Atheists, do you hope you're right?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Your pilot doesn't crash into a mountain] "That is not faith. That is expectation."
You expect to get to your destination safely. If your pilot misguides you, your expectation is not met. If you take an aspirin for a headache you have faith that it is not arsenic. If you are right, no more headache. If you are wrong, you're dead. Who or what you put your faith in matters.

"I expect a pilot to fly the plane to the destination I paid for. That statistically is what happens. I expect it. Faith in God is entirely different. I can believe and trust in God when everything is contrary to it."
If everything is contrary to it to your mind, you're not a Christian (Heb 11:1) and you just so happen to identify as a Leftist here (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Mt 25:41).

"The book of Job is a great example of faith. No one around Job believed he should have faith in God."
His friends had bad theology (Jb 4:1–8; 8:1–6; 11:1–20) and his wife was evil (Jb 2:9).

"They said curse God and die."
Job's loser :loser: for a wife said that (Job 2:9).

"But in spite of all evidence Job believed."
What do you mean in spite of? :dizzy: Jb 42:8 He was a man of faith (Jb 19:23–27). He humbled himself before the Lord (Job 42:1–6) though not given all answers.

noguru

I see that now since the atheists have answered about the hope they have, the tyrannical "Christians" have turned this thread into just another of the multitude of right wing political pulpits on this site. How utterly predictable.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see that now since the atheists have answered about the hope they have, the tyrannical "Christians" have turned this thread into just another of the multitude of right wing political pulpits on this site. How utterly predictable.

Since these threads normally end with being told what we really believe and why we believe it, I didn't bother to respond.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Since these threads normally end with being told what we really believe and why we believe it, I didn't bother to respond.

I've had it with Prager and his questions. :IA:

windingroad.png

noguru

It is my claim that so called Christians like snakebird and Daniel1611 are so inept that they try to use a claim of belief in God to compensate for their own flaws/mental incapacity. And in doing so they give clear thinking Christians a bad name. People like snakebird and Daniel1611 might be saved, whatever that really means, but I hope part of that is an eventual awareness of where they have erred.

everready

It is my claim that so called Christians like snakebird and Daniel1611 are so inept that they try to use a claim of belief in God to compensate for their own flaws/mental incapacity. And in doing so they give clear thinking Christians a bad name. People like snakebird and Daniel1611 might be saved, whatever that really means, but I hope part of that is an eventual awareness of where they have erred.

Are you an atheist?

everready

noguru

Are you an atheist?

everready

I was agnostic/atheist for 17 years (12 to 29) of my life. I can still recall very clearly my mind set during that time. I mentioned this in another post earlier in this thread. Even through those years I did recognize the value of Christ's ministry here on this earth, however.

noguru

:yawn: "Men love their sin. Hell and punishment don't change that." ~ John MacArthur Jn 3:19

Your confusion (of God's word verses your unsubstantiated opinion) knows no bounds. Continuously contributing scripture and the Gospel will not change that.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Are you an atheist?
:popcorn:

I was agnostic/atheist for 17 years (12 to 29) of my life. I can still recall very clearly my mind set during that time. I mentioned this in another post earlier in this thread. Even through those years I did recognize the value of Christ's ministry here on this earth, however.
"If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" ~ Adrian Rogers

everready

I've known a few atheists is why i asked.

everready

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Ro 8:7, HCSB, "Men love their sin. Hell and punishment don't change that." ~ John MacArthur Jn 3:19] "Your confusion (of God's word verses your unsubstantiated opinion) knows no bounds."

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

Re 20:6