact I am here means they did what was expected of them. The first real test was coming off a mountain in the dark, in freezing mist and following a flooded track that had frozen solid to become an ice waterfall. I was not only grateful for the crampons but equally grateful for the fact I knew I was able to rely on them because they had been put to the test.

Most people that claim to be saved hate having their salvation questioned and get very abusive when it happens. I consider it an honour to have my salvation questioned. Each and every time it happens I go over what happened at my regeneration and what is happening in me. This strengthens my trust and sends my roots down deeper.

The deepest questioning I have faced regarding the authenticity of my trust has been from myself.

The sent trials of my trust have been a particular blessing because I know that the trials are for my benefit. So that I would have more and more confidence in the trust I have been allocated.
The trials are not so the Almighty will know the strength of my trust, but so that I would know. He who supplies it knows its reliability and strength in all circumstances.

When I have searched myself and think I stand I then pray:

Search me, O Elohim, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139: 23,24

When I was first converted I was told that this was one prayer that people would not often use because the results were a deep searching, cleansing and painful. Amen.

HAVE YOU EXAMINED YOURSELF? IF YES HOW DID YOU DO SO?​

This post was set up and runs in conjunction with SIGNS OF LIFE.

Its purpose is to ensure that those that are in the trust are encouraged and that those that are not in the trust are warned that the reward for hypocrisy is frightening.
I have taken the wrong path on a few occasions and have ended up where many of you are, but He is trustworthy and always puts me back on the right track.
One of the greatest joys I’ve ever experienced and it happened early on in my walk was the reading of the last verse of Psalm 119.
David as an elderly King was so humbled in and by life he was able to confess his waywardness and total reliance on goodness and mercy that pursued him all the days of his life.
It blessed me that David had walked the same path that I was on and I gathered great comfort and strength from this fact. James then telling me to rejoice when facing divers testings brought great confusion at first, but I now know that James was and elderly man looking back with 20/20 spiritual vision.

Ever since I joined TOL I have been setting up sign posts that point in the right way. Most of those posts have been vandalised by the children of Satan. But I know that some have taken heed and changed direction. That some blessed seed has been planted and that He who gives increase will do so if it pleases Him.

As for the rest, you are being hardened for destruction. Your lack of reverence and despising of the truth is marking you out for the arrows that fly both day and night.

I know for an absolute fact that most of you have treated babes in the same way you treat anyone who possesses truth. You trample the truth and then turn on them and tear them apart. You are judged, you have been weighed in the balance and found wanting. Your hypocrisy and nakedness is exposed.

Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations. Ezekiel 7:8

For when they shall say peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them I Thessalonians 5:3.

Lon

I agree with Nang. I've had dealings with you in the past and her comment reflects your scheming attitude at all times.
All I have ever done is try to get a straight answer of what a believer looks like to you. Asking for a couple of them is an honest, non-scheming desire to see someone that I can look to as what you are thinking a Christian 'should' look like. Why would either of you think that a bad thing???
I'm overtly analytical. That should never be confused with 'scheming.' At times I admonish or encourage you, but I have never schemed, and all of my thoughts are rather upfront with you and actually for your good, not to harm you. Correct you? Yep, but always to your face. Nothing is going on behind the scenes you don't see clearly in front of you.

Lon

Repent, always turning to Him.
Repent to you? I honestly mean nothing bad.

Trust, always. He is my only Hope, nothing else. No one else.

Lon

:think: I'll have to take your word for it. God is my witness and judge. I am not as consistent as George Washington, but I tend to come clean, as a rule of life and faith. God will have to judge what I don't know, correctly, but 'think' I do avoid lying. Try not to throw that accusation around too freely with others of less fortitude, though. Nobody who used to be a drunk likes to be called a drunk any more, if they are in Christ, by example.

Truster

:think: I'll have to take your word for it. God is my witness and judge. I am not as consistent as George Washington, but I tend to come clean, as a rule of life and faith. God will have to judge what I don't know, correctly, but 'think' I do avoid lying. Try not to throw that accusation around too freely with others of less fortitude, though. Nobody who used to be a drunk likes to be called a drunk any more, if they are in Christ, by example.

He has judged you and that is why you do what you do. He has judged you to blindness and deafness. You have a natural knowledge of scripture but no experimental acquaintance with them.

That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

You have heard and read of salvation, but you have not been saved. You rest in the general revelation and you thrive on the compliments of those who are entangled in the same net.

Lon

He has judged you and that is why you do what you do. He has judged you to blindness and deafness. You have a natural knowledge of scripture but no experimental acquaintance with them.
You are so Old Testament that you are a proselyte, as far as I can tell. I don't believe prophets exist any longer so you are nobody's judge or given special inside information that isn't given to all believers, new creations in Christ. I ask whom you think is saved, simply because you reserve 'judgement' as if you are the standard of who is and is not in the Lord Jesus Christ. :nono: You've a LONG way to go before God ever allows that. I ask whom you think is saved, so I can ask them what you can't tell: "How is one saved?"

I told you straight up, and clearly: You simply judge, never lead people to Christ. You literally don't want anybody to come to Him, OR Him to come to them, by my reckoning.

That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

You have heard and read of salvation, but you have not been saved. You rest in the general revelation and you thrive on the compliments of those who are entangled in the same net.

Romans 10:9,10,11,13 Read them all. There is no 'truster's private interpretation and gospel hidden to all but to only him.' :nono:

Read them again. KNOW them. That is why I answered "Trust authenticated." The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY authentication of Trust. The One in Whom I trust, is authentic. Oddly, though you cry foul whenever someone says 'I" anything, your thread is NOT trust in Him. You are asking if 'you' authenticated your own faith :doh: :nono:

Read those scriptures again, oh judgmental one.

I am NEVER trying to condemn you, just welcome you to the family of God. That's it. You don't have to be unequally yoked or so self protective that you are removed from the world.

READ those verses again....Read them.