AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

• Total voters

marhig

Which is why I said you can't tell by looking.

Instead of thinking you're a teacher, why don't you just try to dialogue with people?

It's getting a bit old having to listen to you correcting people with your canned messages...lecturing as if you have some great message to share. You seem to be stuck in the gospels....living life on a fleshly level. Do you ever read any of Paul's epistles?

Isn't there something from his epistles you might have some questions about? Or something you think it would be profitable to discuss?

Firstly, I've never said that I'm a teacher, you may well think that you are one, but I'm not. I'm just speaking about the things of God. And insulting me won't work, Jesus said that evil will be spoken of those who belong to him, so I'm not worried about what you say about me, I only care that my heart is right before God.

But if you feel the need to insult me, then carry on!

Also, stuck in the gospels? The gospels are THE gospel, and Paul preached that gospel too. And I believe that Paul is an apostle of God, but his epistles do not come before the word spoken by Jesus, Paul carried on with the gospel as did all the other apostles and helped to bring it to every creature throughout the world!

glorydaz

By the way, if the Pharisees were blameless under the law, why did Jesus write this?

Spoiler
Matthew 23

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in*yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Woe unto you,*ye*blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!*Ye*fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?*And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.*Ye*fools and blind: for whether*is*greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?*Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.*And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.*And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier*matters*of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.*Ye*blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.*Thou*blind Pharisee, cleanse first that*which is*within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead*men's*bones, and of all uncleanness.*Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,*And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.*Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.*Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.Ye*serpents,*ye*generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Spoiler

Because when Jesus came, He magnified the law and made it holy. Haven't you ever heard of keeping the "letter of the law"? Haven't you heard how Jesus taught it was no longer just the act but the thought that would damn us to hell?

This kind of thing is why you need to read Paul's letters. You have so much to learn.

Here, for instance, Paul talks about when he was a Pharisee. One can be "blameless" under the law and still be doing wrong. A person can keep the "letter of the law"....which is what the Pharisees did. They did it very well.

Philippians 3:5-6
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

glorydaz

Firstly, I've never said that I'm a teacher, you may well think that you are one, but I'm not. I'm just speaking about the things of God. And insulting me won't work, Jesus said that evil will be spoken of those who belong to him, so I'm not worried about what you say about me, I only care that my heart is right before God.

But if you feel the need to insult me, then carry on!

Also, stuck in the gospels? The gospels are THE gospel, and Paul preached that gospel too. And I believe that Paul is an apostle of God, but his epistles do not come before the word spoken by Jesus, Paul carried on with the gospel as did all the other apostles and helped to bring it to every creature throughout the world!

Okay....then we will have to speak to you as carnal, won't we?

1 Corinthians 3:1-3
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

marhig

Because when Jesus came, He magnified the law and made it holy. Haven't you ever heard of keeping the "letter of the law"? Haven't you heard how Jesus taught it was no longer just the act but the thought that would damn us to hell?

This kind of thing is why you need to read Paul's letters. You have so much to learn.

Here, for instance, Paul talks about when he was a Pharisee. One can be "blameless" under the law and still be doing wrong. A person can keep the "letter of the law"....which is what the Pharisees did. They did it very well.

Philippians 3:5-6
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

Paul was blameless because he was in ignorance, he didn't know the truth in Christ Jesus.

This is what Paul said about himself when he was under the law.

1 Timothy 1

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

By the way, I do read Pauls epistles, I don't just believe in them only. Jesus comes first in my life not Paul!

marhig

Okay....then we will have to speak to you as carnal, won't we?

1 Corinthians 3:1-3
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Who's we? Are you not just one person?

Read those verses you have quoted, those who are carnal walk as men, those who are born of God, walk as Jesus Christ and have his life in and through them. And they have the fruit of the Spirit and this is how you will know those who belong to Christ.

glorydaz

He was blameless because he was in ignorance, he didn't know the truth in Christ Jesus.

NO, That isn't why he said he was blameless as a Pharisee. He was saying he performed all the rituals and rites, and followed the LETTER of the law. You totally ignored the verse I gave and tried to turn it into something else altogether.

This is what Paul said about himself when he was under the law.

1 Timothy 1

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;*Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did*it*ignorantly in unbelief.

And his unbelief had nothing to do with the fact that he was blameless as pertained to the righteousness of the law.

By the way, I do read Pauls epistles, I don't just believe in them only. Jesus comes first in my life not Paul!

Of course, the Lord did raise from the dead and His teachings are now shown to us through Paul's letters.

Are you not a bit curious about why Paul would write this.... :chew:

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

marhig

NO, That isn't why he said he was blameless as a Pharisee. He was saying he performed all the rituals and rites, and followed the LETTER of the law. You totally ignored the verse I gave and tried to turn it into something else altogether.

And his unbelief had nothing to do with the fact that he was blameless as pertained to the righteousness of the law.

Of course, the Lord did raise from the dead and His teachings are now shown to us through Paul's letters.

Are you not a bit curious about why Paul would write this.... :chew:

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

It's not the letter of the law that makes us blameless, it's the righteousness of Christ that justifies us, and we receive his righteousness and become justified through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And yes Christ did raise from the dead, and he was risen in Paul, but, Paul's epistles don't come before all that Jesus preached, Jesus preached the gospel of God, carried on by Paul and the other apostles!

glorydaz

Who's we? Are you not just one person?

Read those verses you have quoted, those who are carnal walk as men, those who are born of God, walk as Jesus Christ and have his life in and through them. And they have the fruit of the Spirit and this is how you will know those who belong to Christ.

By "we" I was referring to the grown ups on here.

You do walk as "men". You are taken up with things of the flesh. You are taken up with what our Lord taught when He walked among us....not what He taught after His resurrection. You are taken up with sin and our Lord dealt with sin. You are taken up with what you see with your eyes rather than spiritual things.

marhig

By "we" I was referring to the grown ups on here.

You do walk as "men". You are taken up with things of the flesh. You are taken up with what our Lord taught when He walked among us....not what He taught after His resurrection. You are taken up with sin and our Lord dealt with sin. You are taken up with what you see with your eyes rather than spiritual things.

What??? So you believe that by Paul saying that, that you are not to listen to what Jesus preached in the flesh? You are only to listen to Paul?

And Jesus said that his words are Spirit and they are life, too right I'm definitely taken up in them!

glorydaz

It's not the letter of the law that makes us blameless, it's the righteousness of Christ that justifies us, and we receive righteousness and become justified through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And yes Christ did raise from the dead, and he was risen in Paul, but, Paul's epistles don't come before all that Jesus preached, Jesus preached the gospel of God, carried on by Paul and the other apostles!

See? You talk religious, but you are without knowledge, and you missed the entire point about the letter of the law. It's as if you start working on your response before you even finish reading the sentence.

BTW....how is it that Christ was "risen in Paul"? :readthis:

BTW.....Paul's epistles come AFTER what Jesus preached for a reason. Paul explains what Jesus meant when He walked among us....who Jesus was speaking to and why He said what He did. But, people like you think you can figure it out for yourselves, so you end up saying silly made up things as if you had a clue. Sad that.

glorydaz

What??? So you believe that by Paul saying that, that you are not to listen to what Jesus preached in the flesh? You are only to listen to Paul?

And Jesus said that his words are Spirit and they are life, too right I'm definitely taken up in them!

I knew that would send you running back to the law side of the cross. Can't quite make it over, can you? :chuckle:

Not "Paul" .....to what the RISEN LORD revealed to Paul.

You can follow Jesus in the flesh, but believers follow Jesus in the Spirit.

marhig

See? You talk religious, but you are without knowledge, and you missed the entire point about the letter of the law. It's as if you start working on your response before you even finish reading the sentence.

BTW....how is it that Christ was "risen in Paul"? :readthis:

BTW.....Paul's epistles come AFTER what Jesus preached for a reason. Paul explains what Jesus meant when He walked among us....who Jesus was speaking to and why He said what He did. But, people like you think you can figure it out for yourselves, so you end up saying silly made up things as if you had a clue. Sad that.

Sorry but that's not the truth, the gospel is preached by Jesus Christ and we don't ignore it, it isn't just for the Jews but for all of us. Jesus came for everyone Jews and gentiles. And Paul carried on the gospel in the next generation, as do all those who are risen with Christ in every generation. God's word doesn't change, God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

The reason Paul came after Jesus is because Jesus first bore witness to the truth and is the Messiah. And Paul carried on and preached the same gospel, there is only one gospel!

Jesus Christ preached the gospel for all. You seem to listen to only Paul.

marhig

I knew that would send you running back to the law side of the cross. Can't quite make it over, can you? :chuckle:

As I said, Jesus says his words are Spirit and they are life. And he said, my sheep hear my voice. I listen to him, I hear him and i follow him!

God's Truth

Unbelievable.

You put down Jesus' words because he said them while a Man in the flesh.

So you only want what the risen Lord says, how about this:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Luke 13:11 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.