are you a feminist?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
who is going to do it?

how are they going to decide?

How does anyone decide if someone has been abused? They report it and investigate. See a physician. Collect evidence.

The main reason I hold the title of feminist is because as a woman, it is MY job to protect my children and encourage other women to protect THEIR children. I am the ONLY person with the power to do this.

Existing children should always be the FIRST priority, yes or no?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
are these the ones doloresistere complained about?

Rusha 19
Arthur Brain 13
bybee 11
annabenedetti 8

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are these the ones doloresistere complained about?

Rusha 19
Arthur Brain 13
bybee 11
annabenedetti 8

Yes, we were the some of those mentioned in his whiny good-bye post.

Which goes to the point of this thread ... some individuals (like yourself) are so thin-skinned and incapable of handling disagreement, that they are quick to hand out labels that do not apply.

bybee

let's get back on topic

are you a feminist?

Feminist: "One who advocates women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes".
"One who subscribes to the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes; organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests".

Now this covers a rather broad spectrum of advocacy.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Feminist: "One who advocates women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes".
"One who subscribes to the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes; organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests".

Now this covers a rather broad spectrum of advocacy.

why did you say you were not a feminist?

RCLady

what is the feminist agenda?

The feminist agenda is the defeminization of women........not merely in dress........ but more importantly in thought and behavior........................ and the immorality and ultimate destruction that comes with it............

RCLady

Feminists have clearly lost the notion of the dignity of the woman............ feminism isn't a reflection of true emancipation...........but rather a debasing of the feminine character.............

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Chrysostom didn't make up the word "feminist." It has a more or less established meaning based on various groups of people who called themselves "feminists." If Chrysostom were asking whether people on the forum consider themselves "Communists" or "Platonists," there probably wouldn't be the same affected ignorance about the meanings of the terms.

Words have meanings. These meanings generally are set by habitual use over time by large numbers of people. You know what a feminist is (even if you can't produce a definition). If you only imperfectly approximate to being a feminist, then say: "I am a feminist in x, y and z respects, but not in a, b, and c respects." Either way: Stop playing dumb and answer the question.

Or not.

Just stop playing dumb. It makes you look ridiculous.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Chrysostom didn't make up the word "feminist." It has a more or less established meaning based on various groups of people who called themselves "feminists." If Chrysostom were asking whether people on the forum consider themselves "Communists" or "Platonists," there probably wouldn't be the same affected ignorance about the meanings of the terms.

Words have meanings. These meanings generally are set by habitual use over time by large numbers of people. You know what a feminist is (even if you can't produce a definition). If you only imperfectly approximate to being a feminist, then say: "I am a feminist in x, y and z respects, but not in a, b, and c respects." Either way: Stop playing dumb and answer the question.

Or not.

So you've just made my point for me. Feminist means different things to different people. I asked him what feminist meant to him, he declined to answer what should have been easy enough for him to do and if he was sincerely interested in my answer he would've made an attempt to further the dialogue; but apparently he's more interested in counting posts and pretending I can't answer instead understanding that I won't answer without more information from him.

Oh, and...

Just stop playing wise. It makes you look unqualified.

bybee

Or not.

Stop being pompous! It makes you look oh so, so, so, Traditio!

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So you've just made my point for me. Feminist means different things to different people. I asked him what feminist meant to him, he declined to answer what should have been easy enough for him to do and if he was sincerely interested in my answer he would've made an attempt to further the dialogue; but apparently he's more interested in counting posts and pretending I can't answer instead understanding that I won't answer without more information from him.

Oh, and...

Just stop playing wise. It makes you look unqualified.

As I said, the simple way to go about this is to say: "Look, in line with certain groups of feminists, I assert x, y and z. Contrary to other sets of feminists, I deny a, b, and c. In fact, out of respect to St. Pope John Paul II, I especially emphasize that e, f and g." See how easy that is? Seriously, reread the first few pages of this thread. It's kind of annoying. In fact, it's downright tedious!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As I said, the simple way to go about this is to say: "Look, in line with certain groups of feminists, I assert x, y and z. Contrary to other sets of feminists, I deny a, b, and c. In fact, out of respect to St. Pope John Paul II, I especially emphasize that e, f and g." See how easy that is? Seriously, reread the first few pages of this thread. It's kind of annoying. In fact, it's downright tedious!

I'll go about it the way I decide to.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread has become as interesting as a poke in the eye with a big stick.
I believe you are nattering to hear yourself natter....
I'm out of here!

Indeed ... it's not my job to correct the ignorance and intentional dishonesty of those who will cling to any misrepresentation to justify their dismissal and disdain for women.

We know whose job that is ... Chrys.