Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I repeat:
So did David the king.

yes, admittedly so. Like you and like me, we all deserve death. His punishment was the loss of his child.

I do not see the death of the child as David's punishment, per se.

-The death of this child came as no surprise to David because it had already been foretold by Nathan.
-Nathan had already explained the reason for death of this child to David.
-David's mourning during the child's sickness was an act of repentance.
-The death of this child was accepted as God's final answer to David's petitions for the child's life.
-David was comforted by the fact that what he asked for (and was denied) was grace.
-David found consolation and comfort in the death of the child because he was assured that, although the child could not return to be with him in life, he would go to be with the child in heaven.
https://bible.org/seriespage/13-death-david-s-son-2-samuel-1214-31

You dont know your bible, it says the loss of the child would be his punishment from God, outright.

2 Samuel 12

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more! 9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. 10 Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ 11 Thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’”

13 So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.” 15 Then Nathan departed to his house. And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill. 16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground.

So, is your not seeing it willful or selective reading? It says it plain as day.

Arthur Brain

They deserve to have their names displayed in public like they do sex offenders. They should actually be charged with sexual offense and fined and not allowed with a mile of any one under 18.

Well, considering that strip clubs and the like are adults only then what offence are they guilty of that would warrant any of that? Enticing adults to go and see the "show"?

Berk.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I do not see the death of the child as David's punishment, per se.

-The death of this child came as no surprise to David because it had already been foretold by Nathan.
-Nathan had already explained the reason for death of this child to David.
-David's mourning during the child's sickness was an act of repentance.
-The death of this child was accepted as God's final answer to David's petitions for the child's life.
-David was comforted by the fact that what he asked for (and was denied) was grace.
-David found consolation and comfort in the death of the child because he was assured that, although the child could not return to be with him in life, he would go to be with the child in heaven.
https://bible.org/seriespage/13-death-david-s-son-2-samuel-1214-31

well said.

Not well said at all, she cited a link, i cited the scriptures that say it outright.

Both of you need to get in your bible instead of links twisting what it says plain as day. See above where i quoted the word and its clearly said david would be punished with the loss of his child, in addition to his own household turning against him.

glorydaz

You dont know your bible, it says the loss of the child would be his punishment from God, outright.

2 Samuel 12

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more! 9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. 10 Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’ 11 Thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’”

And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.” 15 Then Nathan departed to his house. And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill. 16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground.

So, is your not seeing it willful? It says it plain as day.

Good post, Angel. :thumb:

But the liberals and humanists will never accept such an idea....no matter how plainly it's written. If fact, it's why so many unbelievers refuse to worship a God who would allow us to suffer in this life for the wrong we do here. They simply will never admit that God's ways are not man's ways...nor will they ever admit that suffering for our bad behavior here on earth is but one of the tools God uses to draw us to Him. But the humanists just get angry with anyone who dares to suggest such a thing.

In the same way, God allows believers to suffer when we have done nothing wrong....we are being conformed into the image of the Son. The humanists wouldn't understand this, either. They just get angry with anyone who dares to suggest such a thing.

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

ClimateSanity

Well, considering that strip clubs and the like are adults only then what offence are they guilty of that would warrant any of that? Enticing adults to go and see the "show"?

Berk.

They are promoting rape among men. They are putting themselves at the risk of rape. Perhaps sharp punishment will protect them from being a victim.

Arthur Brain

Good post, Angel. :thumb:

But the liberals and humanists will never accept such an idea....no matter how plainly it's written. If fact, it's why so many unbelievers refuse to worship a God who would allow us to suffer in this life for the wrong we do here. They simply will never admit that God's ways are not man's ways...nor will they ever admit that suffering for our bad behavior here on earth is but one of the tools God uses to draw us to Him. But the humanists just get angry with anyone who dares to suggest such a thing.

In the same way, God allows believers to suffer when we have done nothing wrong....we are being conformed into the image of the Son. The humanists wouldn't understand this, either. They just get angry with anyone who dares to suggest such a thing.

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Fail. What people balk at is the abhorrent notion that some people deserve to be raped through the self righteous piety and ignorance of people such as yourself. That's it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

2 Samuel 12

So, is your not seeing it willful or selective reading? It says it plain as day.

So everybody just remember, when something bad happens to you it's deserved from God; punishment.

glorydaz

They are promoting rape among men. They are putting themselves at the risk of rape. Perhaps sharp punishment will protect them from being a victim.

Arthur doesn't realize that strippers are not happy little campers doing what they love to do. They have a conscience that is hounding them all the time. They have parents and family who they know disapprove of what they do. They have no self esteem though they may put on a "good act". Arthur thinks by telling strippers the truth about where their life is leading them, and why they suffer because of what they do.....we're mean and unsympathetic. He doesn't realize that he and his cohorts are who has no compassion or love for them at all.

Arthur Brain

Arthur doesn't realize that strippers are not happy little campers doing what they love to do. They have a conscience that is hounding them all the time. They have parents and family who they know disapprove of what they do. They have no self esteem though they may put on a "good act". Arthur thinks by telling strippers the truth about where their life is leading them, and why they suffer because of what they do.....we're mean and unsympathetic. He doesn't realize that he and his cohorts are who has no compassion or love for them at all.

You really suck at this telepathy lark you think you have going on GD...

Arthur Brain

How is it a fail, to show what the scriptures say, that prove what lifeisgood said was wrong?

God did punish david with the loss of his child, it says it outright. (to anyone who can read)

What's that got to do with her declaring that women of an "immoral" disposition deserve to be raped?

Status
Not open for further replies.