Are You Legally Saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

It is no secret that you don't like me, nor do you like what I post. I will continue to present Jesus Christ and his Gospel. If you don't like it then I guess you will have to ban me.

3a84e87a97f8895c1c51fd47124c936b--dont-poke-the-bear-quotes-victoria.jpg

iouae

The scriptures indicate that the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Romans 6:15. Plus many others.

God is at peace with the world because of Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, However, there will be a judgment when Jesus appears.

Nailed to the cross was the charge sheet of the one crucified. E.g. "King of the Jews". But in Christ's case, nailed to His cross were "All the sins of the world". Remember how the Jews argued with Pilot over what should be placed on the sign on Christ's cross. THAT is what Col 2:14 means by "handwriting of ordinances"...
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

"Handwriting of ordinances" has nothing to do with the 10C or OT law which Paul speaks about, in Rom 7:12 as
"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good".

Why would God do away with something which is "holy, just and good?"
Again, the law is lousy at saving, but excellent at telling us why we need saving.
Folks mistake it being useless at saving as being just plain useless.

Ephesians 2:15 refers to the same charge sheet nailed to the cross.

Rom 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Suppose a cop pulls you over for speeding, and you WERE doing 35mph over the limit.
But the cop is in a good mood and lets you off with a warning (you are under grace now).
But you Robert Pate take off, wheels smoking, and flaunt that grace, leaving the cop in your rubber smoke as you go back to 35 over the speed limit.
So he takes off after you and now gives you two tickets. This analogy is no different to what Romans is saying.

Being under grace means Christ paid for your sins. But this does not give you leave to DELIBERATELY go and sin because you have a "get out of jail" card (that's a Monopoly analogy).

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is no secret that you {Sherman} don't like me, nor do you like what I post. I will continue to present Jesus Christ and his Gospel. If you don't like it then I guess you will have to ban me.

Robert,

You are really beyond the bounds here. Because you have been called out by staff for starting too many threads that are redundant does not have anything to do with whether or not one is "liked". You draw the wrong conclusions from the plain facts in front of you. Of course you do the same in your interpretations of Scripture.

Your lack of civility towards staff is going to be your undoing. Stop trying to set yourself up as a martyr, some lone voice proclaiming the Good News, and using that as an excuse for bad behavior.

AMR

God's Truth

It is no secret that you don't like me, nor do you like what I post. I will continue to present Jesus Christ and his Gospel. If you don't like it then I guess you will have to ban me.

I just want to say that I do not think you care one bit about post count.

What say you?

God's Truth

Salvation has come, so don't be ignorant:

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

God's Truth

The false Catholics and ignorant people such as Meshak who don't believe Paul:

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12
[ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

God's Truth

Those who are saved receive the Holy Spirit and know it; unless of course they don't know. 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

The Catholics say they can't know if they are saved.

Meshak says she is not saved.

I believe Meshak when she says she is not, and I believe the Catholics have no knowledge about salvation.

The Catholics believe when their popes canonize a person and declare them a "Saint" then that is when people can know.

The Catholic pope chooses whom is saved and then displays any of the decayed remains they have of the "Saint".

These false teachings must be exposed.

musterion

Nobody is "saved" until they are in heaven. Until then were are all working out our salvation as Paul teaches.

Lie. That's how your church keeps you chained.

Paul used saved in the sense of safe in Christ, and used it in the past tense...a done deal for all who believe the saving Gospel which your church anathematized.

Many other Catholics have received salvation...complete forgiveness of all sins and permanent justification, and newness of life in Him. You could too, if you wanted it.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
​I don't mind what you post. I don't like you flooding the site with the same topic over an over. You dilute your message. It doesn't matter what the topic is, multiple posts on the same thing will get shut down.

God's Truth

Lie. That's how your church keeps you chained.

Paul used saved in the sense of safe in Christ, and used it in the past tense...a done deal for all who believe the saving Gospel which your church anathematized.

Many other Catholics have received salvation...complete forgiveness of all sins and permanent justification, and newness of life in Him. You could too, if you wanted it.

Catholics do not believe they are saved. So what is this many other Catholics received salvation comment?

God's Truth

Peace, love and many blessing, GT.

You do not know what 'peace' and 'love' mean because you don't study the scriptures enough.

We are also to add to our faith knowledge.

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

And, from knowledge comes self-control.

2 Peter 1:6
and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

When we gain knowledge, we have more peace.

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

You do not have the full counsel of God.

Acts 20:27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

God's Truth

love, peace and many blessings in Jesus, GT.

Don't worry about others.

Stop being a hypocrite. Go study more about the Lord and dig Paul up from hell where you put him. Tell him you are sorry and you will put back the pages you ripped out where he speaks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Would you like pos rep GT?

Is that going to make you feel better?

I will give you one or two daily since you seem to like getting them so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.