Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

We are to judge all things. You're twisting what Paul said to justify your own unrighteousness in this matter, and modest dress is only "subjective" to those with no objective moral code.

So...

What's your "objective" moral code then GD? If you're okay with CS's former profile pic then it's okay to not wear that much, I mean you did see the model in question right?

She was absolutely stunning and all but hey, you did see the pic right?

elohiym

Say a married, business man attends a company function that includes a fashion show.

He sees an attractive, scantly dressed model and decides to flirt or cheat on his wife.

Who is responsible for his reaction?

He is responsible for how he acts on his attraction, and then the model shares culpability for adultery if that's what happens. I suspect with such a person, the model could be dressed modestly with similar results. He could have cheated with a female business associate who looked enticing in her modest business attire.

Arthur Brain

You people are like little kids. Who is at fault? This one OR that one? Eeny meeny miney moe.....

Whenever there are TWO individuals involved, it's quite possible there is fault on both sides. Two individuals....two behaviors.....two different consequences.

Hey GD, it ain't my fault your good buddy CS sees nowt wrong with beautiful women on the one hand and then slags them off with the other if they don't conform to certain conflicting "ideals"... which you then parrot.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is responsible for how he acts on his attraction, and then the model shares culpability for adultery if that's what happens. I suspect with such a person, the model could be dressed modestly with similar results. He could have cheated with a female business associate who looked enticing in her modest business attire.

I would agree, though in some instances, she might not realize he is married.

If she does, her actions are despicable ... though his actions are worse. He is the one who broke his vows.

I say that from the prospective of a wife who was cheated on.

elohiym

We are to judge all things. You're twisting what Paul said to justify your own unrighteousness in this matter...

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges.

That's quoting not twisting. Sorry the point makes you look like you reject Paul's words.

...and modest dress is only "subjective" to those with no objective moral code.

Then provide us some examples of objectively modest dress.

Is a burka modest dress? Let's start there. Yes or no?

glorydaz

So...

What's your "objective" moral code then GD? If you're okay with CS's former profile pic then it's okay to not wear that much, I mean you did see the model in question right?

She was absolutely stunning and all but hey, you did see the pic right?

I didn't look, and I have no interest in what you find "stunning". I remember when some people got upset about it way back when, but I just rolled on by like I do lots of things like that. I don't consider the actions of people on this forum to be topics of discussion unless I'm lied to or drawn into it through the subject of what is being discussed (as a topic - not as gossip).

And, it isn't whether I'm okay with something or not. There are certain things that are so obviously wrong and immoral that I feel I can freely comment on them, so I do. Biblical principles are concrete facts...not subjective speculation, and therefore are to be held to. I hold to those.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't been asking the question because I expect any of you to give examples of objectively modest dress, only to prove that you can't.

Daisy Duke shorts are not modest. Ban "The Dukes of Hazzard". Imprison Daisy Duke.

Baywatch babes and hunks are not modest. BAN THE SHOW.

Forever.

elohiym

Daisy Duke shorts are not modest. Ban "The Dukes of Hazzard". Imprison Daisy Duke.

"Now you're going too far!"

tumblr_lsqdpzdsrb1r12ymio1_500.jpg

Arthur Brain

I didn't look, and I have no interest in what you find "stunning". I remember when some people got upset about it way back when, but I just rolled on by like I do lots of things like that. I don't consider the actions of people on this forum to be topics of discussion unless I'm lied to or drawn into it through the subject of what is being discussed (as a topic - not as gossip).

And, it isn't whether I'm okay with something or not. There are certain things that are so obviously wrong and immoral that I feel I can freely comment on them, so I do. Biblical principles are concrete facts...not subjective speculation, and therefore are to be held to. I hold to those.

So is having a profile pic of a model - who was wearing very little in classic playboy pose mode - not enough for you to comment on? Okay, you didn't see the pic but presuming those of us who had aren't actually making the thing up - would you berate CS for such 'deplorable imagery' and also...lies?

Or are you just going to chuckle at yourself a while longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.