Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In such a case, he would be disciplined by the Church and would be unable to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Likewise regarding someone who "declared his intent" to commit---and actually did commit---the sins of, e.g., adultery, theft, fornication, lying, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

In other words, your church wouldn't allow him full fellowship either nor would they allow him to join your church. He did by the way declare his intent to practice homosexuality and declared his rejection of it being sinful/wrong.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Something around a third of Rome's collars - the guys who GIVE communion - are already estimated to be sodomites so that point is kinda moot, know what I mean?

Yes, thats true, but just showing him his own objection is practiced by his church - being refused communion is a form of dis fellowship.

musterion

Yes, all of yours are, now let's get back to the topic

Go away, Traci, this is...

03_BratZone.jpg

musterion

Yes, thats true, but just showing him his own objection is practiced by his church - being refused communion is a form of dis fellowship.

Yeah, but see, it's always different when papists do it. Like passing pedo-priests from parish to parish without telling anyone? Or tolerating known homos giving out The Cookie? Hey, if Rome chooses to ignore such, then it's not a problem. But let a non-Catholic church kick out an open homosexual? THAT'S a problem.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Are you unaware that removing a person from the membership of a church doesnt ban them from attending the church?
Of course. To put the same point on my beliefs, everyone feels bad when they are "removed" from their group. Even though that group might consist of people who aren't like you are.

I get my thinking and beliefs because I have always been curious and empathetic of others. It makes for some not-so-good times in my life, but I feel (since I got to know Jesus) fully human for the first time in years.

I love my God and have no fear. I have healthy spiritual boundaries that protect me from getting hung up on the ignorance or cruelty from others.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course. To put the same point on my beliefs, everyone feels bad when they are "removed" from their group. Even though that group might consist of people who aren't like you are.

I get my thinking and beliefs because I have always been curious and empathetic of others. It makes for some not-so-good times in my life, but I feel (since I got to know Jesus) fully human for the first time in years.

I love my God and have no fear. I have healthy boundaries that protect me from the ignorance or cruelty from others.

Wonderful, but doesn't address the issue at all.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, but see, it's always different when papists do it. Like passing pedo-priests from parish to parish without telling anyone? Or tolerating known homos giving out The Cookie? Hey, if Rome chooses to ignore such, then it's not a problem. But let a non-Catholic church kick out an open homosexual? THAT'S a problem.
You might just say that human hypocrisy is a problem.
And Jesus said a LOT about it. His preaching lies there, waiting to be read and taken honestly.

genuineoriginal

In such a case, he would be disciplined by the Church
The discipline mentioned in the Bible is disfellowshipping and shunning.
The church in the OP kind of half-way disfellowshipped the young gay man, but not really.
All they did was remove his name from the membership roster (a pointless exercise in futility).
The young gay man had to disfellowship himself and then shunned the church that refused to disipline him.

and would be unable to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Likewise regarding someone who "declared his intent" to commit---and actually did commit---the sins of, e.g., adultery, theft, fornication, lying, etc.
You probably have heard that being unable to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist has about as much on a person as being unable to receive a Vegemite Sandwich, right?

genuineoriginal

What type of discipline would be metted out?
Say some Hail Marys, say some Our Fathers, and pray the Rosary.

Which is exactly the same things that are expected of a devout Catholic that is not being disciplined.

Being a good Catholic is also punishment for a Catholic?
No wonder Catholics get confused.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Some human being was spewed out of someone else's mouth. Not a good feeling. We all know what that feels like.

At least I do.

Where did they say that he couldn't attend the church, he just cannot participate as a member, in other words, he cant teach sunday school, lead others, vote on anything within the church, etc..

Open sin conditions are not suppose to feel good, thats the point.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Try reading the OP again and the comments on it.

Some human being was spewed out of someone else's mouth. Not a good feeling. We all know what that feels like.

At least I do.

I know what it says, since i am who made this thread.

Open sin isnt suppose to feel good.

rougueone

Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’
"We will continue to pray for you and your family."

Seems huffington post and this young man who was a 6 year member of this church calling himself a brother - needs to be reminded of this bible verse:

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

They obviously also do not understand that being a member of the local church and being able to attend it, aren't the same thing.

This church did the right thing imo, and followed scripture after being informed that he wanted to openly embrace being gay.

Thoughts?

I see where the church followed the Scriptures:

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load. Galatians 6;1 2 3 4

IE: Love and humility towards each other.

WE should be in a fellowship where there is accountability. But the accountability to God first then our brothers and sisters. And we should not have any fear of " Judgement". These fellowships appear to very hard to find. I suggest people pray intently for God to lead them to a fellowship-church where they know Gods love exist.
Confessing our sins does not mean judgement. We do so to deepen our walk, our love and intimacy with Jesus.
The church mentioned did appear to try to restore the brother:

My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, 20let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19,20

But it was his choice to remain unrepentant.

We all have sins as Cruciform noted. But we should also desire to be free from known sin. This desire will cause growth in our relationship with Jesus and each other.

I found a church that does love with Gods love. No doubt due to your prayers, Glory Daze and others. Due to a plea I made here few months ago for "Holy fellowship" . I have no fear of judgement or condemnation making my known sins known to the Pastoral staff and a few Brothers and Sisters I have met at this church. This is truly a church that Jesus designed for HIS Bride. We are all one and we all know we sin. No one is above the other.

I would recommend this article on ex-communication:
http://www.gotquestions.org/church-discipline.html

A very good thread A4T.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I see where the church followed the Scriptures:

"Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted" (Galatians 6:1).

WE should be in a fellowship where there is accountability. But the accountability to God first then our brothers and sisters. And we should not have any fear of " Judgement". These fellowships appear to very hard to find. I suggest people pray intently for God to lead them to a fellowship-church where they know Gods love exist.
Confessing our sins does not mean judgement. We do so to deepen our walk, our love and intimacy with Jesus.
The church mentioned did appear to try to restore the brother:
My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, 20let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19,20

But it was his choice to remain unrepentant.

We all have sins as Cruciform noted. But we should also desire to be free from known sin. This desire will cause growth in our relationship with Jesus and each other.

yes and after 6 years as a member he declared he was no longer going to "fight" his homosexuality but embrace its lifestyle openly (his words) and that he hadnt been attending in a while (his words) and that he didn't want to sit there with others anyway being that he now wanted to be open with his embrace of a homosexual lifestyle (practice) all his words.

I wonder if the whiners calling themselves Christians who clearly dont care what that verse says about it, would also defend an adulterer who says he is going to embrace his adulterous affair anyway - and had their membership revoked?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...I wonder if the whiners calling themselves Christians who clearly dont care what that verse says about it, would also defend an adulterer who says he is going to embrace his adulterous affair anyway - and had their membership revoked?

4) Apply the “Sexual Sin Substitution Test” for Moral Clarity: Substitute another sin for the word *gay* in any debate, discussion or media story about homosexuality and see if it makes sense.
http://americansfortruth.com/2015/1...-homosexualism-and-transgenderism/#more-23212

You dun good.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Where did they say that he couldn't attend the church, he just cannot participate as a member, in other words, he cant teach sunday school, lead others, vote on anything within the church, etc..

Open sin conditions are not suppose to feel good, thats the point.
It makes no sense to have a person join a club and be prevented from participating as a member.

To me that is abundantly clear. I know full well that you disagree, so there is little point in reading what you have to say any further.
No, I did not mean that. That was my frustration talking.

We all have a right to our beliefs and to express them like adults.
I shouldn't have obliquely denigrated your dignity as a person. I apologize if I hurt you.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I know what it says, since i am who made this thread.

Open sin isnt suppose to feel good.
Nobody said it was.
Christians who take Jesus seriously know what sin is, and they ought to feel remorse. Both parties need to forgive themselves and the other.

Jesus once demonstrated this truth in the Lord's Prayer. Forgiveness is reciprocal.