Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Knight!

Yesterday I had 7500 posts and today I have 6579!

I was demoted from two star general after only one day! :(
I liked being a two star general! What happened?
Clete, I had to dramatically alter the size of your sig to fit within our new style guidelines. I hope you don't mind.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete, I had to dramatically alter the size of your sig to fit within our new style guidelines. I hope you don't mind.

I don't mind.

Why so small though?

The more eye candy the better! It makes everyone happy :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't mind.

Why so small though?

The more eye candy the better! It makes everyone happy :D
500 pixels is our new maximum width on sigs.

With the new styles and with the avatar column being on the left of the post we need to limit the widths of signatures. (especially in the fixed width styles like TOL's default style).

Real Sorceror

I just negged a guy and it said something like "Thank you for giveing out rep. Maybe you will recieve rep in return". :noid:
Kinda doesn't work out...

Shalom

I just negged a guy and it said something like "Thank you for giveing out rep. Maybe you will recieve rep in return". :noid:
Kinda doesn't work out...

Hey buddy this isnt the complaint box. This is the "Ask Knight" thread. You got a question or what? :guitar:

Added in edit: Doh! Is it still fellowship week...? :chuckle:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
IMHO, I think that the "TOL RANK" would look better if it was up there underneath the Avatar instead of down low with the signature. Having it down with the signature looks funny on post that are longer than just a few sentences.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IMHO, I think that the "TOL RANK" would look better if it was up there underneath the Avatar instead of down low with the signature. Having it down with the signature looks funny on post that are longer than just a few sentences.
I agree with ya.

The problem is.....

Most TOL posts are rather short and therefore with the rank in the upper section we end up wasting more space.

I am still tweaking that section so maybe I will come up with something that works better.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree with ya.

The problem is.....

Most TOL posts are rather short and therefore with the rank in the upper section we end up wasting more space.

I am still tweaking that section so maybe I will come up with something that works better.

:up:

fool

Hall of Fame
Way back, long ago, TOL posts had the stuff on the side.

Then you put it on the top, and I thought that was better, that way a one smilie post dosen't take the whole screen.

Now it's on the side again.

What do you think?

STUFF

OR

s
t
u post
f
f

s
i
g

?

Also, if Adam cut down a tree the second week of the universe would it have rings in it?

JoyfulRook

Hey Knight, I know you've been busy adding lots of new features and stuff, but maybe while you're in the mood, we could add one like this:
How low on reputation points is it possible to go?

I see MOM is already at -227,289.

I mean, is there a point at which your account just shuts off - or a red-letter sign blinking "RETARD" appears under your avatar?

Just curious...
That'd be one cool feature! When someone get's amazingly low in Rep points we could have a little "MORON" blinky under it!

Wolf KAzumaru

Likethis.jpg

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a chance to fix the signature field on each post so it appears obviously not part of what the author wrote. I think we used to have some dots and dashes, but now it all runs into each other.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is there a chance to fix the signature field on each post so it appears obviously not part of what the author wrote. I think we used to have some dots and dashes, but now it all runs into each other.
There is a thin line between the post and the sig.

Is it not obvious enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.