are you a feminist?

Arthur Brain

I was just joking
she was the first to suggest taking kids away from their parents
something I could never be for
and
I certainly wouldn't have her deciding on what basis

If she suggested that she'd have good reason for it, I imagine along the lines of removing children from abusive parents which anyone with a milligram of common sense would be for not against...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If she suggested that she'd have good reason for it, I imagine along the lines of removing children from abusive parents which anyone with a milligram of common sense would be for not against...

who is going to decide who is a fit parent?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was just joking

You don't make jokes like that, and I don't believe for a second that it was a joke. IF someone stated you should be barred from your grandchildren, would you take that as a joke?

she was the first to suggest taking kids away from their parents something I could never be for and I certainly wouldn't have her deciding on what basis

In cases of physical abuse and/or neglect where the parent is unwilling to change, you betcha! Do you think a parent who almost shakes their baby to death should be patted on the shoulder and told to not do it again?

I am not for protecting babies only while they are in the womb, Chrys. That protection extends AFTER they are born and into their teens.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
do you think I am the only one being nasty here?

Keep your nastiness away from MY children and my role as their mother. Hate me all you want, but don't cross over into the lives of my loved ones.

Arthur Brain

You don't make jokes like that, and I don't believe for a second that it was a joke. IF someone stated you should be barred from your grandchildren, would you take that as a joke?

In cases of physical abuse and/or neglect where the parent is unwilling to change, you betcha! Do you think a parent who almost shakes their baby to death should be patted on the shoulder and told to not do it again?

I am not for protecting babies only while they are in the womb, Chrys. That protection extends AFTER they are born and into their teens.

:thumb: