but
more importantly why they don't want to talk about it

are they intimidated?

someone mentioned insecurity
are they insecure in their beliefs?
I don't think so
but
they are not ready to take on the kind of attacks you see in this thread

If you actually defined your terms of what a feminist is you'd have a question people could actually answer. As it is - and as usual - you're just doing the same ole usual...

PureX

this is not about me
or
what I think a feminist is

it is about why so many are not comfortable with the feminist label
but
more importantly why they don't want to talk about it
I think the more interesting question would be why your cronies on the political right have been demonizing feminism and feminists since the 1960s. Got any ideas about that?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think the more interesting question would be why your cronies on the political right have been demonizing feminism and feminists since the 1960s. Got any ideas about that?

I just asked you how they were doing it?

you brought it up

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
this is not about me
or
what I think a feminist is

It is about you ... and your reluctance to give YOUR definition of a feminist is quite revealing.

Let's begin with the small stuff.

Are you against women working and earning the same wage as a man IF their performance is equal?

Should any woman ever be expected to keep herself and children in a violent, dangerous situation that involves her husband or significant other?

Who should define who the breadwinner of the household is ... the father, mother or ... society?

PureX

I just asked you how they were doing it?

you brought it up
All the usual methods: slander, humiliation, exclusion, willful ignorance, … just mention the term "feminist" to a right-winger and they'll immediately start spewing their bile and condemnation. Same as happens when you speak the word "liberal". Or the word "homosexual". Or the word "union". Right-wingers seem to have a propensity for loading up certain words with all their negative presumptions, and then proselytizing those vile projections every chance they get.

bybee

and you didn't know what don quixote was all about
but
you did know it was a classic

Another example of your dishonesty.
I have studied Don Quixote rather extensively.
The two of you on your donkey's challenging windmills is an exercise in futility even though one feels that the hearts are quite pure.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All the usual methods: slander, humiliation, exclusion, willful ignorance, … just mention the term "feminist" to a right-winger and they'll immediately start spewing their bile and condemnation. Same as happens when you speak the word "liberal". Or the word "homosexual". Or the word "union". Right-wingers seem to have a propensity for loading up certain words with all their negative presumptions, and then proselytizing those vile projections every chance they get.

what did they say feminists were doing?

Arthur Brain

that is not the issue here
you can see how they are reacting to the question
can you explain that?
that is the issue

No, the issue is that you won't define what you consider a feminist to be so how is anyone supposed to answer such a vague question? You've been asked to define your terms and then you'd get answers. Do you? No. So it shows how much you really wanted actual answers...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think rusha likes me
or
is it the questions I ask?

It's your nasty comments and hatefulness. No one has forgotten about the comments you made regarding LMOHM's appearance and just yesterday you stated if it were up to you, you would take my children (who are adults) from me.

THAT was flat out vile and reprehensible. You had no cause whatsoever to personally attack my family or me, as a mother.

This is the type of thing I would expect from someone who idolizes Rush Limbaugh.

It's despicable to use a person's children as a pawn in your sick game.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, the issue is that you won't define what you consider a feminist to be so how is anyone supposed to answer such a vague question? You've been asked to define your terms and then you'd get answers. Do you? No. So it shows how much you really wanted actual answers...

well thanks for dropping by art to point that out
but
that point has already been made

Arthur Brain

It's your nasty comments and hatefulness. No one has forgotten about the comments you made regarding LMOHM's appearance and just yesterday you stated if it were up to you, you would take my children (who are adults) from me.

THAT was flat out vile and reprehensible. You had no cause whatsoever to personally attack my family or me, as a mother.

This is the type of thing I would expect from someone who idolizes Rush Limbaugh.

It's despicable to use a person's children as a pawn in your sick game.

That's pathetic.

:nono: