Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sorceror

As a relevant question, what is the youngest age among posters here at TOL?
I know DH is 15 (or was), but I don't consider teens that age to be "immature" or too young to discuss mature topics.
Is there anyone here beloew 12? If so, I think what we talk about (as well as the general heated attitude of our debates) is already inapropriate for children.
Should TOL reqiure a minimum age?

red77

Real Sorceror said:
As a relevant question, what is the youngest age among posters here at TOL?
I know DH is 15 (or was), but I don't consider teens that age to be "immature" or too young to discuss mature topics.
Is there anyone here beloew 12? If so, I think what we talk about (as well as the general heated attitude of our debates) is already inapropriate for children.
Should TOL reqiure a minimum age?

Agreed, this forum already discusses topics that are adult in nature....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
red77 said:
Well, why is it inappropriate for the public forums though?
Two reasons.....

1. Topics like that are better discussed with your Pastor or family or close friends.
2. Topics like that rapidly deteriorate into strings of crude, crass inappropriate threads.

Ecumenicist

Knight said:
Two reasons.....

1. Topics like that are better discussed with your Pastor or family or close friends.
2. Topics like that rapidly deteriorate into strings of crude, crass inappropriate threads.

And even using metaphores could be interpreted as condoning cruelty to animals, and we
don't need the aspca involved. (Thinking in terms of monkeys and chickens, in particular.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What post count does one have to attain to customize their avatars?
To become a registered PLUS member you must have at least 50 posts on TOL

AND have been a TOL member for at least 14 days.

If the above conditions are met the user will automatically be promoted to the Registered PLUS level.

Check out all the user levels here.

Mr. 5020

To become a registered PLUS member you must have at least 50 posts on TOL

AND have been a TOL member for at least 14 days.

If the above conditions are met the user will automatically be promoted to the Registered PLUS level.

Check out all the user levels here.
On my side, all the links are indicated with red underlining. It looks like they are misspelled. :)

genuineoriginal

I am using Grape (expanded), but the titles of the threads are being cut short on the Home page and the Active thread list.

Is there a way to show the full titles on those pages the way they appear on the User Control Panel?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am using Grape (expanded), but the titles of the threads are being cut short on the Home page and the Active thread list.

Is there a way to show the full titles on those pages the way they appear on the User Control Panel?
If we don't truncate the titles on those lists the lists become very long and take up way too much real-estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.