ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

john w

Hall of Fame
It certainly was not hid from them after Jesus opened their understanding to the scriptures about Himself, after His resurrection.

Thus proving that the 12 knew all bout the cross and its reasons well before Paul had heard of it.

Anyway the Temple procedures taught it all.

LA

It was hid from them, the death, burial, resurrection(the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV),yet, for over 3 years, idiot, the 12, including your brother, saint Judas, preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom, thus refuting your "only one good news/gospel" satanic assertion.

"It certainly was not hid from them after Jesus opened their understanding to the scriptures about Himself, after His resurrection.

Thus proving that the 12 knew all bout the cross and its reasons well before Paul had heard of it."-idiot

That was not the "argument" you made, and which I was addressing, idiot. You "argued" "one piece of good news/gospel," and I picked apart that satanic assertion.

Slick....real slick, like your father, serpent.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is the writer of the article wrong and are you in agreement with him when he states:

I can unequivocally state that he is wrong and I am not in agreement with him as he is not in agreement with the scriptures. Can you? What do you believe?I am in agreement with the scriptures that Paul was speaking to Gentiles (specifically there a proselyte Romans 1:13 KJV, Romans 2:17 KJV, Romans 2:25 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, ) when he wrote that. And look at you mocking me about it instead of putting up what YOU believe.

Put up or shut up!

What should I think of your silence on this matter? Why can't you answer these simple questions?

Danoh

Why bring an article in without commenting on it as if you are in agreement? If you disagreed with it, why not say so in the OP? What else about the article do you disagree with? What about the article do you agree with? This is your chance to state YOUR position.

My own understanding is in accord with everything in that article, with the exception of its writer's obvious, remaining Calvinist residue, also, his view that some gifts are still operative, his view that Christ it the Body's priest, and his understanding of what John the Baptist meant as to the Lamb of God.

Any others, well, I'm sure you'll straighten me out on them in your usual demeaning, ur, um, uh - demanding - manner :rotfl:

Danoh

What should I think of your silence on this matter? Why can't you answer these simple questions?

Darn it; I forgot I was going to hold off answering for a week or so; see how steemed you might get - darn, darn, darn :rotfl:

But seriously, dear sister, take a ride on your Harley or something; loosen up a bit.

YOU'RE IN HIM - REJOICE!

:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

It was a mystery hidden in the scriptures until the Lord revealed it to Paul.

Yet you have no scripture which states the mystery was first revealed to Paul and not to the disciples of Christ at this point in time of--

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
My own understanding is in accord with everything in that article, with the exception of its writer's obvious, remaining Calvinist residue, also, his view that some gifts are still operative, his view that Christ it the Body's priest, and his understanding of what John the Baptist meant as to the Lamb of God.

Any others, well, I'm sure you'll straighten me out on them in your usual demeaning, ur, um, uh - demanding - manner :rotfl:
So the OP is right. Danoh wrongly divides the word of truth as he agrees with the article instead of the scriptures that clearly state Paul's gospel was before a mystery and why (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). This is one of the reasons why there is no fellowship in the gospel between us. You deny the facts surrounding it. You are not set for the defence of it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Darn it; I forgot I was going to hold off answering for a week or so; see how steemed you might get - darn, darn, darn :rotfl:

But seriously, dear sister, take a ride on your Harley or something; loosen up a bit.
2 Corinthians 4:1-2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 KJV
YOU'RE IN HIM - REJOICE!
I rejoice in the Lord alway, worship Him in Spirit and in truth and approve things that are excellent.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the OP is right. Danoh wrongly divides the word of truth as he agrees with the article instead of the scriptures that clearly state Paul's gospel was before a mystery and why (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). This is one of the reasons why there is no fellowship in the gospel between us. You deny the facts surrounding it. You are not set for the defence of it.

The verses do not say Paul was the first to receive revelation of the mystery.

You add your own opinion to the verses.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
The verses do not say Paul was the first to receive revelation of the mystery.

You add your own opinion to the verses.

LA
A dispensation of the gospel was not committed unto anyone, but Paul 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV. The same for the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3).

Details, ladies and gentlemen! The KJB is full of details. 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A dispensation of the gospel was not committed unto anyone, but Paul 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV. The same for the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3).

Details, ladies and gentlemen! The KJB is full of details. 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

1 cor.9:17 does not say the dispensation of the Gospel was committed only to Paul, nor does any scripture say only Paul was committed the dispensation of the grace of God.

Why do you keep adding to Gods word?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 cor.9:17 does not say the dispensation of the Gospel was committed only to Paul, nor does any scripture say only Paul was committed the dispensation of the grace of God.

LA
It tells you who was committed the dispensation of the gospel. You can't stand it that it doesn't say it was the 12. Galatians 2:7 KJV also tells you who the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed building on Galatians 1:11-12 KJV. As to the dispensation of the grace of God:

Who does it say was given the dispensation of the grace of God?
Who did God make known the mystery of Ephesians 3?
Unto whom was this grace given, that he should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ?

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

I don't. Why do you keep ignoring who God committed the dispensation of the gospel and gave the dispensation of the grace of God?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It tells you who was committed the dispensation of the gospel. You can't stand it that it doesn't say it was the 12. Galatians 2:7 KJV also tells you who the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed building on Galatians 1:11-12 KJV. As to the dispensation of the grace of God:

Who does it say was given the dispensation of the grace of God?
Who did God make known the mystery of Ephesians 3?
Unto whom was this grace given, that he should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ?

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

I don't. Why do you keep ignoring who God committed the dispensation of the gospel and gave the dispensation of the grace of God?

None of those verses say the dispensation of the Gospel was committed only to Paul, nor does any scripture say only Paul was committed the dispensation of the grace of God.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

LA

Interplanner

God wanted as many people as possible to be missionaries of the Gospel. The blind spot for those in Judaism was that they thought the inclusion of the nations was going to be through the Law. Eph 3:5's grammar is quite clear: the inclusion happens through the Gospel. It therefore results in 'worship' in a different 'building' from Judaism as they knew it--in spirit and truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
None of those verses say the dispensation of the Gospel was committed only to Paul, nor does any scripture say only Paul was committed the dispensation of the grace of God.
None of the verses you cited say that anyone else was committed a dispensation of the gospel or given the dispensation of the grace of God. It's says Paul. I believe it. You don't.

john w

Hall of Fame

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

[/YELLOW]

LA
"as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; "

Continued deception, as this slug just spams the verse, asserting that the apostles referenced in Eph. 3:5 KJV were the 12. This satanic shill has been shown the meaning of Eph. 3:5 KJV for years, but her father tells her to just spam the verse, highlight it in yellow, and hiss..............

Those "apostles and prophets" were the apostles and prophets "post Paul," moron, not the "prophets and apostles" in OT/Matthew-John.

Note the order-only 1 exception:

"prophets and apostles" in OT/Matthew-John.

Luke 11:49 KJV

Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Prophets, then apostles.

Post Paul

Apostles, then prophets.

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Same order in Eph. 3:5 KJV ,LALaw quotes-apostles first, then prophets:

now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets