ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
I disagree with some of his views, and they all appear previously.

And you know what Enyart's views are because you listen to his show? You buy his Bible study tapes? How?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
And you know what Enyart's views are because you listen to his show? You buy his Bible study tapes? How?
:chuckle:
You forgot to suggest he actually buy someting specific ... ;)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
:chuckle:
You forgot to suggest he actually buy someting specific ... ;)

Do you mean the June '03 debate? He can view that here for FREE!

If he wants to read the beating in book form, then it’s gonna cost em.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
It seems that since my apology is not good enough maybe I should just retract it. Nothing will satisfy you guys.

You could try retracting your statements you have no proof for.

deardelmar said:
It would probably be better if you went to KGOV.com and checked out his ministry yourself. My guess would be you won't like him but I hate to see you judge him based on anothers opinion.

Thanks, I actually found enyart.com where he has some info about himself, I do disagree with some of what he has to say but not all. I've never heard his show, but from some of his quotes it does sound like he could be considered a "shock jock" but I don't know..

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Beefalobilly,
There's an article in the Denver post several years ago stating that he served a jail term for a child abuse conviction. He beat his stepson with a belt until there were welts and blood.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
It seems that since my apology is not good enough maybe I should just retract it. Nothing will satisfy you guys.

It was a backhanded apology.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Hey Knight,

Didn't we decide that Enyartians was preferred over Enyartites a long while ago? ;)

ducks for cover

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Are you sure it wasn't.... Enyarites?
I don't quite recall, that's why I asked... :think:

... they say memory is the second thing to go... now if I could only remember the first thing... ;)

aharvey

Nineveh said:
beefalobilly,
Or you can read just about the only article I can find on the issue.
beefalobilly,

Better yet, just do a google search on "enyart stepson jail." You'll get a couple dozen hits (with the usual redundancy and irrelevant links), not all of which exclude the welts and broken skin part as did the WorldNet version. Some of these articles also state that the kid wasn't actually his stepson at the time, another detail not mentioned in the WorldNet story (I don't know whether that last part's accurate, but it should be easily verifiable).

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beefalobilly said:
Thanks, I actually found enyart.com where he has some info about himself, I do disagree with some of what he has to say but not all. I've never heard his show, but from some of his quotes it does sound like he could be considered a "shock jock" but I don't know..
Enyart.com is run by a supporter of Bob KGOV is his own site.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
aharvey said:
beefalobilly,

Better yet, just do a google search on "enyart stepson jail." You'll get a couple dozen hits (with the usual redundancy and irrelevant links), not all of which exclude the welts and broken skin part as did the WorldNet version. Some of these articles also state that the kid wasn't actually his stepson at the time, another detail not mentioned in the WorldNet story (I don't know whether that last part's accurate, but it should be easily verifiable).
He was not his stepson at the time of the spanking but he was at the time of the trial.

JoyfulRook

The Edge said:
Beefalobilly,
There's an article in the Denver post several years ago stating that he served a jail term for a child abuse conviction. He beat his stepson with a belt until there were welts and blood.
He spanked his son 5 swats on the butt. There wasn't blood.