Are black on white attacks justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzeidler

Are black on white attacks justified?

Were the two black guys hanging in the photo innocent?
All I saw was a pic posted with no comment about the story of it.

But we both can agree white lives matter. Right?

If those black people committed a crime they should have been tried in a legal court, not the court of public opinion. No one is above the constitution no matter what color they are. No one has the right to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Yes, white lives do matter. But they do not matter any more or less than any other lives. #alllivesmatter

ClimateSanity

They don't say "I'm German."

It sure sounds like a threat to me. I get called all kinds of things here, but I have yet to say "you should be happy you don't know me..."

Whenever I am around other people and we discuss heritage , we all use exactly the manner of speaking jzeidler uses. I do too. No one means to say they are not American citizens. If you speak in academic circles, where people pick apart your sentences, they might question what you mean.

ClimateSanity

black-people-lynched.jpg

Do you think white people have the right to tell them how and when they should forget?

You don't have to forget....still; it gives them no justification whatsoever.

ClimateSanity

There's no justification for abrogating the rights of others absent exigent circumstances that require it, like self defense. That said, it was closer to 6% in the South. Around one and a half if you included the north, where it wasn't as profitable, though the north profited by utilizing the agriculture, engaging in the transportation of slaves, etc. Or, slavery had a good bit to do with the founding of our nation and its prosperity.

The issues today evolved to some extent from the fallout of treating a race, generationally, as property. To suggest that because a few white people have been harmed by equally hate filled and ignorant people from the black community that there's some parity to what happened or that those of us in the white community can encompass the impact of that generational injury, is deeply mistaken and naive.

Sure. Most of the country was Protestant and Catholics were viewed with suspicion and distaste by a large segment of them. A holdover from the 30 Years war and the religious conflict in Europe. As to the party bit, it's odd how stunted the historical knowledge of the right is on that. By way of, the South which put his poster child in play was largely a bastion of Democratic rule and strength. When the Democratic Party moved steadily into the progressive plank and range they ran to the Republican Party and have been a foundation of it since.

I omit commenting with any real particularity on Cruc's story unless and until he can actually link to a story that sets out the particulars in support and fact.

Was there an answer in there somewhere to jzeidler question?

ClimateSanity

You're not an American?

I'm German. Descendant of the Germanic people. Do you know what the Romans did to them after they concurred their land? They crucified many of them, they raped the woman, slaughtered the old, and enslaved the children. By your logic it would be ok for me to go on a rampage against Italians. But I won't because the offense was not against me nor are those people the ones who committed the offense. Black people therefore are unjustifiably doing evil in the streets.

By Jzeidler.

His point is that African Americans are attacking white people for what was done 150 years ago. This is race based. It happened within a nation. What happened between Rome and the Germanic tribes was between a race......the civilized Italians and the non civilized Germanic tribes who were not a nation.

People of Germanic heritage have a right to attack people of Italian descent because evidently people of slavery descent have a right to attack the race of the people descended from slave owners.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Was there an answer in there somewhere to jzeidler question?
It was a flawed presumption offered with curious punctuation. I answered/rebutted the presumption.

And your point is?
Going to put your eye out if you run with it. :plain:

Yes, white lives do matter. But they do not matter any more or less than any other lives. #alllivesmatter
Like suggesting, when someone points out an endangered species, that the most heavily populated species also has value. Sure, but it doesn't have the other problem, the actual point of protest.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Whenever I am around other people and we discuss heritage , we all use exactly the manner of speaking jzeidler uses. I do too. No one means to say they are not American citizens. If you speak in academic circles, where people pick apart your sentences, they might question what you mean.

We weren't discussing heritage, I didn't ask him his heritage. He volunteered that he was German, and that's why I asked him if he was an American.

ClimateSanity

It was a flawed presumption offered with curious punctuation. I answered/rebutted the presumption.

Going to put your eye out if you run with it. :plain:

Like suggesting, when someone points out an endangered species, that the most heavily populated species also has value. Sure, but it doesn't have the other problem, the actual point of protest.

You are saying you did not see a question in his post?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are saying you did not see a question in his post?
I already answered this...you just don't get it, which means it isn't for you.

Here was that answer again: It was a flawed presumption offered with curious punctuation. I answered/rebutted the presumption.

That means the question mark at the end was resting on error and I addressed the error that should then have made the inquiry moot.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't live in the alternative universe you were brainwashed into...sorry, I don't see things that are obvious to your kind of people.
My kind of person is capable of more than reading literal direction. My kind of people understand inference and all sorts of rhetorical devices when they're presented, can navigate them with relative ease. I just went back and explained it for you in the post, but I'm not going to make a habit of it. So, again, it's likely just not for you. :e4e:

Point out where the answers are. I don't see a single answer....but then again , TH denies there was even a question.
See? That's wrong. I did no such thing. You simply didn't understand the answer. Supra.

Status
Not open for further replies.