ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

Interplanner

There's more than one gospel in the Bible, Inter. Until you recognize that, you won't be saved nor will you come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I would also be under the anathema of Paul. Between you and him, and it is between you and him, no thanks on yours.

Interplanner

A dispensation of the gospel was not committed unto anyone, but Paul 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV. The same for the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3).

Details, ladies and gentlemen! The KJB is full of details. 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Btw, Paul has a collective plural many times when he is talking about himself and other preachers of the Gospel. And it is not just his immediate group (often people in training around him before they went on their own). He meant other apostles and the misc like Apollos or Aquila.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; "

Continued deception, as this slug just spams the verse, asserting that the apostles referenced in Eph. 3:5 KJV were the 12. This satanic shill has been shown the meaning of Eph. 3:5 KJV for years, but her father tells her to just spam the verse, highlight it in yellow, and hiss..............

Those "apostles and prophets" were the apostles and prophets "post Paul," moron, not the "prophets and apostles" in OT/Matthew-John.

Note the order-only 1 exception:

"prophets and apostles" in OT/Matthew-John.

Luke 11:49 KJV

Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Prophets, then apostles.

Post Paul

Apostles, then prophets.

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Same order in Eph. 3:5 KJV ,LALaw quotes-apostles first, then prophets:

now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets
excellent!

LA has been trying for a very long time to divert the fact that what Paul was revealing in Ephesians 3 is a "but now" mystery truth:

"mystery"

"Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men"

"as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit"

"unsearchable"

"hid in God"

It's all Body truth! The serious Bible student can see that the apostles that Paul speaks of here are not the 12 to Israel, nor was it revealed "according to the scriptures" before Paul. The apostles and elders are those in the church the body of Christ and what Paul reveals here is the why/the cause that he was the prisoner of Jesus Christ for us, the "YOU GENTILES"!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward!

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would also be under the anathema of Paul.
Why, because you preach an other gospel than that which he preached unto us? If you are, then yep. So be it (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).
Between you and him, and it is between you and him, no thanks on yours.
You're the one with a problem (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

Danoh

There's more than one gospel in the Bible, Inter. Until you recognize that, you won't be saved nor will you come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Tying salvation to that in a "one size fits" all condemnation is off-base.

Plenty of people have trusted that Christ died for their sins as sufficient payment - people who were not Mid Acts before they heard anything beyond Christ died for your sins, simply believe.

You're on that rant because you have misread what Paul meant in Romans 1 about his desire to establish those already saved Romans in all the other aspects of his gospel beyond Christ died for your sins. Aspects he goes into in great length after Romans 3's Crosswork.

He said the same to the saved Corinthians. Though in their poor spiritual shape, there it was lament he would not be able to share those greater details of the Mystery he had wanted to, 1 Cor. 1-3.

I know, I know, differing with your version of Romans, or whatever, is some cataclysmic event :rotfl:

But seriously, you really need to go sit under a Mid Acts ministry that knows how to bring out the passages, a while. It does not seem you were Mid Acts when you took on the odd views you and yours assert, and how you arrive at them.

Then again, you've yet proven you are one to compare findings with anyone other than those who hold your same views.

In this, the best to you...

heir

TOL Subscriber
Tying salvation to that in a "one size fits" all condemnation is off-base.
Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, Galatians 1:8-9 KJV

It's Paul's gospel that establishes (Romans 1:11 KJV, Romans 1:15-16 KJV, Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 3:2 KJV)
That's the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

Danoh

Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, Galatians 1:8-9 KJV

It's Paul's gospel that establishes (Romans 1:11 KJV, Romans 1:15-16 KJV, Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 3:2 KJV)
That's the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

You really need to "establish" what Paul means by "establish" there in Romans 1.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You really need to "establish" what Paul means by "establish" there in Romans 1.
If you believe not that the gospel of Christ was preached as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) and that we are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ "by the gospel" (Ephesians 3:6 KJV), your issue is not with me.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Which gospel did Abraham believe, that it was counted to him as being righteous?

Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
and that it is also error that it was made known first to and through Paul.

The mysteries kept secret since the foundation of the world were first preached by Christ Jesus, not Paul.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Danoh

I have repeatedly.

No, dear sister; you read your idea into that passage in Romans 1.

Establishment truth is a Principle dealing with the issue of educating the Believer in truth beyond the Cross - it is for Believers, not for the lost.

Acts 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

2Pet 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Danoh

If you believe not that the gospel of Christ was preached as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) and that we are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ "by the gospel" (Ephesians 3:6 KJV), your issue is not with me.

Lol, in this, Frued's "witness is true."

He repeatly found that when someone asserts "the problem is not with me" that is often the opposite case.

I never said "my problem is with you."

It isn't it with some of your doctrine, together with your behavior towards anyone who does not hold your view. Do you not recall when I used to carry on in the same way?

Again, and again, and again - the best to you in this...

heir

TOL Subscriber
Which gospel did Abraham believe, that it was counted to him as being righteous?
Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Genesis 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

Genesis 15:3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

Genesis 15:4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

Genesis 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Danoh

Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Genesis 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

Genesis 15:3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

Genesis 15:4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

Genesis 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Lol, I'll bet you like that it mentions the word "heir."

Anyway, your heir-ness, finally, a post from you I agree with...its been awhile...

Interplanner

Why, because you preach an other gospel than that which he preached unto us? If you are, then yep. So be it (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).You're the one with a problem (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

No, there is only one Gospel. The Lamb (sacrifice) of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, there is only one Gospel.
Is, presently, yes and it's called the gospel of Christ. It is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (at the time Paul wrote it to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). That is not the "same gospel" that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5,...Don't be ignorant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is not the "same gospel" that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5,...Don't be ignorant.

The New Covenant wasn't put in place until Christ Jesus shed His blood on the cross.

Therefore, nobody preached the NC in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Peter and Paul were ministers of the NC. They preached the NC to two very different groups of people (Jews and Gentiles).

Interplanner

The New Covenant wasn't put in place until Christ Jesus shed His blood on the cross.

Therefore, nobody preached the NC in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Peter and Paul were ministers of the NC. They preached the NC to two very different groups of people (Jews and Gentiles).

Whoa, it was anticipated the whole time. "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." It was the same Gospel throughout, Lk 4:18 etc.

Interplanner

Is, presently, yes and it's called the gospel of Christ. It is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (at the time Paul wrote it to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). That is not the "same gospel" that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5,...Don't be ignorant.

Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. It was the same indeed. Acts 2, 3 are in particular the same thing Paul says in 13: with the added emphasis that this is what was promised to Abraham, and is a blessing to the nations.