Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Does that include being erroneously used as someone's "girlfriend" pic on a theology forum?

:think:

She posed for the picture, didn't she? She might suffer some embarrassment, I wouldn't know, but I seriously doubt anyone will track her down and cause her any harm. But, I have to wonder what kind of a mind would lead someone to go off on all these nonsensical surmises that yours takes you on, Artie.

Does your conscience ever convict you of some wrong doing? Do you make excuses to yourself and tell yourself there was really nothing wrong with what you had done, or do you admit you erred? Does that wrong doing prevent you from stating what you see as immoral behavior, or are you so afraid of being called a hypocrite that you keep your mouth shut and focus on the "other guy"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

elohiym

So this is not going to be answered?

I answered it. Modest dress is subjective. God created people naked and left them naked until sin entered the world because being naked isn't inherently sinful. Those in the Church are not to judge those outside the Church. If you have some moral dress code for those inside the Church, one where the women are dressed modestly, let's hear it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I answered it. Modest dress is subjective. God created people naked and left them naked until sin entered the world because being naked isn't inherently sinful. Those in the Church are not to judge those outside the Church. If you have some moral dress code for those inside the Church, one where the women are dressed modestly, let's hear it.

A few of you missed that memo.:AMR:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So ... being that modesty tends to be in the eye of beholder, if a glamour model should *entice* some poor innocent man into lust after he seeks her out in a magazine, fashion show, web search, etc... who is to blame?

I am going with "the person who seeks her out". Anyone agree?

elohiym

So ... being that modesty tends to be in the eye of beholder, if a glamour model should *entice* some poor innocent man into lust after he seeks her out in a magazine, fashion show, web search, etc... who is to blame?

I agree.

glorydaz

We are to judge all things. You're twisting what Paul said to justify your own unrighteousness in this matter, and modest dress is only "subjective" to those with no objective moral code.

Arthur Brain

She posed for the picture, didn't she? She might suffer some embarrassment, I wouldn't know, but I seriously doubt anyone will track her down and cause her any harm. But, I have to wonder what kind of a mind would lead someone to go off on all these nonsensical surmises that yours takes you on, Artie.

So? I doubt she gave any permission for it to be used as it was, and why would someone do that anyway? You don't think there's anything creepy about pretending to have a model girlfriend on their profile? Seriously? I sincerely hope nobody does this woman any harm whatsoever as she doesn't deserve it.

Does your conscience ever convict you of some wrong doing? Do you make excuses to yourself and tell yourself there was really nothing wrong with what you had done, or do you admit you erred? Does that wrong doing prevent you from stating what you see as immoral behavior, or are you so afraid of being called a hypocrite that you keep your mouth shut and focus on the "other guy"?

Each and every day as it goes. I live with my own mistakes and the losses incurred as the crow flies and sleeps GD, and I make no excuses for it. Doesn't mean I can't comment on pompous prudish double standards and the like.

Interesting about this use of the word "decent". A "decent" wage for indecency....ya gotta love it. It's why I say decency is now UNCOMMON. So uncommon that most people don't know what it is.

What exactly is "indecent"? It would seem that scantily clad women are okay as long as they 'fit the bill' of whatever poster has one as his "girlfriend" as long as they agree with you...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Interestingly enough, IMO, this actually plays into an attitude of "let's blame our actions on others" mentality.

When I say *actions*, I am speaking of actually acting on an impulse.

Say a married, business man attends a company function that includes a fashion show.

He sees an attractive, scantly dressed model and decides to flirt or cheat on his wife.

Who is responsible for his reaction?

Arthur Brain

No...

It's entirely her fault for being beautiful to begin with and not covering herself with a tent.

:plain:

glorydaz

A few of you missed that memo.:AMR:

Elo's memos can't be trusted. Paul doesn't contradict himself as Elo would have us believe. We are to judge ALL THINGS.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (15) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.​

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well yes, but sex sells. it's been that way forever

Only for those looking to buy it.

Example: Many cable and satellite companies offer ADULT channels that one actually has to choose and purchase. Without the request, a person may not view them.

Who is responsible when a person chooses to view them?

Status
Not open for further replies.