Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’

glorydaz

That was my point as well. I was trying to highlight the distinction between temptation ("orientation"?) and sin.

Yeah, that would make a difference, wouldn't it? But, apparently, it was more than that. "Embrace" seems to say that, anyway. I suppose I should read the article instead of just opining. ;)

truthjourney

If I understand the OP correctly, he wasn't kicked out, banned from attending the church. His name was removed from the membership. People who are nonmembers can still attend a church. He said he didn't want to, "I don’t feel comfortable sitting at pew or sitting beside my parents when all I’m going to see is people pointing their fingers at me because of the lifestyle I chose."

glorydaz

If I understand the OP correctly, he wasn't kicked out, banned from attending the church. His name was removed from the membership. People who are nonmembers still attend a church. He said he didn't want to, "I don’t feel comfortable sitting at pew or sitting beside my parents when all I’m going to see is people pointing their fingers at me because of the lifestyle I chose."

Well, maybe his conscience is working on him.

musterion

“I was in so much shock, I couldn’t read the rest of it... I don’t feel comfortable sitting at pew or sitting beside my parents when all I’m going to see is people pointing their fingers at me because of the lifestyle I CHOSE."

At least he's somewhat honest, unlike almost all other sodomites.

TracerBullet

Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’
"We will continue to pray for you and your family."

Seems huffington post and this young man who was a 6 year member of this church calling himself a brother - needs to be reminded of this bible verse:

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

They obviously also do not understand that being a member of the local church and being able to attend it, aren't the same thing.

This church did the right thing imo, and followed scripture after being informed that he wanted to openly embrace being gay.

Thoughts?
So you would kick out honest people out of yoru church and while welcoming those who lie

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Are they also planning to kick out all those who are tempted by, say, adultery, drunkenness, fornication, lust, stealing, lying, envy, or hatred? :think:

"tempted by" or "choosing to publicly embrace the lifestyle of (adultery, drunkenness, fornication, lust, stealing, lying, envy, or hatred)"?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If I understand the OP correctly, he wasn't kicked out, banned from attending the church. His name was removed from the membership. People who are nonmembers can still attend a church. He said he didn't want to, "I don’t feel comfortable sitting at pew or sitting beside my parents when all I’m going to see is people pointing their fingers at me because of the lifestyle I chose."

Correct.

Cruciform

He openly declared his intent to sin. Would your church embrace him as a member in this case? Would they offer him communion?
In such a case, he would be disciplined by the Church and would be unable to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Likewise regarding someone who "declared his intent" to commit---and actually did commit---the sins of, e.g., adultery, theft, fornication, lying, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

musterion

He openly declared his intent to sin. Would your church embrace him as a member in this case? Would they offer him communion?

Something around a third of Rome's collars - the guys who GIVE communion - are already estimated to be sodomites so that point is kinda moot, know what I mean?

The Berean

In such a case, he would be disciplined by the Church and would be unable to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Likewise regarding someone who "declared his intent" to commit---and actually did commit---the sins of, e.g., adultery, theft, fornication, lying, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
What type of discipline would be metted out? And what if a person refuses to submit to this discipline? :idunno:

PureX

Are they also planning to kick out all those who are tempted by, say, adultery, drunkenness, fornication, lust, stealing, lying, envy, or hatred? :think:
Those in favor of this kind of self-righteous religious bigotry should try and answer your question.

They won't, though.