ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Zakath said:
Hey Knight,

Didn't we decide that Enyartians was preferred over Enyartites a long while ago? ;)

'Enyartites'? Does Bob have his own line of underwear, now??
:freak:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
Beefalobilly,
There's an article in the Denver post several years ago stating that he served a jail term for a child abuse conviction. He beat his stepson with a belt until there were welts and blood.

Since when is spanking a kid with a belt considered child abuse????? :confused:

I went a few rounds with the belt whaen I was a kid and deserved it.

[I wonder if it's too late to sue my parents?] :think:

SOTK

BillyBob said:

It's not.

BillyBob said:
I went a few rounds with the belt whaen I was a kid and deserved it.

Yep! Me too! :up:

BillyBob said:
[I wonder if it's too late to sue my parents?] :think:

:idea:

:nono:

:down:

That's what the liberals would like us to do, huh?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
Since when??? Since the liberals took over the "just-a-system".

When I was little.... my dad crafted this really wicked paddle. It was about the size of a ping-pong paddle and it had a black handle with a glossy green paint job. My dad had drilled holes in the paddle so that it would swing through the air faster. And when he would swing it through the air it would make a "swooshing" sound.

And my dad would say.....
"Ya hear that? This paddle sings a song of pain and death".

And then he would smilie.

The funny part of all of this is.... if you all knew my dad you would really appreciate this story even more. My dad is the most sweet loving parent anyone could ever imagine. He loved me so much that he would attempt to scare the hell out of me!!! :shocked: I am so thankful that my father did what was best for me even if it was hard for him.

Recently.... me and my pop found the old paddle and we both got a good chuckle. Then I took the paddle and placed it upstairs and showed it to my kids. My kids think its really awesome! Except of course when it sings. :)

I decided to start a new thread with this post because I am curious as to what some of you might think about it and I don't want to derail this thread even further.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=720886#post720886

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Pastors don't usually advertise their criminal records on their web sites. You can Google it easily. Here's another one, for example: http://www.nospank.net/n-e81.htm.
Your link is to a website that advocates prosecuting parents for spanking their children! What a bunch of flaming retards!!!

Idiots!!

These lunatics would have jailed my father.

MISSION STATEMENT

The organization PARENTS AND TEACHERS AGAINST VIOLENCE IN EDUCATION takes the position that children should no longer be excluded from the legal protections against assault and battery that apply to adults. Moreover, the defense of children should be more vigorous because they are more vulnerable; because the consequences of their early mistreatment are difficult to reverse; because damaged children tend to grow into damaged adults who are likely to avenge themselves in one way or another. If they will not harm others, then they will likely harm themselves, and they may passively support the mistreatment of children perpetrated by others. Current research in the field of child development overwhelmingly confirms the theory that the earlier and the worse the mistreatment of children, the worse the outcome.

We believe that the information we offer to professionals in the healthcare and educational fields and to parents and other childcare providers by means of our Web site and printed literature can lead the way to a healthier and more peaceful society governed by the principles of nonviolence-based interactions for all.
:loser:'s

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Your link is to a website that advocates prosecuting parents for spanking their children! What a bunch of flaming retards!!!

Idiots!!

These lunatics would have jailed my father.

:loser:'s
I agree, the site owners are idiots. But they were quoting the Denver Post.

But come one, how funny is "nospank.net"? :chuckle:

Yeah, I agree that spanking is perfectly acceptable, I got a few swats as a kid and deserved it, but if it is true that the kid had bleeding and welts then that seems to be over board. The idea is to punish, not injure. But I haven't seen the pictures so I won't make any judgement.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
beefalobilly said:
Yeah, I agree that spanking is perfectly acceptable, I got a few swats as a kid and deserved it, but if it is true that the kid had bleeding and welts then that seems to be over board. The idea is to punish, not injure. But I haven't seen the pictures so I won't make any judgement.

Considering the target area of a spanking, would you want to see any pictures?

Mr. 5020

beefalobilly said:
As a note, I'll never admit to knowing whether or not Enyart actually did anything that I would consider "abuse." However, he is a convicted child abuser.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
The Denver Post is a left wing wacko newspaper. The more "conservative" paper here in town is the Rocky Mountain News. A few years ago the News and the Post merged which left no balance at all.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
However, he is a convicted child abuser.
Yep... that is true.

Which brings us full circle.... are we really prepared to accept this new definition of "child abuse"?

Bob Enyart is no more a child abuser than my father is a child abuser nor anymore than most grandmothers that I know.

Imrahil said:
Considering the target area of a spanking, would you want to see any pictures?
:doh: :D no thanks!

Seriously though, I think if the whoopin' was NOT severe enough to warrent child abuse, then why would they be able to convict him on pictures taken later? If it was really only a mild spanking, you'd think that it would go away in a few minutes.

Considering it would have only been his testimony versus his step-sons, its the picture that made the case. And I seriously doubt that he would've been convicted if there was only some redness (that likely would disappear after a few minutes)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:

But come one, how funny is "nospank.net"? :chuckle:
Oh and as a side note.... Mr. 5020 did you read the article you referenced? It was actually pretty reasonable. Was there anything in that article that made you think Bob Enyart did anything more than typical child discipline?

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Oh and as a side note.... Mr. 5020 did you read the article you referenced? It was actually pretty reasonable. Was there anything in that article that made you think Bob Enyart did anything more than typical child discipline?
Mr. 5020 said:
As a note, I'll never admit to knowing whether or not Enyart actually did anything that I would consider "abuse." However, he is a convicted child abuser.
One addition to this: I understand BobE was not the step-father of the child at the time. If you were a child's father, and some other man beat your child to the point of welts, would you not file charges? I would.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
One addition to this: I understand BobE was not the step-father of the child at the time. If you were a child's father, and some other man beat your child to the point of welts, would you not file charges? I would.

Given permission, does that still make it wrong?

If I had a babysitter whom I trusted, and she/he was babysitting my children, I would allow them to spank my kids.